Schengen Visa Granted

Hello All,

I have searched the forum for info but cannot find anything specific to this so I hope somebody might be able to give me some guidance.

My Thai GF has been granted a Schengen Visa to visit her sister in Holland. Whilst she is there I would like her to be able to come see me in the UK. I know the UK is not part of the Schengen agreement but I was curious as to whether it was possible for her to apply for a visa at the British embassy in Holland? Will the fact that she has a Shengen help in her application for a UK Tourist visa?

Or will she have to wait until she gets back to Bangkok and start the whole, drawn out process at the British embassy?

All comments gratefully received.

As a general rule of thumb, a visit visa application should be made in the country of normal residence, in this case Thailand. If, however, your g/f can persuade the visa officer at the British embassy in the Netherlands that she was legitimately unable to apply for a visa in Thailand before travelling, they might entertain the application. Again, as a general rule, that your g/f has successfully obtained a Schengen visa will assist her chances of getting one for the UK.

Scouse.