Lawn mower for under 15k

A Lurker

I have been to town here and this is what the offer was....

New Honda (NOT self propelled) delivered to you no problem for total of 14,500 Baht. The price includes delivery.

Let me know exactly where you are also....As I couldnt remember and said near Kon Kean...But the bloke in the shop said all you will have to do is pick it up from the nearest point to your place, no matter where you live.

Let me know if this helps..

Rgds

weegee

4 minutes ago, weegee said:

New Honda (NOT self propelled) delivered to you no problem for total of 14,500 Baht. The price includes delivery.

Let me know exactly where you are also....As I couldnt remember and said near Kon Kean...But the bloke in the shop said all you will have to do is pick it up from the nearest point to your place, no matter where you live.

Rgds

weegee

Thanks Weegee. Do you know if they ship to Samui? Maybe you can PM their number (if it's against forum rules to post it here) and I'll give them a call?

On 18/08/2017 at 8:46 AM, steven100 said:

no way ....  not getting near that contraption ...   you wanna lose a finger  !  :shock1:

Totally scary looking things.  No Way Hosay!!! The army over the highway from our soi use one to mow the very wide  (about 50 metres) verge in front of their highway frontage wall and they throw stones and stuff everywhere ,  A totally uncovered and unprotected blade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Scary!!!!!!!

I've had the opportunity to meet in 2017 with the  Isaan sales manager and Japanese managing director of Honda Power Products at a store in Buriram and at a Honda assembly plant where Honda water pumps and Honda brush cutters are assembled in Thailand. They both understand and speak English. The only genuine Honda lawn mower imported into Thailand is the self propelled Honda HRJ216K2 self walking lawn mower. There might be what appears to be Honda engines on off brand lawn mowers, but they are not truly a Honda lawn mower. If Honda Power Products did not directly import the engine you will not have Honda warranty coverage. That Honda HRJ215K2 self propelled lawn mower is not under 20,000 baht in Thailand or in any country. Honda lawn mower prices are fairly equal in most countries, yet the VAT of a country can change the price of the same Honda lawn mower.  Honda lawn mowers are the very top rated self propelled petrol lawn mowers on the Consumer Reports Magazine web site.  The Honda lawn mower warranty coverage is significantly more comprehensive and longer than many warranty coverage details in Thailand. Some lawn mowers sold in Thailand have few to none spare parts and only exclusions in the warranty document. 

Buriram Honda Lawn Mower Brush Cutter Thailand.JPG

3 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

I've had the opportunity to meet in 2017 with the  Isaan sales manager and Japanese managing director of Honda Power Products at a store in Buriram and at a Honda assembly plant where Honda water pumps and Honda brush cutters are assembled in Thailand. They both understand and speak English. The only genuine Honda lawn mower imported into Thailand is the self propelled Honda HRJ216K2 self walking lawn mower. There might be what appears to be Honda engines on off brand lawn mowers, but they are not truly a Honda lawn mower. If Honda Power Products did not directly import the engine you will not have Honda warranty coverage. That Honda HRJ215K2 self propelled lawn mower is not under 20,000 baht in Thailand or in any country. Honda lawn mower prices are fairly equal in most countries, yet the VAT of a country can change the price of the same Honda lawn mower.  Honda lawn mowers are the very top rated self propelled petrol lawn mowers on the Consumer Reports Magazine web site.  The Honda lawn mower warranty coverage is significantly more comprehensive and longer than many warranty coverage details in Thailand. Some lawn mowers sold in Thailand have few to none spare parts and only exclusions in the warranty document. 

Buriram Honda Lawn Mower Brush Cutter Thailand.JPG

Just so everyone knows how the model numbers work,

THE HONDA HRJ215K2 was made in 2015, and the HRJ216 K2 was built in 2016, and so on....The Latest model is HRJ217...

ALL INFO I AM SUPPLYING TO "A LURKER" IS DIRECT FROM HONDA IN BANGKOK....

I am never one to disagree on Thai Visa Forum. However someone in Bangkok has misinformed WeeGee about Honda Lawn Mowers. The model number HRJ216K2 has been built in several years. I have seen the boxes more than once over several years. The Only genuine Honda lawn mower sold in Thailand is the Honda HRJ216K2.  A great self propelled lawn mower. My information comes this afternoon directly from Mr.  Pairach Saetang 
Power Products Domestic Sales Bloc
Asian Honda Motor Co.,Ltd ( สำนักงานลาดกระบัง )

The date of assembly is quite clear on a sticker on each Honda lawn mower or brush cutter box. 

55 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

I am never one to disagree on Thai Visa Forum. However someone in Bangkok has misinformed WeeGee about Honda Lawn Mowers. The model number HRJ216K2 has been built in several years. I have seen the boxes more than once over several years. The Only genuine Honda lawn mower sold in Thailand is the Honda HRJ216K2.  A great self propelled lawn mower. My information comes this afternoon directly from Mr.  Pairach Saetang 
Power Products Domestic Sales Bloc
Asian Honda Motor Co.,Ltd ( สำนักงานลาดกระบัง )

The date of assembly is quite clear on a sticker on each Honda lawn mower or brush cutter box. 

