Visa extension on requirements for retirement Sakon Nakhon

l have a non O visa based on marriage  and next month will apply for an extension based on retirement at Sakon Nakhon immigration

l know about the 800 thou in the thai bank for 2 months for first time and being over 50.

Could someone give me a list of other requirements wanted by Sakon Nakhon immigration as l know they all differ.

Cheers

Ellathai

ellathai I think you mean that you have an extension of your permission to stay based on

marriage to a Thai national? It is not a Visa or a Visa extension because a Visa cannot be

extended.

I assume you now wish to change your marriage extension to a retirement extension, again

not a Visa.

The basic requirements are, must be 50 years old or more.

Must have 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank for at least 2 months for initial application and 3 months

for subsequent annual renewals, or proof of income of 65,000 baht p/m.

Completed TM 7 form with photos, and 1900 baht.

You will probably require proof of residence, as in most offices.

The following is the basic requirements and the requirements particular to

Phuket office, you will have to ask at your office for any particular requirements

they may have. 

What paper you ned whit Retierment extension in Phuket.jpeg

4 hours ago, phuketjock said:

ellathai I think you mean that you have an extension of your permission to stay based on

marriage to a Thai national? It is not a Visa or a Visa extension because a Visa cannot be

extended.

I assume you now wish to change your marriage extension to a retirement extension, again

not a Visa.

The basic requirements are, must be 50 years old or more.

Must have 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank for at least 2 months for initial application and 3 months

for subsequent annual renewals, or proof of income of 65,000 baht p/m.

Completed TM 7 form with photos, and 1900 baht.

You will probably require proof of residence, as in most offices.

The following is the basic requirements and the requirements particular to

Phuket office, you will have to ask at your office for any particular requirements

they may have. 

What paper you ned whit Retierment extension in Phuket.jpeg

Pretty sure he said he has a NON o based on marriage and next month he will apply for an extension based on Retirement. So how do you work out hes on an extension of stay based on marriage then? This is very clear from the OP you seem to be muddying the waters

4 hours ago, ellathai said:

Could someone give me a list of other requirements wanted by Sakon Nakhon immigration as l know they all differ.

Someone at the Sakon Nakhon office should be able to give you a list of their requirements. Far better than relying on second hand info.

24 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Pretty sure he said he has a NON o based on marriage and next month he will apply for an extension based on Retirement. So how do you work out hes on an extension of stay based on marriage then? This is very clear from the OP you seem to be muddying the waters

From the Royal Thai embassy London Website.

Non-Immigrant Visa.

(for purpose of business, study, conference, seminar, film production, journalism, job,

volunteer, for person accompanying Thai spouse, for persons over 50 years of age and

pension earners over 60-65 years of age)

So a Non -O visa is a multi purpose non specific visa and stating a " NON o based on marriage " 

implies a marriage extension of which I was not entirely certain hence the ? at the end

of my sentence.

I posted the requirements requested to obtain an extension of stay based on retirement in an effort

to assist the OP not to Muddy the waters in any way.

But please stir the pot at your leisure. 

BTW the OP has, up to now, not said he does not have a marriage extension.

Edited by phuketjock

4 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Non-Immigrant Visa.

(for purpose of business, study, conference, seminar, film production, journalism, job,

volunteer, for person accompanying Thai spouse, for persons over 50 years of age and

So a Non -O visa is a multi purpose non specific visa and stating a " NON o based on marriage " 

implies a marriage extension of which I was not entirely certain hence the double ?? at the end

of my sentence.

I posted the requirements requested to obtain an extension of stay based on retirement in an effort

I have a non o based on marriage not an extension of stay i have to state i want a non o based on being married to a thai national when i apply. Not an extension of stay.

Edited by jeab1980
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You seem to be making the assumption that the OP has, like many people do, wrongly described an extension of stay based on marriage. I don't see anything to assume, in this case, that the OP has anything other than clearly stated. They seem to have entered the country with a non-immigrant 'O' visa that was issued on the basis of being married, and now wishes to apply for an extension of stay based on retirement. 

And you seem to be making the assumption that the op doesn't have an extension, and as I have said so far the op has not said they do not have an extension and I also pointed out that I put a ? at the end of my sentence hoping to indicate that I was not 100% sure of the op's situation, I understand your need to outdo UJ ( actually I don't but it appears to be your thing? ) but please don't give me a hard time for trying to help someone.  It appears to irk you somewhat when everyone asks Joe for advice on all things immigration for some reason which I really do not wish to get into???? But I will say I would take his advice above all others.

• Sad 1

Hi OP, your best bet to get the required documentation completley correct for your immigration office is to do a quick visit. They will give you there requirements as you will be aware all offices have there own take on documents required. I'm sure you know you can apply for extension in the last 30 days of your NON o visa permision to stay.

Retirement extensions are a lot easier and straight forward than an Extension based on marriage.

1 hour ago, luanghans said:

Go to the Sakon Nakhon Immigration office.

On the wall you will see a list of the current requirements.  

Many of the previous requirements have been done away with recently.

Thanks for that.

I'm nearly 3 hours drive each way from there,if anyone is going there could they take a pic for me please

Cheers

Bruce

2 minutes ago, ellathai said:

Thanks for that.

I'm nearly 3 hours drive each way from there,if anyone is going there could they take a pic for me please

Cheers

Bruce

Is that your local office then if your 3hrs drive away? Or are you relocating there before Extension

Edited by jeab1980

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Is that your local office then if your 3hrs drive away? Or are you relocating there before Extension

If he is living in Kalasin it could be that long of a trip to the Sakon Nakhon immigration office since that is the office responsible for Kalasin.

13 hours ago, phuketjock said:

Non-Immigrant Visa.

implies a marriage extension of which I was not entirely certain hence the ? at the end

of my sentence.

BTW the OP has, up to now, not said he does not have a marriage extension.

l do NOT have a  marriage extension. l have a multiple entry Non - Immigrant visa Based on marriage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, elviajero said:

You seem to be making the assumption that the OP has, like many people do, wrongly described an extension of stay based on marriage. I don't see anything to assume, in this case, that the OP has anything other than clearly stated. They seem to have entered the country with a non-immigrant 'O' visa that was issued on the basis of being married, and now wishes to apply for an extension of stay based on retirement. 

Exactly 

• Like 1

Alright, maybe somebody can Clarify for me please.

The wife rang the Sakon Nakhon immigration office  for me today and this is what they told her.

1/  2 passport pics

2/ 800 thou in the bank (has already been there for 5 months)

3/ Blue Book Copies x 2

4/ ID Copies x2

5/ Bank Book Copy. Front page and last page .Same day

6/ Letter from bank. Same day

7/ Bank Statement. Same day

Someone who has done a retirement extension at this office does this seem right?

Also if l go prior to the one month say 3 odd days is this ok? (She forgot to ask)

• Sad 1