Myanmar men appeal against death sentences over British murders in Thailand

webfact

11 hours ago, iReason said:

If you are not aware, the poster that you speak of, is very rarely seen on any other thread.

Primarily just the Koa Tao threads.

Where he pops in with relentless deflections.

And has, since day one of the incident.

Thanks for that I had a bad feeling when reading his posts and he keeps making cock ups and utter stupid deflects which made me make that comment "If still serving and I was on the case he would be the first one I would drag in for a interview"  A proper old fashioned interview I mean.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

This would make a great documentary but anyone who tried to make it would be slammed with defamation suits by the cops/state.  Meanwhile, the killer is still free to kill again.

slammed with defamation suits by the cops/state

Where would this take place please?

Outside the borders not a chance and that is where all the damage would occur as Tourism is what all this is about.

CCA is not recognized by most other countries, so in the UK they would have to take out a Civil Case, but then the UK has freedom of Speech and actively anchorages its citizens to name and shame villains. Can you imagine the head man as you call him and son arriving in the UK to give evidence? Apart from a few locals who who give him hell and more, he then could be arrested for murder.

CCa is an evil act and only recognized by one country. Don't worry about id if you are not inside those borders

Thanks guys. Actually the head guy is quite satisfied with the shill money he's been paying me. The B2 are still in the clink and the kid is still at large free to do when ever he wants to do next. And, as I got one of the esteemed ThaiVIsa members to suggest living on Koh Tao is akin to living in North Korea, his reign of terror seems to be working to keep any would-be do-gooders mouth shut.

He really doesn't care about what a bunch of gossip-mongering 5th party anecdotes and scenarios get posted on ThaiVisa. His only concern was in the Thai newspapers and he took care of that one here.
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2015/08/14/1439558550/

BTW he also likes it that it's been kept under wraps just who it is took this picture:

2B8BBAD900000578-0-image-a-11_1440144788373.jpg

Edited by JLCrab

Just now, Khun Han said:

Bannork doesn't care about Koh Tao, and has never even been there. That's why he makes posts like the one I quoted :coffee1:.

It sure looks like a nice place Khun Han but frankly I'd prefer to go to Sisaket.

I avoid tourists in Thailand, luckily, 80 km out of Udon there aren't many.

I simply posted those pics from July, ( Richard Barrow on a freebee courtesy of TAT) to demonstrate that, unlike some TV posters, an awful lot of tourists seem to be unconcerned about the Koh Tao 'mafia' in spite of the worldwide coverage of the murders.

6 hours ago, khundon said:

Sadly, I suspect these poor lads will be executed, for the simple fact that dead prisoners don't keep appealing and causing more loss of face for the police.

Perhaps they should have done it 2 appeals ago. 

You do realise all their appeals have been exhausted. 

If they are executed, it's because they had absolutely horendous legal advice. 

How different their sorry lives would have been, had they never crossed paths with A hall and his fantasies. 

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

The court indicated it would announce it's verdict today.

Did anybody see any announcement today?

Please share. 

The have said they might wait up to 2 weeks for the answer. 

Though probably it will be accepted, otherwise there will be an appeal of that verdict. 

Worth noting, they cannot appeal the theft of the victims phone, because they already pleaded guilty to that.

I can see this topic is going to go round in circles again, sames as the other threads on this subject. Those who are disgusted with the way the case has been handled and those who want to string anyone up so KT is left alone...

6 hours ago, bannork said:

It sure looks like a nice place Khun Han but frankly I'd prefer to go to Sisaket.

I avoid tourists in Thailand, luckily, 80 km out of Udon there aren't many.

I simply posted those pics from July, ( Richard Barrow on a freebee courtesy of TAT) to demonstrate that, unlike some TV posters, an awful lot of tourists seem to be unconcerned about the Koh Tao 'mafia' in spite of the worldwide coverage of the murders.

Yes, you put a lot of effort into sticking up for the reputation of a place you don't care about, don't you?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I can see this topic is going to go round in circles again, sames as the other threads on this subject. Those who are disgusted with the way the case has been handled and those who want to string anyone up so KT is left alone...

you mean a whats commonly know as a difference of opinion?

these threads always go in circles...because there is nothing new to add, this thread originally was about the appeal but its barely been mentioned anywhere everyone is guilty of the same thing , but it always seems to be the same few that cry foul or try to blame others.

i have not a clue as to what actually happened that night on Tao, which is exactly the same as 100% of TV posters, but i don't claim too unlike 80% of TV posters!
 i take issue with the utter BS i have read from many of a place where i expect the majority of that same 80% have never even visited or know nothing about apart from whats they've read on csi or samui times, which in turn possibly have their own vested interests!

