Lawn mower for under 15k

A Lurker

Hope this is posted in the right forum.

Is there such a thing as a decent petrol push lawn mower to be had in Thailand for under 15k baht?

Have managed to keep my 10k baht Asgatec running for 6 years with a LOT of maintenance. Don't want to have to go through that again if it can be avoided.

Anyone tried Berala or Euroa brands?

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Honda...Push mower, is still the best and can be had for 14K Baht, if it's not self propelled. Available all over Thailand.

Another one is the " Mowell" , Honda motor, and mine has lasted 8 yrs and still starts first pull.

Thanks for that weegee. Unfortunately where I live Homepro doesn't stock Honda or Mowell and they're the only place that sells mowers. Can't see any way to order either of them online either.

Might see if I can order it through the Honda motorbike shop. Apart from that I'm out of ideas.

Usually you can order through a Honda bike dealer or contact Honda BKK direct. That's what I did and they found me a dealer in Chonburi who was happy to deliver to Pattaya.  Don't know how big your lawn is ? But for around an extra 5k you can get a decent self propelled Honda. I bought mine 4 years ago and it still starts first time. Only stored under a car port and apart from checking the oil and sharpening it has been maintenance free.  It gets used every week to cut 700 sqm of grass.

Name brand lawn mowers are sold and serviced at better family owned shops in Thailand. There is only ONE genuine Honda lawn mower sold in Thailand. The HRJ216K2 is the only real Honda lawn mower sold in Thailand. Plenty of lawn mowers that may or may not have a real Honda engine, but I assure you the rest of that off brand copy brand lawn mower will prove a disappointment. There certainly are name brand lawn mowers, self propelled for 10K on up sold in Thailand. Check out who sells Snapper self propelled with a genuine Briggs & Stratton engine in your province. Certainly are stores that ship via inexpensive parcel serves name brand lawn mowers such as Troy Bilt, Snapper, Makita, TruYard, Honda petrol self propelled lawn mowers to customers all over Thailand.  If you do a google search for the brand of lawn mower you want to get a price in Thailand you should find the dealer in your Province or in another province who will delivery the lawn mower to you.  The right store  staff can help you with after the sale warranty repairs in your province.  

Honda HRJ216K self propelled petrol lawn mower Thailand delivery June 2017.jpg

18 minutes ago, Dutchbike said:

Got a Husqvarna  LC19 which was, if memory serves me well, around 13K it's got a briggs and stratton engine, got it a couple of years now and not a single problem (only  just normal maintenance oil and air filter) would recommend it, Honda is also a good reliable brand. 

http://huskymowersthailand.com/product/lc-19/

LC19-600x538.jpg.6161819c672522fe2b4cfef01e5d214c.jpg

r

I just called and that model is now 20k+ which is unfortunately out of my price range. Shame as it looks good.

Lazada is not the lowest price seller of Honda or Troy Bilt or Makita lawn mowers in Thailand. Husqvarna does not really have any self propelled lawn mowers in Thailand. Husqvarna offer some of the very best petrol chain saws currently in Thailand.  The only Husqvarna walking or push petrol lawn mowers really in Thailand are the LC19, the LC19AP and the very interesting GX560 hoover mower. None are sold under 15K in my shopping experience.  Six month warranty on the Husqvarna lawn mowers in Thailand, while Honda is a one year warranty. 

34 minutes ago, A Lurker said:

I just called and that model is now 20k+ which is unfortunately out of my price range. Shame as it looks good.

That's quite an increase in price, I just checked and found the sale bill and it was indeed 13K ( 3 years ago) I bought it at a small family owned shop in Nang Rong ( Buriram province)

It's the kinda shop were you can bargain a bit :-) I think the list price was 15K at the time.

PM me if you want the shop's phone number they might ship one to your location

Here's another link with the same price you mention: http://www.spica-siam.com/product-category/360199/รถตัดหญ้าแบบเดินตาม.html

Cant understand,why buy a noisy, stinking and much maintenance needing petrol mover. I have a electric one (Bosch, THB 8300) for my Garden of 450sqm sience 7 Years. The only thing i've needed was a new Propeller in this time. This kind of mover is maintenance friendly and reliable.

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

Cant understand,why buy a noisy, stinking and much maintenance needing petrol mover. I have a electric one (Bosch, THB 8300) for my Garden of 450sqm sience 7 Years. The only thing i've needed was a new Propeller in this time. This kind of mover is maintenance friendly and reliable.

Pray tell, what brand is your electric wonderkind ?  Usually even the larger electric mowers struggle when cutting more than a postage sized garden. Does it have a 19 inch (48cm) cutting group ?

8 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Maybe I need to start a new thread, but has anyone seen a ride-on mower in Thailand? In Australia, a new one starts at 25,000, but I haven't seen any in Thailand to date.

Husqvarna  has two models... Don't expect a bargain price though. Google Husqvarna Thailand for their dealers

5995756ba64e1_HuskyMower.jpg.1d1ea41e3a7264f550ce02988f9ca36a.jpg

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

Maybe I need to start a new thread, but has anyone seen a ride-on mower in Thailand? In Australia, a new one starts at 25,000, but I haven't seen any in Thailand to date.

