Trump jettisons business councils after CEOs quit in protest

webfact

Before we put the CEOs on a pedestal:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/business/dealbook/as-executives-retreated-lone-voices-offered-support-for-trump.html

"The Case Some Executives Made for Sticking With Trump

As corporate chieftains on a White House advisory panel debated on Wednesday on whether to disband, a few spoke up in favor of sticking with President Trump.

They made their case in terms of business self-interest, patriotism and pragmatism. "

[ presumably in that order of importance]

Trump has managed to make even grubby CEOs look good.

21 hours ago, blazes said:

Clearly you have read no history.  Go back and listen to Ike warning all American citizens about the 'military/industrial complex" and then learn something before being so abusive.

Being so abusive? By calling Trump mentally unstable? How could anyone, at this point, not think he is mentally unstable? I always knew he was. But, I was curious to find out how long it would take the world to figure this out. The man is unhinged. He cannot control himself one iota. He allows vengeance and hatred to dictate his agenda. Is that the kind stability you are implying?

I saw the press conference and he said he was going to close it anyway, of course, you were Donald. He pulled the pin on them after the Ce told n him the wanted to disband. More tit for tat teenage tantrums from the Don 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Being so abusive? By calling Trump mentally unstable? How could anyone, at this point, not think he is mentally unstable? I always knew he was. But, I was curious to find out how long it would take the world to figure this out. The man is unhinged. He cannot control himself one iota. He allows vengeance and hatred to dictate his agenda. Is that the kind stability you are implying?

He was being abusive to me.  

It is comforting to know that there are people around who can announce that Trump is 'unhinged' a whole decade or more after this biological fact was known to every viewer of his reality tv show.

2 hours ago, blazes said:

He was being abusive to me.  

It is comforting to know that there are people around who can announce that Trump is 'unhinged' a whole decade or more after this biological fact was known to every viewer of his reality tv show.

I'm against conspiracy theories.

Most of us never watched his show.  For good reasons.

19 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I'm against conspiracy theories.

Most of us never watched his show.  For good reasons.

I truly believe that reality TV, is the lowest common denominator in contemporary culture. I think it has reduced the US to a country, at least partly devoid of human understanding, and has diminished what culture it had. I avoid reality TV like the bubonic plague. Just do not get what entertainment value there is, in demeaning other people. Thankfully, I do not get it. 

So, you put a reality TV host in the very white house, and what can one expect? Reality TV, bar none. 

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

So, you put a reality TV host in the very white house, and what can one expect? Reality TV, bar none. 

Season One : Introduce characters and plot lines

Season Two: kill off least popular characters as well as some colorful ones for dramatic effect.

Season three: Rob Mueller! [quue dramatic music—Dhan-dhan DHAAN, dhan]