Thailand's former PM Yingluck fled to Dubai - senior party members

rooster59

2 hours ago, zydeco said:

You're right, it's none of my business, which is why I rarely post on the Thailand News forum and just about never post in these topics where people take sides. You guys run your country and settle it all among yourselves. I'm just a visitor.

He's no more Thai than you are - poorly educated lower middle class Brit at a guess.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, HOAX said:

Its like watching a funny tv show, hundreds of mice running in each direction after breaking out of a cage while the old and slow Thai officials runs around unable to catch a single one.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You are mistaking mice for rats.

Do you seriously think those Thai officials tried very hard ?  :smile:

No...... correct...... why would they....

Edited by Jip99

Not too sure about poorly educated etc, but definitely not Thai. 

It's virtually impossible to disguise origins when writing in English, and I have a sharp eye for imposters.I stick to my presumption on social class though I was probably harsh on education - but definitely not well educated.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, jayboy said:

It's virtually impossible to disguise origins when writing in English, and I have a sharp eye for imposters.I stick to my presumption on social class though I was probably harsh on education - but definitely not well educated.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Obviously you missed the post where he ( i think he's a he ) says that he's half Thai.

Have to admit that I'm really impressed with all the photographs of the brother/sister reunion and all the podcast streaming from Dubai. All the stuff you would expect to reassure their supporters and explain the actions taken.

Or was I just imagining that? Maybe it is all just speculation after all, usual smoke & mirror scenario. We have heard about the private jet, the helicopter jump from Koh Chang and even the land crossing to Cambodia. All from alleged reliable sources.

IMO, lets see where this goes.....................:excl: 

8 minutes ago, Artisi said:

If that is the case, then he certainly wasn't educated in Thailand. 

Maybe, maybe not.  There are a few world class international schools here for the well heeled, and overseas for uni would be expected if one's dad was British.  Regardless, I'd like to think a Thai person could participate in the discussion without prejudice either way.

Edited by jing jing

4 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

It was much worse under thaksin. If he did not like what you did or said. He would just have you killed.

right, and I suppose you have relevant proof of that statement right ? 

What about those lesse majeste guys that died whilst in custody of the Junta, bodies already cremated ? 

Stop deluding yourself, the situation under the Junta is much much worse, there is ample evidence.

17 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Have to admit that I'm really impressed with all the photographs of the brother/sister reunion and all the podcast streaming from Dubai. All the stuff you would expect to reassure their supporters and explain the actions taken.

Or was I just imagining that? Maybe it is all just speculation after all, usual smoke & mirror scenario. We have heard about the private jet, the helicopter jump from Koh Chang and even the land crossing to Cambodia. All from alleged reliable sources.

IMO, lets see where this goes.....................:excl: 

Right, it's only speculation so far..

6 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

By the committee appointed to investigate the scheme, that was the figure they gave.  The percentage of the annual budget having relevance as the loss was covered by the tax payer, and I really just included it to give a sense of scale as billions is quite meaningless unless you know how many billions a country managing off.

Whose committee would that have been? Yingluk's or Chalerm's?

On 8/26/2017 at 9:46 AM, rooster59 said:

Thailand's former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has fled to Dubai, senior members of her party said

o let's see, i am absolutely positive i would believe senior members of a thailand political party

5 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

right, and I suppose you have relevant proof of that statement right ? 

What about those lesse majeste guys that died whilst in custody of the Junta, bodies already cremated ? 

Stop deluding yourself, the situation under the Junta is much much worse, there is ample evidence.

Would you like to qualify what you mean by worse? Unless of course you expect us all to jump at your conspiracy theory calling the present government murderers when you have no evidence - if you do perhaps you could present it? Also wed all be interested to know when the “Junta” started taking people prisoner? Or do you mean the legal system of Thailand??

Edited by bizboi

3 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

drug war more the 3000 mostly innocent, killed on orders from thaksin. hundreds of Muslims protesters suffocated. after being stacked in backs of trucks. Lawers disappeared, business partners banned from country. reporters deported. to name a few. also bombs that killed children sent by thaksin. Bangkok almost burned to the ground. and the list goes on.

You seem to have some events somewhat correct although some stretched beyond any resemblance of fact. 

1 hour ago, bizboi said:

Would you like to qualify what you mean by worse? Unless of course you expect us all to jump at your conspiracy theory calling the present government murderers when you have no evidence - if you do perhaps you could present it? Also wed all be interested to know when the “Junta” started taking people prisoner? Or do you mean the legal system of Thailand??

It is possible to have evidence or at least information about potential evidence - that evidence or information may be unsound and debatable - but it is impossible to present that evidence as things in Thailand are currently constituted and have the truth or falsehood of claims judged

Yet another upstanding and very rich Thai citizen has fled the country. Way to go and show

your true character YL. Guess you and your brother will have to spend some of your money

and not gouge the Thais anymore for their money.  Hope you can become an upstanding citizen

of some country who will let you stay as long as you stay fairly rich.

Geezer

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yet another upstanding and very rich Thai citizen has fled the country. Way to go and show

your true character YL. Guess you and your brother will have to spend some of your money

and not gouge the Thais anymore for their money.  Hope you can become an upstanding citizen

of some country who will let you stay as long as you stay fairly rich.

Geezer

I agree Stargrazer They stole money off Thais and she let her supporters down by running.Oh they will find a country to take them and stay rich because they stole millions off the Thai people Pair of ratbags

Interesting to see that those who live here and are not Thai  and have no vote or say in what happens decry we Thais.

Jayboy you and your ilk would be wise to  stop  running your mouth's off concerning that which you may think is  my status and educational level, you are far from the truth.

It may well be an idea to remind your self and your  liberal left friends that your ideals and aims worthy as they are in your eyes could be better used in your improving your home country system .

Then when there is a successful Utopian conclusion there yes do come and civilise we Thais.