Sophon Cable Fox News Program

d2g

The Fox news channel on Sophon Cable has been missing for several days.

Is there any information indicating if it's temporary or permanent?

Do any of the other local cable providers provide it?

Thanks in advance for any information.

As of this morning Sky News Channel also seems to have disappeared and been substituted with Euro sports.

So now it appears they have dropped BBC, Fox and sky

I don't know if they're just trying to economise or what but I'm glad it's at least provided free in my apartment

because I wouldn't be happy to pay this outfit a single cent for their service:bah:

1 hour ago, Asiantravel said:

As of this morning Sky News Channel also seems to have disappeared and been substituted with Euro sports.

I don't know if they're just trying to economise or what but I'm glad it's at least provided free in my apartment

because I wouldn't be happy to pay this outfit a single cent for their service:bah:

That's odd.  I still have BBC and Sky (which replaced Fox recently) on Sophon.

1 hour ago, Asiantravel said:

It's the reason I've given up cable TV here. There aren't enough decent English programs to make it worth while. Even True doesn't carry Fox News on their premium package.

IPTV is your only option. I watch Fox News on HDPrime TV. That's 380 baht per month.

You can easily find live Fox News streams on YouTube. They shut them down quite fast, but a new one always pops up to replace the ones shut down.

Edited by tropo

1 hour ago, musiclover said:

I have Sophon also in East Pattaya and Sky news has gone !!!! Eurosport instead 

How are you receiving it !

Sky News showed up a week or so ago to replace Fox News.  On my digital-ready TV (i.e. no converter box):

Channel 700 = Bloomberg

Channel 701 = BBC

Channel 702 = Sky News (previously Fox)

1 hour ago, wpcoe said:

Sky News showed up a week or so ago to replace Fox News.  On my digital-ready TV (i.e. no converter box):

Channel 700 = Bloomberg

Channel 701 = BBC

Channel 702 = Sky News (previously Fox)

it sounds like an entirely different deal to mine because Sky was previously on Channel 24 and Fox News was on Channel 25 -both gone.

Like I said earlier it doesn't really bother me because I would prefer to get the real news from the Internet anyway but I just think it suggests Sophon Cable is cutting back on quality.

I've tried to make sense of Sophon's various channel numberings, but it still seems a mystery.  Earlier this year while my condo unit was being renovated I rented a room three doors down (i.e. same building, same floor) and the Sophon channels were entirely different.  Someone has even commented that different TVs in his own home had different channels.  Someone posted a link to a Sophon chart of digital channel numbers and it was way different that the digital channels I get.  Go figure.

On 8/21/2017 at 8:37 AM, ThaiBob said:

You can stream all your US and UK news and sports here. 

http://www.livenewson.com

It was OK while it lasted. Now, after a day of watching, they block me with a popup asking me to subscribe or disable my ad blocker. Sounds fair enough, but disabling my ad blocker for the site doesn't get rid of the popup. Even when it was running, the video and audio were way out of sync. .... back to YouTube.

The lower channels around 75 are analog, if you have a digital TV or box added to TV, you can get around 150 digital channels with all providers now.....These are numbered in the 100's with many "future/empty" ones.....Yes, still NO FOX on any provider  :-(.  MS>

On 8/20/2017 at 8:03 AM, tropo said:

You can easily find live Fox News streams on YouTube. They shut them down quite fast, but a new one always pops up to replace the ones shut down.

Yup, web streams of all major channels are available now, I watch FOX News for its comedic value sometimes. But for real news MSNBC is here:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/politics/

CNN here:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/international/

This site has been streaming news channels for several years, France24, BBC etc, never taken down. There is a link 'News video' at top left of the page for other channels.

They also stream HBO 'Real Time With Bill Maher'  live on Fri nights, not many other sites get away with that. 

13 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

Yup, web streams of all major channels are available now, I watch FOX News for its comedic value sometimes. But for real news MSNBC is here:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/politics/

CNN here:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/international/

This site has been streaming news channels for several years, France24, BBC etc, never taken down. There is a link 'News video' at top left of the page for other channels.

They also stream HBO 'Real Time With Bill Maher'  live on Fri nights, not many other sites get away with that. 

For whatever reason, the OP was specifically interested in watching Fox News. Do you think CNN is more real than Fox News?

(thanks for the link):smile:

Edited by tropo

14 hours ago, tropo said:

It was OK while it lasted. Now, after a day of watching, they block me with a popup asking me to subscribe or disable my ad blocker. Sounds fair enough, but disabling my ad blocker for the site doesn't get rid of the popup. Even when it was running, the video and audio were way out of sync. .... back to YouTube.

