Mother of murdered German in Samui gives up hope of ever getting justice

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite extensive evidence including CCTV footage, .....
The knife was later secured and kept as evidence......
After their confessions the men were allowed to walk free.....

Another research at public prosecutor’s office Koh Samui showed,.... that no police file had ever been presented by spring time 2015.

I hope the money remains stuck in the corrupt officials throats, they should suffocate at it.

4 hours ago, timewilltell said:

I have a couple of police reports currently going nowhere too which I am still following up 18 months later and included all the necessary evidence for the police so I understand the problem of this poor woman.

What really gets my goat is that the Embassies really want to do NOTHING to follow these cases up and it seems this is all in the hope of trade promotion with a country that is beset by rampant fraud and corruption which is throughly legislated against and prosecuted in these Western countries.  Apart from the fact they are leading small investors into a vipers nest, they are really actively encouraging the racist and corrupt practices that are becoming more and more frequent and unchecked.  It really is a disgrace on both sides.

Unfortunately, the widespread notion that embassies exist first and foremost to protect, assist, and defend their nationals in foreign countries is utterly deceptive.

Ambassadors and embassies actually exist for five main reasons :

- harbouring and assisting operational members of secret services,

- conducting industrial spying of every possible kind,

- providing assistance in securing big, high level commercial deals (assisting small companies is totally out of their agenda),

- organizing cocktail parties where 'influential' people from the host country and the embassy's country can feel important, necessary, good about themselves, and then provide comments for the press in the universal lingo known as diplomatic bullsh*t.

- providing lucrative posts for individuals who, for various political reasons, need to be moved away from their home country but in a smooth manner.

Edited by Yann55

1 hour ago, carmine said:

If you think stuff like this flowing through social media doesn't have a detrimental effect you must live in cloud cookoo land.  Wouldn't have had any effect ten years ago but in these times very much so.

Utter nonsense.

People have been saying the same for years. 

Tourist numbers will be up again next year as people flock to Thailand. 

That that angers you will not make a jot of difference. 

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

3. Duesseldorfer Express, BILD, FARANG, Wochenblitz et al have not made an effort to follow up or push the story. Obviously, it is not an interest to these outlets, nor to their readers.

Disagree in that point as the above medias did the follow-up and reported any progress / or better no progress various times.

The fact that the German Embassy and foreign ministery did not support the mother on her mission is disgusting. Therefore today I wrote an E-mail to a popular TV series in Germany which supports people in desperate situations by following-up their endeavors to get justice.

Let's see (once the TV Format accepts this case) whether this will put some pressure on the embassy and hopefully will lead to a chance for the grieving mother to get some kind of peace.

It is very simple:

you are not in your country then anything happens don't expect much. The system even does not work right for own people. It is all depends on where the root of the crime is. 

This brutal murder has not just happened by a usual criminal. 

Keep yourself off of islands.

6 hours ago, Metapod said:

I saw a guy get hit over the head with a bottle there completely unprovoked in 2008. A lot of trouble kicking about Samui.

I have been living on Koh Samui for over 10 years, and visiting for nearly 20. I frequently go out drinking at the bars, or restaurants, and in all that time I have never seen a fight! I am not denying that trouble happens, and maybe I am just fortunate (fingers X!), but I feel safer going out drinking here than in my old home town in the UK, where I could see a fight EVERY Saturday night in the town centre!

Edited by sambum

12 hours ago, DLang said:

Utter nonsense.

Not nonsense at all. The amount of deaths of British citizens in Thailand has been in the main UK press. This adverse publicity will put UK citizens from travelling to Thailand especially given the distance and expense. There are plenty of better options currently.

Tourist numbers may be up in the future but it will be the non spending Russians and Chinese.

29 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Weird some local punks kill a foreigner and nothing happens. 

By the standards of civilised countries, absolutely yes.

In relation to the tribal family power structures of Koh Samui, which are entwined with all pseudo-government power structures on the island, not weird really, to be expected.

