mataphut conversion to non 'O'

If relying on the monthly income method of proving finances you might nevertheless still like to call them in order to ascertain whether or not they will require the consular signature of your Embassy confirmation letter/affidavit to be verified by the MFA in Bangkok, just as Jomtien do in the case of non-O conversions.

Since Maptaput are also my local immigration office, I would be most interested to hear how you get on with your non-O conversion there - both generally and (if applicable in your case) in the context of the specific point above.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, OJAS said:

If relying on the monthly income method of proving finances you might nevertheless still like to call them in order to ascertain whether or not they will require the consular signature of your Embassy confirmation letter/affidavit to be verified by the MFA in Bangkok, just as Jomtien do in the case of non-O conversions.

Since Maptaput are also my local immigration office, I would be most interested to hear how you get on with your non-O conversion there - both generally and (if applicable in your case) in the context of the specific point above.

i have always found Mataphut for tm30, proof of address and 60 day extensions to be friendly and efficient, a friend did a first time 'retirement' extension there last year and was in and out in 30 minutes including a re-entry permit, using the UK embassy letter no need for a MFA stamp, i will do a 60 day extension first followed by a conversion, using money in bank later, but will post on my experiences.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i have always found Mataphut for tm30, proof of address and 60 day extensions to be friendly and efficient, a friend did a first time 'retirement' extension there last year and was in and out in 30 minutes including a re-entry permit, using the UK embassy letter no need for a MFA stamp, i will do a 60 day extension first followed by a conversion, using money in bank later, but will post on my experiences.

Agree with you about Maptaput's friendliness and efficiency. However, they might still require MFA verification of an Embassy letter supporting a non-O conversion if not for a retirement extension (for which I can definitely confirm no need myself based on recent personal experience a few weeks ago). There have been reports on here of Jomtien, for example, requiring MFA endorsement of Embassy letters for non-O conversions but not for annual extensions.

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Agree with you about Maptaput's friendliness and efficiency. However, they might still require MFA verification of an Embassy letter supporting a non-O conversion if not for a retirement extension (for which I can definitely confirm no need myself based on recent personal experience a few weeks ago). There have been reports on here of Jomtien, for example, requiring MFA endorsement of Embassy letters for non-O conversions but not for annual extensions.

i will be extending using 400,000 cash in bank for a married to Thai national, that will be after a 60 day extension end of September, and then a conversion end of November, followed by a year extension in February.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, steve187 said:

i will be extending using 400,000 cash in bank for a married to Thai national, that will be after a 60 day extension end of September, and then a conversion end of November, followed by a year extension in February.

Good luck with the non-O conversion application, and look forward to hearing of the outcome in due course.

• Like 1