Bob.....I am not, and dont want to get into a shooting match with anyone on here...."A Lurker" put out a call for some help to buy a mower.

I just feed the info, that i know, to do my bit to help someone out....if it's not completely right, he will find that out himself and get back to us on here.

I am not in any business here, with mowers and such, but it is my hobby. I dont own any mower shop or get and commission from any dealers. 

I have read this also on Utube and Google as well...If you just search for "which mowers are the best, and which ones not to buy". There are dozens of threads about this on the sites i mentioned here....Thats where I have read about the latest Model being the HRJ217 series also....but that could be in USA only.

Hope this clears it up....

While the OP said a "petrol" mower, I would just throw in that if your lawn isn't bigger than 20 m from the nearest power socket, why not go with an electric mower?  I have and OK you have to go slowly and almost impossible to cut long grass, but cost is low and no problems with starting or running.  

5 hours ago, weegee said:

Just so everyone knows how the model numbers work,

THE HONDA HRJ215K2 was made in 2015, and the HRJ216 K2 was built in 2016, and so on....The Latest model is HRJ217...

ALL INFO I AM SUPPLYING TO "A LURKER" IS DIRECT FROM HONDA IN BANGKOK....

This post i made....Was for the HRX series, NOT HRJ  series....My apologies for the mistake...

Thank you Weegee for the clarification on the Honda Lawn mowers sold in Thailand. The HRX series Honda lawn Mowers are not sold in Thailand.  Thailand seems to be a couple of years behind the curve on many fine products. The importers often tell me they do not think the Thailand market will support new technology or higher end models. Lawn mowers are a funny subject as I do not believe many if any staff in most home improvement stores have ever owned or operated a modern push petrol or electric lawn mower in their life. If you were paid 12,000 baht a month working in a store, then buying a 10,900 baht  Briggs & Stratton lawn mower or 27,000 baht lawn mower would not be high on your priority list. Now an iPhone or Samsung mobile phone paid over time since you have a job at Homepro or Thai Watsadu or Global House might be a priority for a Thai young person. I often think how little actual ownership experience Thai store staff have on the products they present to an expat customer.  Warranty experience, warranty expectations and the actual process of a free warranty repair is not ingrained with most Thai builders merchants store staff in my observation. To have my wife save a warranty card and the store receipt was a learning curve. 

On 8/19/2017 at 2:27 PM, weegee said:

Rgds

weegee

Yep Weegee is right I have got one now for more then 18 months ,Honda GXV 160 18 inch Cut .Price THB 14,500 pickup at the shop. Good little mower,No probs.

I am looking to buy a new mower to replace my Briggs and Stratton Euroe EAT 5.  I have had it for 4 years and although it did a good job it has needed a few repairs along the way and can be very hard to start after it has gotten hot.  I was using it to cut 2 rai of land and often came upon rocks so it took a fair bit of punishment.  I was considering the Honda but heard that the blades need replacing often so now I am considering the Troy Bilt TB208 ES model.  Looking online the cheapest price I have seen is 18,000 bht and up to 21,000.  Anyone had any experience of this model and is it worth purchasing to replace my old Euroe EAT 5

Cheers

JAF

On 8/25/2017 at 4:13 PM, JustAnotherFarang said:

I am looking to buy a new mower to replace my Briggs and Stratton Euroe EAT 5.  I have had it for 4 years and although it did a good job it has needed a few repairs along the way and can be very hard to start after it has gotten hot.  I was using it to cut 2 rai of land and often came upon rocks so it took a fair bit of punishment.  I was considering the Honda but heard that the blades need replacing often so now I am considering the Troy Bilt TB208 ES model.  Looking online the cheapest price I have seen is 18,000 bht and up to 21,000.  Anyone had any experience of this model and is it worth purchasing to replace my old Euroe EAT 5

Cheers

JAF

It doesnt matter which Mower you buy....Blades need replacing more often if you are working in the rough with stones.

Besides, the blades bought in Thailand for replacement, are very inferior to what you are used to.

1 minute ago, weegee said:

It doesnt matter which Mower you buy....Blades need replacing more often if you are working in the rough with stones.

Besides, the blades bought in Thailand for replacement, are very inferior to what you are used to.

Please, always disconnect the spark plug when you replace the blade. Pretty hard to type without your fingers.

19 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Please, always disconnect the spark plug when you replace the blade. Pretty hard to type without your fingers.

OR....get a mtr of 3inch pipe and flatten one end a bit, push it over the blade and then undo the nut on the centre of the blade...

Yes as a matter of fact Weegee have been busy mowing this last weekend until I ran out of petrol near the end doh! (petrol tank is smaller than what I'm used to), The mower has been great, thank you Weegee and all the others who gave input in this thread. It sounds and handles great, the comparison to my old machine is pretty amazing - definitely worth shelling out the cash. The real test though will be in the durability and maintenence, it does look like a sturdy thing though. I'm hoping to get 10 years out of this one!

Archived