Xiaomi Mi A1 Andriod One

mitebbots

2 hours ago, MikeWill said:

Yes, the phone is updated to v.8.0.0 ( Oreo ). I also get monthly security patches.

There have been reports in the press about issues related to the Oreo update, and that it has been suspended. Are you saying you upgraded your Mi A1, and that there are no issues?

Xiaomi suspends Mi A1 Oreo update after performance issues

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_suspend_mi_a1_oreo_update_performance_issues-news-29134.php

Xiaomi stops Android 8.0 Oreo update for Mi A1 after several reports of issues; patched update to rollout within a few weeks

http://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/xiaomi-stops-android-oreo-update-for-mi-a1-after-reports-of-several-issues-to-resume-rolling-the-update-withing-few-weeks-4300775.html

15 hours ago, MikeWill said:

I have no issues with the Oreo update which was installed at the end of December.

I just noticed that the charging is much faster. 

Yes, they enabled fast charing in the latest update. Your guess is as good as mine why the didn't enable it straight off the bat.

Nothing worse than phone companies purposely disabling features only to then enable then in an update to make it look good to customers.

https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-mi-a1-fast-charging-android-oreo-beta-update-825666/

On 1/15/2018 at 11:50 AM, MikeWill said:

1. The battery on my Mi A1 is holding exceptionally well. One charge is enough for two days or more.

2. Yes, the phone is updated to v.8.0.0 ( Oreo ). I also get monthly security patches.

So far no problems at all. I'm satisfied.

Thanks for the follow-up.

• 5 months later...

hello, are you still happy with the Mi A1 android one ?

It seems to be the only cheap mobile with stock android ?

4790 thb on lazada, I guess that no real shop can beat them ?

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, GSFGSF said:

Is it true that Xiaomi phones do not have a standard Android plug for charger ? It is bigger and Samsung chargers cannot be used.

My Redmi Note 5 has a standard USB-2 port as do the Note 4 and A1 series.  The flagship Mi Mix 2S has USB-3 (reversible) charging port as well as Qi wireless charging and "Quick Charging"

Basically, all but their most premium phones still have USB-2.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

My Redmi Note 5 has a standard USB-2 port as do the Note 4 and A1 series.  The flagship Mi Mix 2S has USB-3 (reversible) charging port as well as Qi wireless charging and "Quick Charging"

Basically, all but their most premium phones still have USB-2.

Sorry but I do not understand the USB 2 thing.

I only know 1 size of usb plug which is the one that all phones used until now, the ones that I have on samsung phones.

But I have seen my friend Xiaomi phone plug and it is bigger than a standard Android plug (on the mobile side, not the usb), this plug is too big and I cannot charge my samsung with it. Also, my friend also cannot charge his Mi A1 with his old Samsung cables, so it seems that something changed ? But I cannot find any info anywhere online.

Ok it seems that Samsung before S8 where using MICRO USB and Xiaomi Mi A1 use USB type-c, is it correct ?

So old Android cables need this kind of adapter ? Does Xiaomi gives it when buying the Mi A1 ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/usb-31-type-c-male-connector-to-micro-usb-20-5pin-female-data-adapter-converter-usb-type-c-adapter-023-i129618183-s137386746.html

Thanks.

3 hours ago, GSFGSF said:

Is it true that Xiaomi phones do not have a standard Android plug for charger ? It is bigger and Samsung chargers cannot be used.

No, at least for the Xiaomi Mi A1, which this thread seems to be about.

The Mi A1 has a USB-C (rotationally symmetric), and I use a variety of chargers. Xiaomi provides a USB-C -- to -- Standard USB charging/data cable, and a charger.

Newer Samsung's also utilize a USB-C cable. In fact, it seems like a lot of newer phones use USB-C, for the obvious reason. And you can buy a USB-C cable for a couple hundred baht.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

No, at least for the Xiaomi Mi A1, which this thread seems to be about.

The Mi A1 has a USB-C (rotationally symmetric), and I use a variety of chargers. Xiaomi provides a USB-C -- to -- Standard USB charging/data cable, and a charger.

