Cheapest True Packages

gennisis

True Super Soccer 199 baht but you need to have a True Sim Card.  Top up your SIM card every month plus a bit extra for the tax and you're sorted.

I had to buy a basic box for 1600 baht though - the previous owners of our house left behind a dish to connect it to.

https://www.facebook.com/truedigitalhd/

Very, very difficult (impossible?) to find info in English though.

1. Get the box installed and set-up for the basic Thai channels.

2. Call [removed - going to need to double check]  from a True mobile phone with sufficient balance.

3. Wait for a confirmation SMS which will be in Thai

4. Change your channel to 676 (assuming ku-band or small red dish) and send a 2nd sms with your smartcard number as shown in the SMS - you should be able to figure it out.

5. Wait a minute or so and your channels should activate.

I think the code should be *482*199*

Edited by JaiMaai
info may be wrong

My method is the same price and is full HD (1080 not 4k) and allows viewing on a TV.

But, since it's satellite there is always the issue of rain and sunspot interference.  You also have to fork out for a box that has no other use but over 3 seasons it adds another 50 baht onto the price / month.

You also get reruns and catch-up with this method through the True Visions Anywhere App.

I don't have a True phone account and had to pay 299 for the footy plus 299 for a basic Family package. Was told I couldn't have the footy as a stand-alone, which might have been a rip-off. Still, 600 a month is cheaper than CTH was and a lot cheaper than what I expected - that it would only be on their Premium packages. I'm still stunned that they almost give it away.

28 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

why would you go for a true option???? Everybody is leaving that service. Theres a weekly / monthly thread on this forum about how bad true is. Go for some of the options discussed above and get netflix. Dont do true

I find True perfectly fine for the footy at a very fair price. High quality, reliable. I have no interest in using it for anything else though.

I find True perfectly fine for the footy at a very fair price. High quality, reliable. I have no interest in using it for anything else though.
Exactly this.

There is no way I would ever pay the prices they want for the Gold or Platinum packages but 199 baht / month does, in my opinion, represent good value for the football only option.

All you need is a True Move sim card that you top up to pay for the Super Soccer package.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

You could also try the Android TrueVisions Anywhere app. with a TrueMove H SIM, with the Super Soccer subscription, and then cast that to a TV (natively or with a device like Chromecast). I think you can run this on an Android box, but am not 100% certain - you may need an older version of the apk.

I have TrueVisions Platinum HD (I only pay 800 baht/month as part of a 4-box "share") and use Anywhere which can cast to my SmartTV or a Chromecast.

BeIn channels seem to be part of most live tv apks? At least there in every one of ~ 20 I've used/tried.

I just bought true for first time for the footy- 199 baht per month + i think 190 for the basic package which you need to add the footy on to. They had a promotion so box and sim where free.

Bein sports channels are great -perfect picture, no buffering- (happy to leave the dodgy online streaming services behind!)