Looking to buy a new lawnmower

JustAnotherFarang

SIMOH 1490. I am glad to read you fixed a design flaw in the Euroe lawn mower you own. Arce the importer of Euroe lawn mowers to Thailand has an interesting collection of Chinese made products with an Italian or UK name plate.  I'm not so sure I'd jump to buy a Greenworks lawn mower currently imported in Thailand by SPICA the Greenworks battery lawn mower importer. The series offered in Thailand is no where near the 60volt currently offered in the USA.  Thailand importers do not often buy cutting edge or even current new models. Like the choice of 80 gallon Electric Hot Water heaters imported in Thailand from the USA.  Not current models.   I am patiently waiting for Chervon to bring EGO battery mowers to Thailand. In the meantime I own a couple of other lawn mowers. I realize that many people are confused about Honda lawn mowers in Thailand. There is only one genuine Honda lawn mower offered for sale in Thailand. The Honda HRJ216K2 puts the copy Honda lawn mowers to shame in design, fit and finish.  Homepro, Global House or ThaiWatsadu  will seldom offer the lowest price on a lawn mower in Thailand and I have never seen a lawn mower repair department at a Homepro, Thai Watsadu or Global House in Thailand. 

The Husqvarna petrol push mowers I've seen sold in Thailand are NOT made in the USA unless P.R.C. is the 51st State. There are no four wheel self propelled Husqvarna lawn mowers sold in Thailand. The only Husqvarna push models sold in Thailand are the compact 19" cutting deck,  LC19 and the LC19AP.  They offer a 6 months warranty in Thailand.  There are higher rated petrol mowers self propelled lawn mowers sold in Thailand with double and four times the warranty length.  I have seen the interesting floating Husqvarna GX560 that is "air cushion" at a lawn mower shop in Buriram. 

I pay for a subscription to Consumer Reports.Org and to Which.co.UK to see which lawn mowers are really highly rated by non partial testing agencies. https://www.which.co.uk/    or  https://www.consumerreports.org

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 10 years of lawnmowing experience in Thailand:

First mower a Sakari with a Honda GXV160, self-propelled.  Paid about 18,500.  Good mower for about 6 months, then started having trouble with the poorly made transmission and the drive belt.  I managed to keep the transmission going for another year then gave up and ripped it out....making the lawnmower a push mower.  The engine was and still is great.  8 years of single pull starts.  

Everything on the Sakari except the engine is cheap.  Throttle plastic broke, wheel bearings wore out too soon, wheels needing replacing, body needing welding fixes.....but this being Thailand where fixes come cheap, the mower still does its job (except for self-propelled).  

About 9 months ago I sprung for a real McCoy Honda HRJ216.  One store in Udon was asking 35,000, but the people at http://www.burirambuildersmerchants.com/ sold it for 26,000 +1000 for shipping to Udon.  The people there speak English....I did the entire transaction online and over the phone.  No problems.  

In my opinion, the HRJ is a commercial quality lawnmower........Honda made....all parts of the body including springs, levers, wheels, etc way better than what was on the Sakari.  The engine is pretty much the same as the Sakari.....but it's a Honda.

The transmission is direct drive.  Three speeds.  

My yard is about 3 rai......all landscaped, so lots of grass cutting.  I changed out the HRJ blade from a split blade (about 1000 baht) to a single blade that cost about 250.  The single blade cuts as well as the split and lasts for a long time (over 4 months of rainy season grass cutting and still going strong).

8874240540702.jpg

Archived