6 hours ago, greenchair said:

How different their sorry lives would have been, had they never crossed paths with A hall and his fantasies. 

So now it's all "A hall"'s fault? You never cease to amaze me with your baiting comments!

"You do realise all their appeals have been exhausted."

"Otherwise there will be an appeal of that verdict" (From one of your earlier posts)

Please explain yourself!

Edited by sambum

7 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Thanks guys. Actually the head guy is quite satisfied with the shill money he's been paying me. The B2 are still in the clink and the kid is still at large free to do when ever he wants to do next. And, as I got one of the esteemed ThaiVIsa members to suggest living on Koh Tao is akin to living in North Korea, his reign of terror seems to be working to keep any would-be do-gooders mouth shut.

He really doesn't care about what a bunch of gossip-mongering 5th party anecdotes and scenarios get posted on ThaiVisa. His only concern was in the Thai newspapers and he took care of that one here.
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2015/08/14/1439558550/

BTW he also likes it that it's been kept under wraps just who it is took this picture:

2B8BBAD900000578-0-image-a-11_1440144788373.jpg

Oh, you'll be the last to find out :wink:.

4 minutes ago, sambum said:
6 hours ago, greenchair said:

So now it's all "A hall"'s fault? You never cease to amaze me with your baiting comments!

The team's targeting on a quite personal level of the b2's defence and high profile supporters is particularly nauseating and repugnant. It's clearly the main team strategy. And it flags up the quality of people in the team.

11 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

The team's targeting on a quite personal level of the b2's defence and high profile supporters is particularly nauseating and repugnant. It's clearly the main team strategy. And it flags up the quality of people in the team.

Seems to be a "team" of only 3, (possibly 4, having been replenished by the return to the fold of an absentee member!) but to give them their due, quite effective in stirring things up on these pages, even if it is by dubious means!

Edited by sambum

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Would love to know who..........Any ideas...?

Ask yourself, what would have happened if the mwrn  had not jumped in at the beginning with their tale of human rights violations? 

Well, those 2 would have pleaded guilty, recieved a life sentence and the whole thing would be over. They would  be out in ten and Hannah would be forgotten. 

No donations, no publicity, no advertising, no books, no movies. 

Now think about who would recieve money from donations, publicity, books, movies advertising. The guilt or innocence is currently irrelevant as it will not change the following. ..

The appeal to the supreme court will be accepted or declined. If it's accepted this case will continue in the supreme court for 2 or 3 years. 

Then there will be another couple of years to see if they can recieve a pardon. If they do not recieve a pardon they will be executed in 60 days, if they receive a commute of sentence, their life sentence will begin and they will be out in 10.

At that time , there will be books and movies and advertising galore about this case. 

Now think about those who are the people nearest to this case and stand to benefit from all the above. You will have your answer. 

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

Ask yourself, what would have happened if the mwrn  had not jumped in at the beginning with their tale of human rights violations? 

Well, those 2 would have pleaded guilty, recieved a life sentence and the whole thing would be over. They would  be out in ten and Hannah would be forgotten. 

Now think about who would recieve money from donations, publicity, books, movies advertising. The guilt or innocence is currently irrelevant as it will not change the following. ..

The appeal to the supreme court will be accepted or declined. If it's accepted this case will continue in the supreme court for 2 or 3 years. 

Then there will be another couple of years to see if they can recieve a pardon. If they do not recieve a pardon they will be executed in 60 days, if they receive a commute of sentence, their life sentence will begin and they will be out in 10.

At that time , there will be books and movies and advertising galore about this case. 

Now think about those who are the people nearest to this case and stand to benefit from all the above. You will have your answer. 

So YOU still think that innocent folk should plead guilty just because it ain't happening to YOU.....facepalm.gif.d7397415ff04e8aff14e26d571a0d32c.gif

4 minutes ago, transam said:

So YOU still think that innocent folk should plead guilty just because it ain't happening to YOU.....facepalm.gif.d7397415ff04e8aff14e26d571a0d32c.gif

No I think guilty people should not do the crime if they can't do the time and should not try to beat the system whilst clearly caught with their finger in the pie. 

Thousands have tried, most have failed. 

As they did. 

17 minutes ago, greenchair said:

No doubt you will recall the rumours of withdrawal of confession started to surface in the newspapers at the same time the prosecution was pushing for the death penalty

https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-deny-koh-tao-murder-confessions-retracted-49095.php

Edited by rockingrobin

12 minutes ago, greenchair said:

No I think guilty people should not do the crime if they can't do the time and should not try to beat the system whilst clearly caught with their finger in the pie. 

