Visa Dilemma!

Hi Guys,

OK, here is the quandry...........

Have been here for a few years now on non imm B's but can't use the old company as before and my job is freelance!! I also have my tax documents to show tax paid on about 500K this year.

I have a wife and child here, I also have a 2m baht registered company but the company is for the house.

SO

Option 1: Can I use a letter from my company for a non imm B?

Option 2: Can I get a non imm O on the basis of wife and tax paid?

Option 3: Do I get a letter from the last company that I worked for (if they will do it)?

Would appreciate some constructive advice.

Thanks all

Andy

1. More than a letter is required these days I believe.

2. Yes. Your marriage certificate (and copy of wife ID card) will obtain a non immigrant O visa - perhaps even multi entry if from KL or Singapore but that is not definite - more likely in home country small Consulates.

3. Don't believe that would help.

If you can demonstrate 40k monthly (family) income or higher for the previous three months you should be able to extend a non immigrant visa on the basis of your marriage. So that seems your best option. You would do that at immigration with your wife.

If age 50 you could use the new option to live with child. Only success stories so far from Sunbelt Asia for Bangkok applicants. No financial requirement.

I believe there is also options for freelance type workers in a company type setting but would suggest professional advise to check on those options.