What movie and sport streaming services are legal in Thailand?

stargazer9999

My understanding is that Netflix is legal and there might be others that I don't dare name for fear of breaking TV rules.  Can anyone please tell me any other movie services that are LEGAL in Thailand?  Also, please let me know if if there are any LEGAL sports streaming

services available.

I'm pretty certain they're all legal in Thailand. What you are probably referring to is whether the services will let you watch their stuff in Thailand. In almost all cases including Netflix,  no, unless you use a proxy service such as VPN to get an IP in the USA so they think you are in the USA. For what ever reason these services don't get  copy right agreements with the producers to allow them to offer them outside the USA. But with a good VPN service you can watch all of them here. And an awful lot of people do.

3 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Any service u pay an annual subscription to is legal I believe.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think all this talk about legal is beside the point. They are available with VPN and no one is going to bother you about accessing them. And I don't think it has anything to do with Thailand. If you are outside the USA, and in the case of Netflix, outside all the other countries where Netflix offers the service, you won't be able to access them without VPN.

I think all this talk about legal is beside the point. They are available with VPN and no one is going to bother you about accessing them. And I don't think it has anything to do with Thailand. If you are outside the USA, and in the case of Netflix, outside all the other countries where Netflix offers the service, you won't be able to access them without VPN.
Whether you can or cannot view them isn't the point of this thread.

If you need to use a VPN to view them it's because the broadcasters only have the rights to broadcast them in certain territories.

I can't believe how difficult a concept this is for some people to grasp.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

15 hours ago, Beats56 said:

I have Netflix and pay yearly to.watch NHL.on line and no blackouts and excellent video.

Don't bother with illegal programming anymore. More hassle than its worth.

I am currently out of Thailand. Do you know if Netflix shows American basketball?

If I have a subscription in the States can I watch in Thailand? No experience with streaming so could be a lame question.

35 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I am currently out of Thailand. Do you know if Netflix shows American basketball?

If I have a subscription in the States can I watch in Thailand? No experience with streaming so could be a lame question.

No streaming sports on Netflix, that I know of... My best guess is that as a subscriber of Netflix, watching in Thailand, you will get whatever is permitted here in Thailand, which may only be 10-15% of what you can access in USA... it used to be accessible w/a vpn but they stopped that. 

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

No streaming sports on Netflix, that I know of... My best guess is that as a subscriber of Netflix, watching in Thailand, you will get whatever is permitted here in Thailand, which may only be 10-15% of what you can access in USA... it used to be accessible w/a vpn but they stopped that. 

Who would you call and what would you ask them?

Perhaps the terms "official" or "licensed" might be more appropriate to the scope of this topic.

There seem to be a plethora of ways to get content unofficially but are they actually illegal?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

No netflix doesn’t have sports. You would have to go to NBA site and sign up for the service if they have it.

You likely can watch a US netflix here as you have a account. It is vpn they don't like such another country getting the US netflix not sure what time the NBA is on in in the states but NHL games are on at 7 to 8 am here due to the time difference. West coast games are like 10 am. But too Damm early to have a beer with the game.?

Perhaps the terms "official" or "licensed" might be more appropriate to the scope of this topic.

There seem to be a plethora of ways to get content unofficially but are they actually illegal?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

If you steal a product and sell it in a territory that it isn't normally sold, what do you think?

Don't get me wrong, I like dodgy TV as much as the next person.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Just out of curiosity, did anyone get a good non-buffering stream (from either paid subscription TV or dodgy TV) for the F1 last night?

None of my Kodi video addons could provide a buffer-free feed from Sky Sports F1 so I ended up watching it on Mobdro in SD.

The picture quality was very ordinary, but at least you could follow the action and the commentary without any buffering.

BTW, I was getting a 10 Mbps download speed from the UK.

Edited by Encid