Newer Samsung's also utilize a USB-C cable. In fact, it seems like a lot of newer phones use USB-C, for the obvious reason. And you can buy a USB-C cable for a couple hundred baht.

Sorry but I think we do not understand each other.

I have seen it, I have tried it, the android plug sold with Xiaomi A1 is bigger than the plug used by ALL samsung mobiles until now.

My samsung plug is TOO SMALL to go in the Xiaomi plug and the Xiaomi plus is TOO BIG to go in my samsung plug.

I might misunderstand what is usb-C but I do not misunderstand that the android plug of the MI A1 is not anymore what samsung has used since the beginning.

As you can clearly read online and as I have already said, Samsung uses USB-C since the S8:

https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/2017/04/does-galaxy-s8-have-micro-usb/

There is no standard android plug but only the standard Industry USB type connections Micro USB-B and USB Type C on mobile phones.

All the phone manufacturers now use the standard industry dimension Micro USB-B or the newer USB type C.

I have a Mi A1 USB Type C-1 which fits my wifes Samsung USB Type C and vice versa. I also have purchased other USB type C cables in the stores and they all fit the Samsung or Mi A1 USB-C sockets.

Samsung S8 has a USB type C socket

Mi A1 has a USB Type C socket

All chargers with a USB Type C cable male end would fit the female socket on both phones above.

On 1/15/2018 at 2:07 PM, mtls2005 said:

There have been reports in the press about issues related to the Oreo update, and that it has been suspended. Are you saying you upgraded your Mi A1, and that there are no issues?

Xiaomi suspends Mi A1 Oreo update after performance issues

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_suspend_mi_a1_oreo_update_performance_issues-news-29134.php

Xiaomi stops Android 8.0 Oreo update for Mi A1 after several reports of issues; patched update to rollout within a few weeks

http://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/xiaomi-stops-android-oreo-update-for-mi-a1-after-reports-of-several-issues-to-resume-rolling-the-update-withing-few-weeks-4300775.html

No issues at all for me also.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:24 AM, userabcd said:

There is no standard android plug but only the standard Industry USB type connections Micro USB-B and USB Type C on mobile phones.

All the phone manufacturers now use the standard industry dimension Micro USB-B or the newer USB type C.

I have a Mi A1 USB Type C-1 which fits my wifes Samsung USB Type C and vice versa. I also have purchased other USB type C cables in the stores and they all fit the Samsung or Mi A1 USB-C sockets.

Samsung S8 has a USB type C socket

Mi A1 has a USB Type C socket

All chargers with a USB Type C cable male end would fit the female socket on both phones above.

Sorry but something wrong here.

Until usb-c 99% of android mobiles were using micro usb socket, so of course it was the standard android plug.

Usb-c is new for most android mobiles phones and even samsung just started using it after having used micro usb since the beginning.

So it is correct to say that micro usb was the standard android chargers socket.

4 minutes ago, MikeWill said:

My Mi A1 updated just today to  Android version 8.1.0

Security patch level: July 1, 2018

Yes, I too got the update yesterday. It had quite a bit more than just the July security patch. Yesterday's Xiaomi patch was ~ 467 MB, while the July security update on other Android One devices was ~ 80 MB (last week). It seems like they fixed quite a few problems previously introduced in their earlier 8.1 update attempts.

If you want to re-enable VoLTE, enter: *#*#86583#*#* via the dialer.

https://beebom.com/xiaomi-resumes-android-oreo-8-1-mia1/

16 minutes ago, MikeWill said:

My update total was ~1.15GB.

BTW, what is VoLTE  ?

From the linked article...

This update is 1.15GB in size and only applies to those users who hadn’t installed the buggy update and were still on Oreo 8.0. For those who had fallen prey to the earlier update, Xiaomi is rolling out a separate update using a much smaller package weighing at 467MB. 

I have the Global variant, and was in the U.S.A. for a few weeks, where I received the original 8.1 "update".

VoLTE is Voice over LTE, a method which makes it possible for voice calls to be made over 4G, rather than falling back to 3G. All three providers here support it. If you have it, you'll see an "HD" on the topmost status bar. You can enter *#*#4636#*#* on the dialer to check the status, Phone information, scroll down to VoLTE Provisioned.

Archived