Being An Extra In A Thai Movie

Dont know if Im putting this in the right place, but I was thinking it might be kinda cool to be a farang extra in a Thai movie. Problem is, I dont know how to go about it. Any ideas on how to find work like this or are there any agencies to contact. Thanks in advance for any insight.

-Joe

Dont know if Im putting this in the right place, but I was thinking it might be kinda cool to be a farang extra in a Thai movie. Problem is, I dont know how to go about it. Any ideas on how to find work like this or are there any agencies to contact. Thanks in advance for any insight.

-Joe

Hey Joe. Call 1113 and ask for numbers to agencies like this. Personally I work like this, it's practically what I live on here in Thailand. I work with 10 or so agencies, but there are A LOT!

• 2 weeks later...

-Joe

Anybody know what the work permit scenario is on this work?

Does the agency cover you?

• 2 weeks later...

iv got an email address for the company that books extras for movies over here , i was going to try out for the new bruce willis movie up near chang mia but that writers strike in the US put it all on hold pm me if you want it they are looking for 19-25year olds to be soldiers and older guys to be officers and nco's

For extra part, working permit is not require.

Actually I think you mean work permit is not given. Work permits are always required.

practically you can get away without a work permit.

I hate models and actors doing this, because they undercut the proper workers who are having to pay tax.

So... in Hong Kong a few years ago, the local models contacted the police and all models at fashion week were rounded up, deported and fined.

That has happened once that i know of here in Thailand....and the models were picked up (mostly Americans/Europeans/Australians) taken to their residences, given 30 minutes to get their stuff and deported. Most ended up waaaaaaaaaaay out of pocket due to the usual billings in arrears situation that modelling invariably involves.

Since extras earn virtually nothing (i.e. less than 2,000b a day) I don't think the odds of someone calling you out are there just yet.

So.....work without a permit at your own risk.

Since extras earn virtually nothing (i.e. less than 2,000b a day) I don't think the odds of someone calling you out are there just yet.

I think it's around B1,500 for a 12hr day. Rates haven't gone up for a long time, apparently in the past it was more. I've heard the agents take a 50% cut, don't know if it's.

I think it's around B1,500 for a 12hr day. Rates haven't gone up for a long time, apparently in the past it was more. I've heard the agents take a 50% cut, don't know if it's.

very common that agents will get a major pay not just a person per person rate, and then cut the guts out of it and give the scraps to the extras.

Extras are illegal (foreign) so have no real rights, plus they are the lowest in the food chain of any production. That's pretty obvious, you watch the leads, the directors, the clients and what they eat/get served/where they sit...extras are many many steps below that.

1,500b for 12 hours, well I suppose it is a living but not much of one.