6 hours ago, TheLobster said:

Not nonsense at all. The amount of deaths of British citizens in Thailand has been in the main UK press. This adverse publicity will put UK citizens from travelling to Thailand especially given the distance and expense.

Nonsense.

There have been cases like this in the press and media for decades, you don't remember the young British women raped and murdered on beaches here?

Stories like this will have zero negative effect on tourist numbers from any country.

Just because you wish it to be, just make it anyway true.

Sorry.

13 minutes ago, DLang said:

Nonsense.

There have been cases like this in the press and media for decades, you don't remember the young British women raped and murdered on beaches here?

Stories like this will have zero negative effect on tourist numbers from any country.

Sorry.

Earth calling DLang........the poor girls name was Kathrine Horton i believe and that murder occurred well before social media.  I'm not sure whether you are born from a generation that is not IT literate but you are so why off the mark and behind the times its like you are living in some kind of time warp, and the more you post "nonsense" to people trying to explain to you otherwise the more delusional you sound

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Weird some local punks kill a foreigner and nothing happens. 

In what is considered a civilized country its nothing short of astonishing.

Its when topics such as this come round that the Thai Visa apologists tend to take a few days off and pretend its not true!!

Edited by carmine

7 hours ago, TheLobster said:

Not nonsense at all. The amount of deaths of British citizens in Thailand has been in the main UK press. This adverse publicity will put UK citizens from travelling to Thailand especially given the distance and expense. There are plenty of better options currently.

Tourist numbers may be up in the future but it will be the non spending Russians and Chinese.

Which is exactly what has begun to happen.  Throw the exchange rated into the equation and it bodes badly, but then again, so much of the bad press has been very avoidable so they only have themselves to blame

On 8/22/2017 at 6:48 AM, StefanBBK said:

Sorry that the mother has given up. Must be a horrible feeling.
I would have expected more from German officials, be that embassy or foreign ministry.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Please understand that these bloodsuckers who have cooshy Embassy positions have got their jobs by assuming other positions and really don't give a rats ass about the taxpayer who is paying for this bastards salary to be in an air con office when he is not on lunch break getting a BJ down the street. And YES, this comes from personal dealing with the Canadian Embassy in BKK. The pricks won't even get off their asses to talk to a citizen who is paying their ill gotten wages which will soon turn into a Pension to die for, not like the miserable Pensions regular folks have to live on.

4 hours ago, DLang said:

Nonsense.

Sorry.

I do know that while the TAT give us a rosy picture every month with their facts and figures about the numbers of visiting tourists (that amazingly NEVER go down!), the fact is that I have never seen the streets and bars so deserted, and every bar owner and restaurant owner that I know says the same thing. Of course it may be that all the tourists are travelling to the likes of Esan or the Northern provinces to discover the real Thailand! :cheesy:

Edited by sambum

The fact that Germany doesn't even seem to care about it just shows how utterly useless these embassies really are.  They are never there when they are needed by their citizens. 

Look at these three little shits, the one on the left wouldn't survive for more than a minute in a fight. 

Edited by bkkgooner

On 8/22/2017 at 7:21 AM, DLang said:

Utter nonsense.

Not from Europe or the USA numbers are way down but others who cannot read English will come for a short time then what do you do? TAT will still say numbers are up when the place is empty once a liar always a liar I think the phrase is.

No matter how much the bitter and angry farangs want Thailand to fall flat on its face, it just isn't going to happen.

Sorry. 

Most probably pay a Thai a salary just to live with them. #bitterpilltoswallow

Edited by DLang

47 minutes ago, DLang said:

No matter how much the bitter and angry farangs want Thailand to fall flat on its face, it just isn't going to happen.

Sorry. 

To be fair, you sir, sound like the one with issues.

To fall flat on its face is an interesting phrase to use seeing as it has nothing to do with the current topic being discussed which concerns the significant drop in tourism.  Again you are behind the times because to numbers have already dropped and theres no sign of a change

55 minutes ago, DLang said:

Sorry. 

Thailand's already flat on it's face, it's just you're not allowed to think so.........