Non Imm O ME London Embassy - Changes?

A retired friend who has obtained the Non Imm O ME Visa for the last 6 years through the Hull Consulate (approved by London) arrived in Thailand yesterday on a SETV.

He states Hull instructed him that as of 10 days ago, financial proof of £18,600, held in a bank for 6 months is now required.

He didn't take any financial proof as it's never been requested before.

I know Hull have given some false information in the past.

Has anyone applied within the last 10 days for the Non Imm O ME based on marriage or retirement and can confirm or refute this change.

I suspect they told him that since Hull and the other consulates can no longer issue multiple entry non immigrant visas.

Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-Immigrant SINGLE ENTRY Visas which the Hull Consulate can issue subject to London Embassy approval: (Non-Immigrant Visas with MULTIPLE ENTRIES can only be issued by Royal Thai Embassy London)

Source: http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/non-immigrant-visas.php

Possibly, but why not tell him that and offer the single entry as opposed to a SETV. 

Why state financials are now required

Incidentally another expat who obtained his Non Imm O ME based on marriage direct from the London Embassy 2 months ago also confirmed the Embassy told him next time he will need financial proof, although they never stated the requirements.

Is this another ambiguous rumour spreading around the UK, or could it hold any truth.

Edited by Tanoshi

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Possibly, but why not tell him that and offer the single entry as opposed to a SETV. 

Perhaps they thought he did not want wait for the embassy approval for a single entry non-o visa.

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Incidentally another expat who obtained his Non Imm O ME based on marriage direct from the London Embassy 2 months ago also confirmed the Embassy told him next time he will need financial proof, although they never stated the requirements.

What somebody says at the embassy is not always factual. Perhaps only an opinion.

That sort of thing is how rumors get started.

I received my Non O based on marriage,  from the London embassy in May.  I forgot to include the bank statement  print outs that I had prepared.  I expected the application  to be rejected,  but the visa duly  arrived 5 days later.  Read into that what you will 

I received my non immigrant multiple entry visa by post, in July, from the Thai consulate in London.  No financial records were required.

Used to use Hull and Liverpool, by post, but this has been stopped for a couple of years. But never in over thirty years have I ever been asked for financial information. Just the marriage certificate to my Thai wife. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can always email the Thai Embassy in London for up to date accurate information. I emailed them in January and asked if any evidence of finances was required for a NON Imm O multi entry visa (based on marriage to a Thai) and the Embassy replied "No".

If you really want to know if anything has changed recently then you can always email the Embassy.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 9:17 PM, White Tiger said:

You can always email the Thai Embassy in London for up to date accurate information. I emailed them in January and asked if any evidence of finances was required for a NON Imm O multi entry visa (based on marriage to a Thai) and the Embassy replied "No".

If you really want to know if anything has changed recently then you can always email the Embassy.

Good advice. The website says that postal applications are only open to UK permanent residents so I emailed them and they said it would be ok.

BTW when I applied a few weeks ago, there is nothing in the box about visa category and I never thought to write it on. They issued a 'B' against marriage certificate and wife's ID.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got a non o based on marriage a couple of weeks ago in London, no financial requirements.

Strangely, if you want your passport posted to you, you have to post it in - if you go in person to apply they cannot post it, you have to pick it up.  I was at the counter about to hand in my application and asked if I could pay the extra money and have it posted to me (don't live in London, was just passing through) but was told no, so I had to go away and  post it!

Posted it on a Saturday and received it on the following Thursday.

Edited by teatree