what should I buy from amazon.com to sell in bangkok?

pete66

I am doing work where I earn income as amazon.com gift points ... so how to turn those points into thai baht cash? :)

My current idea is to buy stuff from amazon.com then sell it locally in Bangkok. But what is good value to buy from Amazon.com and sell in Thailand?

Any ideas for what types of products to buy on Amazon and sell locally? What things are expensive here and cheap in US?

(Please bear in mind I have to pay shipping and import duties, so really heavy stuff is out)

Can you exchange to Amazon gift cards?

Do that if you can, then sell the cards on eBay. The cards sell for nearly face value.

Then all you have to do is send the code to the purchaser (specify this in the auction and send the code via ebay messages).

Seriously, knock all that buying and selling physical products on the head.

Nope, there is no way to exchange points for gift cards, unfortunately. From Amazon.com:

"Your gift card balance can't be transferred to other accounts or used to buy gift cards."

is this $100s or $1000s ? one time or every month ?

since most of the stuff is from China anyway , do not buy too much of any one item ,

if it sells well or Thais think its a great idea they will buy direct in China or Copy it.

I think the shipping and customs will kill off any profit ,

Maybe look for a USA company that uses Amazon  for office supplies etc and trade them for gift cards you need or Paypal $$$$

and it all depends how much discount you will give to make it worth the hassle.....

8 hours ago, pete66 said:

how does purse.io help me? I have amazon gift points I need to convert to cash, not bitcoins, hehe

You convert to bitcoin then sell the bitcoin online. This helps you because you don't have to buy and sell physical products, with all the risk, time and effort that entails.

I once ended up with a few thousand dollars worth of amazon gift cards. Got the cash out by listing a few washing machines (lowest amazon fees) under a fresh account at extortionate prices and then buying them myself :D - then just withdrew cash to the bank.

Probably breaks their terms, but meh.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 12:27 AM, rwdrwdrwd said:

I once ended up with a few thousand dollars worth of amazon gift cards. Got the cash out by listing a few washing machines (lowest amazon fees) under a fresh account at extortionate prices and then buying them myself :D - then just withdrew cash to the bank.

Probably breaks their terms, but meh.

Was new account under a different name? Any special precautions taken?

And was either account thailand based?

Archived