Thousands have tried, most have failed. 

As they did. 

With this ongoing case you always show up on the threads, you never seem to show up anywhere else that l have seen....Seems very strange to me...Perhaps I should start looking at a few folks profile stuff eh...:stoner:

2 minutes ago, transam said:

With this ongoing case you always show up on the threads, you never seem to show up anywhere else that l have seen....Seems very strange to me...Perhaps I should start looking at a few folks profile stuff eh...:stoner:

Indeed - one of the team!

1 minute ago, rockingrobin said:

No doubt you will recall the rumours of withdrawal of confession started to surface in the newspapers at the same time the prosecution was pushing for the death penalty

The withdrawal of confession started after a number of events. 

1.the boys confessed and told the police about Hannah's telephone that they had and confirmed video footage was them.

2. mwrn got in touch with them to see if they had been treated fairly.

3. Then the chaos on social media that the real murderer had left the country. 

4.b2 climbed on the social media wave ,withdrew the confession and told media the real murderer was far away  (as speculated by social media ).

5. When asked about all of their connection to the case phone, video, lies, why they were there, the answer has consistently been, I too drunk I not remember. 

I really think the courts gave them every opportunity to present a defense. But they couldn't do it. 

All the arrows kept leading back to them. I'm not quite sure I understand what you were meaning? 

8 minutes ago, greenchair said:

So as pointed out, there's not much left to say, they fought the law and the law won. 

I guess we will all pop back in a couple of weeks when the supreme court accepts or declines. We all have a long wait to know the final outcome. 

??????

The outcome was decided when Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamem was replaced three years ago.

20 minutes ago, greenchair said:

The withdrawal of confession started after a number of events. 

1.the boys confessed and told the police about Hannah's telephone that they had and confirmed video footage was them.

2. mwrn got in touch with them to see if they had been treated fairly.

3. Then the chaos on social media that the real murderer had left the country. 

4.b2 climbed on the social media wave ,withdrew the confession and told media the real murderer was far away  (as speculated by social media ).

5. When asked about all of their connection to the case phone, video, lies, why they were there, the answer has consistently been, I too drunk I not remember. 

I really think the courts gave them every opportunity to present a defense. But they couldn't do it. 

All the arrows kept leading back to them. I'm not quite sure I understand what you were meaning? 

Court testimony

They confessed , without legal representatin, because they were told they would only spend a coule of years in Jail

In the link provided, the RTP confirm that they revised the recomended penalty and advised the B2

The account yuo potray does not fit with the facts as known

Edited by rockingrobin

11 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Court testimony

They confessed , without legal representatin, because they were told they would only spend a coule of years in Jail

In the link provided, the RTP confirm that they revised the recomended penalty and advised the B2

The account yuo potray does not fit with the facts as known

Every arrested person is given the warning before court and at court. 

If you did this, and are helpful to the investigation your sentence will be greatly reduced. This is also standard practice in western courts. Especially in rape and murder cases, if the criminals don't force the victims to go through a sham trial, hoping they can beat the system. 

At the court the judge issued a last warning, he said, do you understand this is a death penalty case? If you lose you will recieve the death penalty. The gamble is 50/50. But by god any lawyer should know they would at least need something to defend the case to take that chance. The judge said decision was based on testimony of the 2, evidence presented the confession did not influence his decision. 

I didn't see a link.

Which part did not match? 

All of that is on record. 

The social media buzz /,the meeting with human rights group happened  before they recanted. In that order. 

3 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Every arrested person is given the warning before court and at court. 

If you did this, and are helpful to the investigation your sentence will be greatly reduced. This is also standard practice in western courts. Especially in rape and murder cases, if the criminals don't force the victims to go through a sham trial, hoping they can beat the system. 

At the court the judge issued a last warning, he said, do you understand this is a death penalty case? If you lose you will recieve the death penalty. The gamble is 50/50. But by god any lawyer should know they would at least need something to defend the case to take that chance. The judge said decision was based on testimony of the 2, evidence presented the confession did not influence his decision. 

I didn't see a link.

Which part did not match? 

All of that is on record. 

The social media buzz /,the meeting with human rights group happened  before they recanted. In that order. 

And YOU still do not understand that if one is innocent they must stand by their innocence, but folk like you think one must tell lies .......Dear oh Dear.....facepalm.gif.6ed014aac29f6b0a2edfd4d1079f8848.gif