Overland To Thailand From Cambodia

Hey

I am returning overland to Thailand at the end of the month from Cambodia.

I'm eager to avoid going back via Poipet border, as coming through it was fairly 'unpleasant' (not to mention the road to Siem reap!) and I'll be closer to Koh Kong anyway.

Excuse my ignorance here but...

1.)Can I cross into Thailand and onwards to Bangkok going via Hat Lek/Koh Kong border?

2.)Do they issue 30 day visa exempt at border (have Irish passport) or is it only for arrival by air?

*Will I have to get Thai visa from embassy in Pnom Penh?

3.)If they dont issue free 30 day visa, can I pay for one at the Koh Kong/Hat Lek border?

Many thanks!

Hey

I am returning overland to Thailand at the end of the month from Cambodia.

I'm eager to avoid going back via Poipet border, as coming through it was fairly 'unpleasant' (not to mention the road to Siem reap!) and I'll be closer to Koh Kong anyway.

Excuse my ignorance here but...

1.)Can I cross into Thailand and onwards to Bangkok going via Hat Lek/Koh Kong border?

2.)Do they issue 30 day visa exempt at border (have Irish passport) or is it only for arrival by air?

*Will I have to get Thai visa from embassy in Pnom Penh?

3.)If they dont issue free 30 day visa, can I pay for one at the Koh Kong/Hat Lek border?

Many thanks!

1 yes

2 yes

3 you might have to provide an onward journy tiket out of thailand, the next border up allows you to buy a tiket for abou 200/300 bhat

cant forsee you having any problems, ob carry some money, it always helps! :o

chris

Thanks for quick reply Chris!

Just to reiterate...so i CAN get the 30 day visa exempt stamp at the Hat Lek border, is there a charge for this?

I have a flight out of Bangkok booked but its not until May 12th. Will be heading to Laos and Vietnam before I go home. Hope they believe me!

So I just show up with my passport and they should stamp me in, no need to get prior visa?

Thanks for quick reply Chris!

Just to reiterate...so i CAN get the 30 day visa exempt stamp at the Hat Lek border, is there a charge for this?

I have a flight out of Bangkok booked but its not until May 12th. Will be heading to Laos and Vietnam before I go home. Hope they believe me!

So I just show up with my passport and they should stamp me in, no need to get prior visa?

You will need a ticket dated 30 days from your entry day in order to get your 30 day visa-free entry.

If you need to get back with a 30 day visa free entry, then take Fun-fun's advice and go to the Ban Laem border post where you can buy bogus 200 baht "transportation tickets" to get back in.