Heaps of them around in Thailand....From 115000K Baht and upwards...

New from China, is around $1500 USD with a 17.5 hp engine...

PM me if you are looking and i will give you the details.

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

A bit more then 25K at 199K :shock1:  but you can get them in Thailand

http://www.spica-siam.com/product/1594237/ct154.html

sorry has been already posted

3 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Modern lawnmowers are not noisy or stinking, nor need much maintenance  besides that, an electric one does has the same power as one with a petrol engine, before I bought the Husqvarna I had a Electric Flymo and it took me way longer to cut the grass and not to mention the annoying extensions cord. 

The mower above is an Asgate, presumably made in China. I've had one for a couple of years mowing about 3,000 square metres, half of which is coarse grass/weeds (sometimes up to half a metre high if I let it go for a few weeks this time of year). The engine seems pretty good. So far I have gone through 4 new wheel bearing sets, and a new pull starter. I got some new wheels (which come with the required double bearing set) because I think these will go sooner or later. At least parts are easy to order and fairly cheap.

14 hours ago, A Lurker said:

Thanks for that weegee. Unfortunately where I live Homepro doesn't stock Honda or Mowell and they're the only place that sells mowers. Can't see any way to order either of them online either.

Might see if I can order it through the Honda motorbike shop. Apart from that I'm out of ideas.

I contacted Honda Power  Equipment in BKK and they gave me a list of shops who sell Honda equipment.  I then rang the several shops in the nearest big towns and selected the one who sounded most cooperative.  This was to buy a HJ216 self propelled walk-behind mower at around 24k baht.  This is a much bigger and more expensive mower than you ask about.  A number of Thai companies make cheaper 18 inch push mowers with smaller Honda motors than Honda use on their own Self propelled model. Stay away from steel bodies unless you wash it scrupulously after every use.  They rust out easily.  Honda motors are wonderful.  Just change the oil as directed.  Hope this helps.

14 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Get one of these. The front wheel is optional screws on, making the machine quite suitable for mowing lawn.  Off for clearing jungle. 5.5hp engine and cheap at approximately 7000baht

Might be something the original OP may be interested in,  but you asked about ride on.  I seen,  but can't locate the video where with a little modification this machine was attached to a Honda wave motorcycle in much the same way as the sidecars you see so much in Thailand.  Get a second hand motorcycle cheap,  bolt them together and you got a cheap ride on mower with headlights, indicators and even a horn. As a bonus disconnect them,  take your bike for a nice ride and treat yourself to whatever takes your fancy with the money you saved.

7 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Get one of these. The front wheel is optional screws on, making the machine quite suitable for mowing lawn.  Off for clearing jungle. 5.5hp engine and cheap at approximately 7000baht

Might be something the original OP may be interested in,  but you asked about ride on.  I seen,  but can't locate the video where with a little modification this machine was attached to a Honda wave motorcycle in much the same way as the sidecars you see so much in Thailand.  Get a second hand motorcycle cheap,  bolt them together and you got a cheap ride on mower with headlights, indicators and even a horn. As a bonus disconnect them,  take your bike for a nice ride and treat yourself to whatever takes your fancy with the money you saved.

no way ....  not getting near that contraption ...   you wanna lose a finger  !  :shock1:

17 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

You might try a Kabota dealer. I had one back home. Great machine and heavy duty quality. 

13 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Stay away from steel bodies unless you wash it scrupulously after every use.  They rust out easily.  Honda motors are wonderful.  Just change the oil as directed.  Hope this helps.

Second that! Honda are excellent motors, they also use far less gasoline & burn less oil than other models in my experience.

Bosch has stopped importing any lawn mowers or garden products to Thailand in 2016. Genuine made in the USA Troy Bilt Ride on lawn mowers are readily available in Thailand, even at selected HomePro stores. I've seen the exact same Troy Bilt 17.5 ride on lawn mower with a made in the USA Briggs & Stratton engine for 20,000 baht less at a family owned Buriram Builders merchants store. I've seen Husqvarna built in the USA Ariens 22 hp ride on mowers in Buriram with made in USA Briggs & Stratton engines. I've seen the Chinese made engine on the entry level MTD lawn mower sold at Global House in Thailand. Mr. Ken Song of MTD confirmed the Chinese pedigree of that Power More 420cc Chinese engine on a MTD ride on mower sold at Global House in Thailand.  Makita does sell a self propelled excellent electric lawn mower in Thailand. The Makita ELM4611 is the best corded electric lawn mower I have personally seen in Thailand. It is not a whimpy under powered children's playtime lawn mower.  There are currently no suitable battery lawn mowers for sale in Thailand, but that could change in 2018. 

Buriram Thailand Ariens Troy Bilt Briggs Stratton Riding lawn Mower.JPG

Troy Bilt Self propelled lawn mower Sale trade in.jpg

On 8/17/2017 at 7:52 AM, A Lurker said:

I will be in town today and i will check where i got from and see If they will ship to you, if you want to do that.

Rgds

weegee

Archived