Auto-gate opened at Suvarnabhumi for Singapore nationals

rooster59

Auto-gate opened at Suvarnabhumi for Singapore nationals

gate.jpg

A ceremony was held at Suvarnabhumi airport on Saturday (Aug 19) for the opening of an automatic gate for Singapore nationals, with an intention of reducing immigration congestion at the airport.

The ceremony was attended by Pol Lt Gen Natthathorn Prousoontorn, the Immigration Bureau commissioner, Chatri Archjananun, director-general of the Consular Affairs Department, and Pol Maj Gen Sithichai Lokanpai, commander of the Immigration Police Division 2.

Pol Lt Gen Natthathorn said the opening of the auto-gate, or automatic passport screening system,  followed a joint consultation between the Immigration Bureau and the Foreign Ministry’s Consular Affairs Department, Thongchai Chasawath, the Thai ambassador to Singapore, and Clarence Yeo, commander of the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) of Singapore in responding to the Thai government’s Thailand 4.0 and security policy.

In the first stage, the auto-gate will be opened at Suvarnabhumi airport for Singapore as the first country.  In return, Singapore will also open an auto- gate for Thai nationals.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/auto-gate-opened-suvarnabhumi-singapore-nationals/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-20

Please also make an autogate for all tourists with visa's...they could check them while they applied for the visa in their homecountry and even know exactly when they will arrive..They also have their phonenumbers, bankaccounts and whatnot so there's no excuse to let them wait 4-5 hours at immigration.

I wonder if this will have a significant impact on the queues considering the numbers of Singapore tourists there are ?  Now if they introduce this for the 100s of thousands of high quality Chinese and Indians that come to Thailand I would think it would have  a far bigger and much more beneficial impact. 

I know the lord works in mysterious ways, but the immigration department

actions is even more baffling and confusing with their arbitrary decisions

to favor this or that group of people and nationals of reasons only known

best to themselves, and that goes with the latest 4 years and 5+5 years visas... 

Singaporeans do not need a visa to visit Thailand.

Thais do not need a visa to visit Singapore.

It's a little different than the poor Iranians and same-such that are trying to make this place their home.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The question may have been asked elsewhere, if so sorry.

If someone uses the autogate and doesn't get a stamp in their passport what happens if the police ask to see your passport during a check, say after a minor accident etc.

Some nationalities will have stamps, some won't. 

Just askin'

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

The question may have been asked elsewhere, if so sorry.

If someone uses the autogate and doesn't get a stamp in their passport what happens if the police ask to see your passport during a check, say after a minor accident etc.

Some nationalities will have stamps, some won't. 

Just askin'

My guess is that there will be a printed out receipt that you're meant to keep with your passport that shows the dates - Hong Kong uses that system instead of stamps and it's great as it doesn't use up pages in your passport. 

3 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

My guess is that there will be a printed out receipt that you're meant to keep with your passport that shows the dates - Hong Kong uses that system instead of stamps and it's great as it doesn't use up pages in your passport. 

Honestly cant remember and cant check at the moment coz shes out shopping but dont think my wife got anything like that at Swampy last time.

I wonder if this will have a significant impact on the queues considering the numbers of Singapore tourists there are ?  Now if they introduce this for the 100s of thousands of high quality Chinese and Indians that come to Thailand I would think it would have  a far bigger and much more beneficial impact. 

Thai, Singapore, Bangkok airways, Silk air, Tiger/scoot all run multiple flights daily. Not a bad selection for a trial run and can only improve the situation.

I passed through swampy yesterday and immigration was as smooth as silk. Assistance staff everywhere, more io and very organized, a perfect opportunity to show how much improved for the media covering the opening of the gates. Photographers were more interested in the immigration lines than the e gates.

43 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Honestly cant remember and cant check at the moment coz shes out shopping but dont think my wife got anything like that at Swampy last time.

Thai's don't need stamps/ confirmation slips, I mean for foreigners who need to show entry, exit before dates. 

35 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Thai's don't need stamps/ confirmation slips, I mean for foreigners who need to show entry, exit before dates. 

Hope the technology is up to scratch and can tell when to issue a ticket or not or different lines/gates for Thai and Others??

Edited by overherebc

5 hours ago, lordblackader said:

*@&#& Thailand's page stamping. So many wasted pages where they lazily stamp crooked and waste a page with small stamps.

7 hours ago, mogandave said:

Singaporeans do not need a visa to visit Thailand.

Thais do not need a visa to visit Singapore.

It's a little different than the poor Iranians and same-such that are trying to make this place their home.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

nor do Cambodians,  Lations , Malaysians or Burmese, so will they make auto gates for  them as well?

Edited by phuketrichard

6 hours ago, ujayujay said:

C'mon....how many Singapore tourists are there daily. This small amount not will reduce the queues on immigration counters.

Apparently, from a BP report, about 1 million per year, tourist and business.

In the first stage, the auto-gate will be opened at Suvarnabhumi airport for Singapore as the first country.  In return, Singapore will also open an auto- gate for Thai nationals.

If that is the logic being applied then Aussies should be able to the system. My missus uses the auto gates with her Thai passport  in Oz.

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

I know the lord works in mysterious ways, but the immigration department

actions is even more baffling and confusing with their arbitrary decisions

to favor this or that group of people and nationals of reasons only known

best to themselves, and that goes with the latest 4 years and 5+5 years visas... 

Yeah.  The rationale for this is less than obvious.  By the numbers it doesn't seem like it will make a big difference in any queues.  And I really don't believe that Singapore will open a similar gate for Thais going to Singapore, unless there is some special in advance visa obtained.   Something must be driving this. 

Yeah.  The rationale for this is less than obvious.  By the numbers it doesn't seem like it will make a big difference in any queues.  And I really don't believe that Singapore will open a similar gate for Thais going to Singapore, unless there is some special in advance visa obtained.   Something must be driving this. 

Thais don't need a visa for Singapore. Once they arrive in Singapore and their fingerprint is in the system they are already able to depart through automated gates.