webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, realenglish1 said:

I I had to guess and I dont but it I did I would say she is in the UK No doubt the UK government will grand her Political Asylum 

That would explain why she hasn't been active on FB, etc., boasting of her flight. She wants to stay low-key, and doesn't want to jeopardise her pending/future asylum case. 

" Prayut said Thailand did not contact the United Kingdom – where Yingluck is speculated to have sought political asylum – as he doubted she would qualify for that status."

She was overthrown by a military coup. If anyone qualifies for political asylum it's Yingluck.

9 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

I have it on good authority  (a former-DPM who I shall refer to only as "C")  that she's currently in Limbo, where she's taking dance-lessons, or possibly in-Absentia ? :whistling:

no matter where she is planning to travel my advice is to avoid Flagranti as many people have been caught in Flagranti.

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

why did they not cancel her passport a year ago. i agree with you its a staged show

I don't think that would have made much difference,  big bro was rumoured to hold six different passports at one point in time, so obviously has the connections to get a family member a paid for citizenship from one of these countries.

1 hour ago, ldiablo72 said:

" Prayut said Thailand did not contact the United Kingdom – where Yingluck is speculated to have sought political asylum – as he doubted she would qualify for that status."

She was overthrown by a military coup. If anyone qualifies for political asylum it's Yingluck.

But Prayut doesn't think he's done anything wrong staging a coup is just the normal thing to do if you don't like the government only the army and its backers the elite have the right to rule Thailand.

In any case hes done everything according to the law because he has passed a law that made the coup legal and gave immunity to him and his minions.  

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut said Thailand did not contact the United Kingdom ... as he doubted she would qualify for that status. 

Meaning he has no idea. But give them their due - the effort they're putting in to rectifying their 'blunder' is severalfold that that they have put into locating and arresting the Red Bull brat. Had they put even half the energy into prosecuting him, he would now be getting close to the end of any sentence imposed on him. 

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

cant believe how these people get away with it, if both of them were a ordinary criminals they get them in no time with the help of Interpol. or come to that being such high profile people did they not get recognized at any of the boarders when leaving the country? and we all knew she would be on her toes, it runs in the family.

To be considered a criminal you have to be convicted of a crime.....she wasn't convicted of anything or sentenced to prison. The whole thing is the military power play against anybody who doesn't toe their line. How can you have any trust in the dealings of people who got into power through a coup. Where are the elections they promised?

cant believe how these people get away with it, if both of them were a ordinary criminals they get them in no time with the help of Interpol. or come to that being such high profile people did they not get recognized at any of the boarders when leaving the country? and we all knew she would be on her toes, it runs in the family.

Wait one moment, I do believe that Yingluck has not yet been convicted.........

6 hours ago, JAG said:

The

You're right about it being a show.

If they cancel her passport(s), that just means that she will have to apply for asylum. Her status as the last elected Prime Minister of a country now run by a junta, installed by a coup staged during an election likely to return her to office, will mean that she will be granted political asylum. With that will come documents allowing travel.

Cancellation of passports will be no more than a speed bump on her roadmap in exile; but it will draw further attention to the nature of the regime, probably unwelcome attention.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/999401-The-futility-of-another-passport-pursuit

Absolutely spot on.

If they want to prosecute the officers involved, start looking at Government House in Bangkok. No doubt the decision was made there, at the highest levels.

There is almost no doubt she was "let go". Thai airspace is highly restricted. It is some of the most restricted airspace in the world. There is less than a 1% chance she could have left without being given permission. There is less than a 1% chance she left by land. This is just not the way she rolls. She left by air, in a private jet. How many private jets are there in Thailand? And how hard is it to keep track of them? Not hard at all.

Also, when he claims they were not watching her, that is patently false. Of course they were. She was up on charges, for the biggest trial of the decade. The chances of them not watching her were less than zero. She was let go. It was probably decided at the highest levels, that this was the best outcome for all. And now the little man is playing the same inane game of deflection that Trump plays daily. Just say it, and a percent of the people will buy it. Well, I do not. And neither do most. 

This is one of the most disingenuous people we have seen, in a very long time. He would say absolutely anything, if he thinks it would serve his purposes. Of course they "let Yingluck flee". It was the simplest outcome for them. It was their way of avoiding complications, and there is a very good chance that someone got a very nice bonus out of the deal.

She is gone now, and there is nothing they can do. She can purchased a passport in Spain, for 500,000 euros. Simply an investment in land or a house will get her an EU passport. Nobody is going to extradite her, as they all see this as a witch hunt, and politically motivated trial. Not that I agree. But, that does not matter. Thailand has so little credibility at the moment, worldwide, due to a leader who is inept, incompetent, illegal, and unofficial. 

•  
Edited by spidermike007

Hello Mr Cambodia.... do you have a Yingluck there? No, what is a Yingluck?  Hello Mr Lao do you have a Yingluck there? No, what is a Yingluck?  Hello Mr Myanmar do you have a Yingluck there? No, what is a Yingluck?  Hello Mr Vietnam do you have a Yingluck there? No, what is a Yingluck?  Hello Mr Singapore do you have a Yingluck there? No, what is a Yingluck?   By now getting very frustrated.... Hello Mr U.A.E. do you have a Yingluck there? No, but we have a Thai guy who keeps telling us he has 'No Luck' and he has the safe surname.... is that any help?  

34 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Wait one moment, I do believe that Yingluck has not yet been convicted.........

They issued an arrest warrant for her failure to appear and I think not leaving the country probably was a condition of her bail and she failed to show at court so there's that legal issue. They have some criminal ground to stand on. But, this is Thailand so laws mean ZERO. Especially for the players in this equation.

15 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

I wonder how much she paid for the protected ride out of Thailand? Would a couple million baht be enough?

I would imagine the base cost for her was 30 million baht (the bail money) so a little bit on top of that would be peanuts anyways.

Edited by lkv

7 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK: -- THAI AUTHORITIES have contacted Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates in the hunt for former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra as they believe she travelled through one of the countries to escape.

What an absolute gem! The 'Authorities', for want of a better word, believe she travelled through one of the countries to escape, yet have contacted 6 countries - all 5 of Thailand's land neighbours, in fact, plus the UAE - all of which have given a "sorry, can't help you, chum" reply.

Quick thinking, you'll agree, to ask our neighbours and perhaps unlucky to draw a blank at UAE, but what on earth makes them believe that the United Kingdom, already a suspected target, won't grant Yingluck political asylum? Yingluck will, almost certainly, be on their PM's 'victimised heroine' list and, more than likely, her 'approved for political asylum' list as well.

For Prayut to say that 'Thailand did not contact the United Kingdom – where Yingluck is speculated to have sought political asylum – as he doubted she would qualify for that status' is as good as admitting that what he really believes is exactly the opposite, i.e. she probably is in hiding in the UK, but he cannot risk finding her and, then, be faced with the terrible question, 'How the heck do I get her back to Bangkok and a possible 10-year court ruling.'

Mmm, quite a poser for P1 and I can't wait for what the next few days bring on this interesting issue. An asylum of a quite different sort may soon be needed, down by the Chao Phraya, methinks.

I can confidently say that no western country will assist a coup leader that ilegally charged a former PM with a ridiculous trumped up charge. He should look at the state of the country since his been here lol. Billions gone and no money on the streets. She is no criminal and was elected. You have a section so you can't be pursued lol. KARMA

Edited by Media1