Transfer Of Visa To New Passport, New Requirement ?

I am a 53 year old Dutchman and I have lived in Thailand for a year now on a NON-IMM (retirement visa).

I renewed my passport so that it would have enough "life" left for an 1-year extension of my permission to stay.

I went to the office in SuanPlu with my new passport my old passport and a 'letter' from the embassy.

I was surprised that this was not sufficient to transfer the visa and current permission to stay from my old passport to my new passport.

They also required either a proof of income or sufficient balance in my bank-account.

As it happened I had allready taken with me all the papers required for the extension of the permission to stay - which now needs to include proof that the money in the bank account has originated from abroad -, so it was not a problem.

However it seems to me that these requirements are more severe than those posted on the Immigration website

• 2 weeks later...

You say you have "lived in Thailand for a year now". Does that mean you hadn't been here for one year when you got your new passport, so you didn't have an extension of stay in your old passport when you went to Suan Phlu?

What I'm getting at is, did you transfer the "visa" or the "extension of stay"?

I ask because I was not asked about bank books or anything to do with money when I had my "extension of stay stamp" transferred to my new passport at Suan Phlu.

• 2 weeks later...

When I arrived I originally had a three month non-Imm O visa and Got an extension of stay to one year during that period. What they transfered to my new pasport were

- a stamp with details of my old pasport including the original Immigration stam received while entering the country

- extension of stay stamp as put in my original pasport

Hope this helps

Does anyone know the TM number of the form necessary to "Transfer Stamp to New Passport". I went to the online site but my computer doesn't have the Thai fonts they use on that MS Word Doc. Does anyone know where this form is available online in PDF format?

When I arrived I originally had a three month non-Imm O visa and Got an extension of stay to one year during that period. What they transfered to my new pasport were

- a stamp with details of my old pasport including the original Immigration stam received while entering the country

- extension of stay stamp as put in my original pasport

Hope this helps

Just had my new passport endorsed with the appropriate stamps at Chiang Mai immigration this week and other than filling in the form they gave me, and the English in the form suggested it was primarily used for other purposes, there was no problem.

My extension stamp was the same as before, but there were summary type stamps covering my history of entry, change of tourist status to non-imm-O.

...the form necessary to "Transfer Stamp to New Passport"....Does anyone know where this form is available online in PDF format?

I’ve turned it into a PDF for you. Just the same, you will find it useful to have that Thai font on your computer.

--

Maestro

transferstamp.pdf

Thanks Maestro! You're an angel.

I'm using a Mac. The Thai fonts I found available for donwload for these TM forms work only on the pee cee :o

...the form necessary to "Transfer Stamp to New Passport"....Does anyone know where this form is available online in PDF format?

I’ve turned it into a PDF for you. Just the same, you will find it useful to have that Thai font on your computer.

--

Maestro