Yellowstone tourist video prompts fierce Thai social media witch-hunt

webfact

Prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law, jail them, fine them, deport them and ban them for life, and make sure every <deleted> talkin, uneducated, nationalistic Thai person knows all about it!

Perhaps, maybe perhaps, Thai people will wake up to the fact that you may be, 'same same' but 'different', but the difference is, you're, in large part, pathetic!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Sig said:

Wow! That is an amazing statement! We must know VERY different Thai people!
I've been here over 15 years and in and out of many homes, condos, and apartments over the years. I don't recall ever seeing a place that would feel comfortable (in standards of cleanliness) for me to live in. Some weren't too bad, but I definitely wouldn't say they qualified as "very clean"! Many of these places even have more than one maid, but are still not as clean as my place, which I keep clean myself because I've never met a Thai who had a standard close enough to pay them for the job.

Agreed but Farang owned and leased condos/house are much cleaner to be fair. Thais, generally, don't care about cleanliness and will throw litter everywhere without a thought.

On 8/20/2017 at 5:34 AM, Thian said:

Have you never been in a moobaan sir?

Of course... I don't live in a bubble, but I'm not sure how that would have any bearing. Some "moobaan" are dumps and some are really nice. I've been in both. Never been in multimillionare's homes, but been in some fairly wealthy households and they still weren't as clean as I prefer to live in, even with their multiple maids. They just have a different standard of "clean", that's all.

On 8/20/2017 at 6:56 AM, LannaGuy said:

Agreed but Farang owned and leased condos/house are much cleaner to be fair. Thais, generally, don't care about cleanliness and will throw litter everywhere without a thought.

Yes, you're right, no doubt about that. But even the maids that clean in those places still have their standard of "clean" that I can't quite see the point in paying for. I just clean up after myself. It isn't very difficult. Have you ever seen them use a mop? They do of course get some of the dirt, but much of what they do is just spreading the dirt around. It's almost funny. Examples abound.... in the end, it's just a different idea of what "clean" is. I could live with it if I were camping, but I'm not camping.....