Phuket tourist falls out of speeding tuk-tuk

webfact

Phuket tourist falls out of speeding tuk-tuk

Eakkapop Thongtub

1503291070_1-org.jpg

The man fell from the speednig tuk-tuk at about 2:30am yesterday (Aug 20). Image: CCTV

PHUKET: -- Tourist Police are trying to locate a tourist who fell off a tuk-tuk still moving at speed in Kathu in the early hours of yesterday (Aug 20) in the hopes of gaining more information about the incident and extent of his injuries and to bring charges against the tuk-tuk driver.

“We must find him for further enquiries before searching for the driver of the tuk-tuk for legal proceedings,” Phuket Tourist Police Deputy inspector Capt Ekkachai Siri told The Phuket News today (Aug 21).

Passers-by notified first responders at Kathu Municipality (the “Khao Yai” rescue team) at about 2.30am that a foreigner had been injured after falling out of a moving tuk-tuk at the “Ket Ho intersection” on Wichit Songkram Rd.

Full story:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tourist-falls-out-of-speeding-tuk-tuk-63539.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-21

1 minute ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

Asking the driver where he was taking him, or where he picked him up from, would be a good start.

Yes. Just tell the police, who he is.

Read again the article.

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

If only they had a record somewhere of the hotel where a tourist is staying...

In theory his place of residence should have been registered with Immigration.  I doubt the BiB can be bothered investigating given the victim has made no complaint/charge.

How do you fall out of a Tuk Tuk ????

Perhaps the injured passenger fell asleep in which case I'm not sure the Tuk Tuk driver could be at fault. 

Would he have noticed someone falling out ?.... perhaps when he go to the destination we have one astonished Tuk Tuk driver who can't work out how his passenger disappeared !

Quite the Blunder from any policeman or even the hospital not to obtain any information or I.D. from the injured party.

How did the injured party pay for his treatment ? Credit Card? or Cash without providing his name ? (or provided a false name). 

It's good to see that 'abandoning the scene of an accident' is becoming more objectionable in the eyes of those enforcing Thai Laws. 

3 hours ago, Aachen said:

Maybe this is written in the article? 

It does help if you read the article before commenting.

"Capt Ekkachai said that officers have yet to be notified of the extent of the man’s injuries or find and contact any relatives. However, he ordered Tourist Police officers to investigate."
It is not a duty of the doctors to notify the police of the extent of injuries and the treatment given. If the police want this information, they can call at the hospital and ask.

31 minutes ago, jobwolf said:

I really wonder how many people on this forum actually read properly before they comment??

I did read the article - I was only wondering why the police didn't want look for the driver without first finding the tourist - considering this :-

“The actions of the tuk-tuk are an offence under the Land Transport Act. Abandoning a passenger after an incident, and reckless driving causing injury to others,” he said.

Is that clear enough for you now?