TRUE VISION CONTRACTS

gillap

True Vision contracts...how binding are they? What is their recourse if you just give back their equipment and stop paying? Can immigration be implicated...a debt notice put on immigration files, is that a possibility! True Vision are such a con company that it begs for such action! 

I am not proud to say I once broke a contract with True Visions.  Long story, but I fell out with the (American) landlord and moved out of the unit as he tried to put up the price mid-contract and I said no way.  As I recall I had paid a deposit to True of 4,000 baht which I lost but then I had an outstanding account for about 1,500 or 1,600 baht so my loss was 2,400 baht.  That was several years ago and I have been in and out of Thailand many times since and never had a problem.

Not worth the paper there written on. I told them I wasn't paying for a service they couldn't provide. Apart from the guy at the shop insisting I owed them a couple of thousand Bart (I just walked away) and haven't heard from them since. I didn't owe them money as payments were in advance of the service they couldn't provide.

They can if they wish try to get some money out of you for breaking the contract. Depends how long your into the said contract. I cancelled mine (in wifes name) 9 months into a 12 mth contract. Deposit of 3000 for boxes and dish lost obviously but no extra for the 3 months. They did come to collect tbe boxes which i gladly gave them and take down dish which i refused them to do. No hassle from guys about dish. Use it now with set top box to get thai channels for mrs and rugrat.. some 6 months later a letter arrived demanding 5k for sat dish ! Lol went into bin heard nothing for 2 years now.

Thanks for your comments and actions friends...I really think I will chucked in to them...because they are a fraudulent company! I really don't recommend this company to anyone...stay away Joe!

2 minutes ago, gillap said:

Thanks for your comments and actions friends...I really think I will chucked in to them...because they are a fraudulent company! I really don't recommend this company to anyone...stay away Joe!

Defamation laws my friend just get rid of them and forget them.  Plenty of good altenatives out there.

I've heard many horror stories about people who are good Boy Scouts and cancel their Truevisions service properly and then wait the rest of their lives to receive the refund when they return their equipment.  I learned, by accident the best way to handle this when I got angry with them for canceling HBO and yanked the boxes off two of our TVs, leaving only one with Truevisions. 

Fortunately, I had the foresight to call their CS number, where their English language people seem to have a few brain cells tied together, rather than just marching into the Truevisions office in the mall across the street and heaving the set boxes at the idiots there.  The CS lady said to hold onto the boxes and a rep would come to our condo to pick them up.  Sure enough, next day a guy showed up to claim the boxes and give me some paperwork.  At the time we owed Truevisions some money, so they applied the credit to the balance due.  Viola!  Just like that we got our credit.

With a Smart TV, you really don't need Truevisions.  You can surf the internet and keep yourself amused just fine.  At least, I don't hear any complaints from Hubby because one of the Truevisions boxes I yanked was from his new SmartTV in his mancave.  I told him to watch his U.S. news shows online.  He admits I did him a favor.