Sorry about that, still works for me except using Firefox.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, champers said:

I have BTV and Fox has been replaced by Sky International. Of course, both are owned by super rich Rupert Murdock so he won't be losing out.

Sky is even more crap than Fox, and has the English disease of thinking football is news. Great if you like PC idiots wobble on about how horrible Trump is, but not so great for actual news.

Since they dumped O'Reilly, Fox is crap as well, but at least they don't show football. The Saturday shows with Greg and Watters are entertaining enough though, and I enjoy the judge's rants.

Had lots of problems with Fox in Chiang Mai recently, and they often use a different source with ads instead of the Extra. I never realised how loathsome American tv advertising is till I saw them.

12 hours ago, tropo said:

For whatever reason, the OP was specifically interested in watching Fox News. Do you think CNN is more real than Fox News?

(thanks for the link):smile:

I don't think CNN has had much more on except for "hate Trump" since the election. Even when I watched it, it had as much sports on as BBC, so I don't bother anymore.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sky is even more crap than Fox, and has the English disease of thinking football is news. Great if you like PC idiots wobble on about how horrible Trump is, but not so great for actual news.

Since they dumped O'Reilly, Fox is crap as well, but at least they don't show football. The Saturday shows with Greg and Watters are entertaining enough though, and I enjoy the judge's rants.

Had lots of problems with Fox in Chiang Mai recently, and they often use a different source with ads instead of the Extra. I never realised how loathsome American tv advertising is till I saw them.

Was in Chiang Mai last week and noticed Fox on my hotel TV - in black and white. 

I do like my football, so Sky International is fine by me. No adverts too, or red neck country singers as a replacement for adverts.

Edited by champers

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Was in Chiang Mai last week and noticed Fox on my hotel TV - in black and white. 

I do like my football, so Sky International is fine by me. No adverts too, or red neck country singers as a replacement for adverts.

LOL. I loathe football, so won't watch it, but to each his own preferences.

During the Extra breaks if they don't have any of the many non red neck country singers on I'll flick over to Sky to remind myself why I think they are rubbish.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL ! We think alike

I mean it is so surreal when it goes from describing what North Korea has just been doing and the lead up to the potential for a nuclear holocaust and then suddenly they start talking about who scored the best goal:giggle:

13 hours ago, NewGuy said:

Fox News is back on my south Pattaya condo's Sophon feed. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Back on mine too, North  of Pattaya.

Is it the same channel number as before?  I just checked and SkyTV is still on the channel where Fox News was on my Sophon feed (ch. 702) in Jomtien.

55 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Is it the same channel number as before?  I just checked and SkyTV is still on the channel where Fox News was on my Sophon feed (ch. 702) in Jomtien.

Yes appears to be.... on Sophon... for me Sky replaced BBC some time ago.

I have moved all my channel numbers around to group English...on my old sophon leaflet it shows Fox on 27 Analogue and 133 digital. 

Edited by jacko45k

On my TV (no converter box) Fox was/SkyTV is on channel 702.  I haven't seen Fox anyplace else today, either, but I didn't go through all the channels, just the 700's which are the foreign news channels on my TV.  BBC is still on channel 701.

It seems strange that different folks are getting different channels on Sophon.

14 hours ago, smedly said:

channel numbers are allocated by your TV or box when doing an auto tune so quoting numbers is actually quite pointless

I wondered about that, but how does my TV know which are movie channels, which are news channels, etc, in order to segregate them?  e.g.  On my TV, the movie channels start at 600 and overseas news channels start at 700.

3 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

I wondered about that, but how does my TV know which are movie channels, which are news channels, etc, in order to segregate them?  e.g.  On my TV, the movie channels start at 600 and overseas news channels start at 700.

if it is cable you are tuning (sophon) they allocate the frequencies and the tv allocates the numbers as it auto tunes, all TV's will be different, also depends on signal strength as some channels could be missed and if you are in a condo - they could be adding channels from different sources through the same cable, if you are tuning in true on their own box all the channel numbers should be the same as they all tune using the same box from exactly the same source (satellite). I have 2x Samsung TV's tuning in from the same cable and even those differ slightly but not by much. Channel names come with digital as meta data - analog don't have channel names, although I haven't tried it - you should be able to select say channel 805 (sky news on mine) and manually tune it to something else, the meta data might contain the channel number but I don't think so, you could test that out by retuning a particular channel number to a different channel manually, I do believe the channel will change but not the number