Pattaya's sewage treatment plants just can't cope, meeting told

snoop1130

On 8/18/2017 at 12:30 PM, theswedishguy said:

in Western countries we have a bunch of local rules/laws planning building. In TH there is none of that. Its not a criticism, just the difference in thinking, and that "everything will get solved".  No pre emptive thinking. 

I live in Pattaya in one of the new high rise buildings. Just this complex is 1000 apartments at Soi2. Electricy: the first year we had power outages at least once a week.  The last month the transformator for this grid exploded. TWICE. 

The sewer problem is because of this. Erecting 50000 new condos in Pattaya in a 5 year term and no new infrastructure = electricity, communication and sewer problems. Maybe politicians should deal with this instead of making Walking Street "clean"?

Its a matter of planning and using resources right.

(Culture differences. Again: no disrespect but more of a funny reflection.  I take a motorbike taxi. He drives wrong way one way street. He takes shortcuts on walkways. If something happens. Its lord Buddha's will.  The person is not responsible. That mentality is the sewer problem. Its a great mentality 90% of life, but please add some boring Germanic planning/ordning. Love this country. Love the way of life. I just want it to be better for us all) 

I just learnt something today 2 words which are completely non existent in their vocabulary, namely Technology and Planning.  Some months ago, our village often face power outage, each time spanning from several hours to half a day.  I asked the village manager to find out from the relevant department why the outage have been getting more regular these days. The stories they come up with are better than trashy sitcoms. "the motorbike accident with the pole' or another time 'the branch fall on the wire'. I dont know but they sound like tall stories. At some point of time I got really mad. Even in the poorest of poor Bihar, the hotels and restaurants have a backup generator which actually work without causing fire hazard. If the Germans refused to share some 19th century town planning strategies, they could always work with Bihar, could be cheaper and they share much similarities in culture.