The Solution To The 30 Days Visa Problem

Just a simple post, if you're concerned about the new visa regulations, just get on the following schedule with your visa runs:

January-February 30 days visa

February-March 30 days visa

March-April 30 days visa

April-July 60+30 days tourist visa

July-August 30 days visa

August-September 30 days visa

September-October 30 days visa

October-January 60+30 days visa

You're using no more than 90 days per 180 days on 30 day visa-on-arrival stamps. You're also only using 2 tourist visas per year. No breaking the law, no work-around, just an easy combination of both available visas. Enjoy your stay in Thailand :o

Rainman, and what would that be, for example, a single retired person with funds, under 50?

For such a person, I don't see any real visa available. So it is easy to tell people to get a "proper visa", but not everyone has that option.

Edited by Jingthing

Rainman, and what would that be, for example, a single retired person with funds, under 50?

For such a person, I don't see any real visa available. So it is easy to tell people to get a "proper visa", but not everyone has that option.

keep in mind, my solution is not designed to keep you in thailand for 10 or 20 years. its supposed to solve the sudden problem so many people are facing. it should give you time to plan your future. unfortunately, the visa rules change constantly but the above will probably give you a year or even more to find a solution. maybe if you have a girlfriend, consider getting married. maybe if you have some savings, buy an apartment here under the investment visa. or if you can't find any other way, spend your time between thailand and one or two other countries. traveling every now and then isn't so bad :o

Last I heard, there is no investment visa anymore. Not everyone wants to get married. Many expats are gay. BTW, I am over 50 now but that group, the under 50s who just want to enjoy their money in Thailand, has certainly been hit by these new changes.

As Rainman said, this is a solution. A solution is better than no solution. :D

Smile, there's light at the end of the tunnel! :D

Also, I don't know if it's been said before but: Many nationalities never had the VOA option, including my own. I'm sure I'm not the only one who managed. :o

For the record my parents had a triple entry tourist visa, used twice before it expired. Just got a new single entry in December. No questions asked, no notes made on passport...

Edited by tamaique

keep in mind, my solution is not designed to keep you in thailand for 10 or 20 years. its supposed to solve the sudden problem so many people are facing. it should give you time to plan your future. unfortunately, the visa rules change constantly but the above will probably give you a year or even more to find a solution. maybe if you have a girlfriend, consider getting married. maybe if you have some savings, buy an apartment here under the investment visa. or if you can't find any other way, spend your time between thailand and one or two other countries. traveling every now and then isn't so bad :o

You've given good advice here. I'll be rotating between two, maybe 3 countries myself. I'm treating this a a good excuse to get out of a rut and see more of the world...even though it would seem easy to do at least a few years on visa runs.

What's wrong with doing something like this?

http://www.lawyer.th.com/QR-one-year-visa-thailand.asp

Well, hmmm, lets consider.

So, yes, that would work if you are hoping to stay one year if you are not really serious about starting a biz in Thailand. So what about the second year? That visa I would imagine is for people who REALLY want to do business in Thailand. Using it otherwise is a bit abusive, don't you think? Doesn't really address the needs of wealthy under 50's who wish to live in Thailand and not work in Thailand.

I don't understand 60 + 30 day tourist visa. I see that a 60 day can be obtained in a nearby country, but how does 30 days get added? Also, the Thai law seems to mandate that after renewing a tourist visa twice, the traveler has to stay out of Thailand for 90 days. I acknowledge that the way Thai rules are written and the way they're interpreted are aften different things. Anyhow, I look forward to the day when a semblance of sanity can be instated in to the equation.

Unless the current powers-that-be intend to continue the confusion, why would it be necessary to devote most of an entire busy web site to the one subject of Thai visas, and have several posts and hundreds of responses per day - dealing with the same general topic. The confusion will persist as long as Thai imm authorities continue to try to implement the miscombobulated and harmful-to-Thailand policies put forth by the xenophobic Thaksin government in its knee-jerk dying days.

Just a simple post, if you're concerned about the new visa regulations, just get on the following schedule with your visa runs:

January-February 30 days visa

February-March 30 days visa

March-April 30 days visa

April-July 60+30 days tourist visa

July-August 30 days visa

August-September 30 days visa

September-October 30 days visa

October-January 60+30 days visa

You're using no more than 90 days per 180 days on 30 day visa-on-arrival stamps. You're also only using 2 tourist visas per year. No breaking the law, no work-around, just an easy combination of both available visas. Enjoy your stay in Thailand :o

This is the only feasible solution for the present. The present is all we can cope with, as the future has not unfolded. If we worry what may unfold in the future, we deprive ourselves of the right to have happiness in the present. The present is always with us - Thank You Rainman for showing all - The Obvious - is sometimes the most difficult to see.

OK, how is this for an obvious question?

Are consulates in nearby countries RELIABLY issuing tourist visas to people showing up with lots of 30 day stamps? Also, are people with stampy passports (hey I just coined a new term: stampy passports!) RELIABLY getting 30 day in country extensions on their tourist visas?

That, it seems to me, is the weak link in this plan.

Edited by Jingthing

Every indication so far is that it is easy to obtain a tourist visa regardless of history. And these are reports from what was previously one of the most restrictive at issuing them.

So this is saying that they've clamped down hard on the 30 day stamps but are relaxing a bit on real tourist visas?

I am currently looking at trying this plan out, though not because I'd like to... my Non-Imm B visa expires in a few days, and my prospects for renewing it are not looking good, as my company cannot provide all of the necessary documents in time.

So here's my current plan:

Leave Thailand on a quick boarder run in the next two days to switch over to a 30 stamp.

-Early Feb. go on a trip to Myanmar/Burma and receive another 30 day stamp

-Early Mar. take another boarder run

-In early April my stamps will be used up. Just so happens that is when I have a plane ticket back to the US for a family visit.

Then, while I'm in US, will it be possible for me to go to a Thai Embassy to apply for a formal Tourist Visa for another 60 days, or will my use of 90 days worth of entry stamps leave me without hope of returning to Thailand for the last 2 months of my time of living in LOS? It'd be a shame if I wasn't able to finish my lease, or more importantly collect the rest of my things in early june!!!

Can anybody confirm that this seems like a relatively reliable plan? I just need to be able to stay until June... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone~

I am currently looking at trying this plan out, though not because I'd like to... my Non-Imm B visa expires in a few days, and my prospects for renewing it are not looking good, as my company cannot provide all of the necessary documents in time.

So here's my current plan:

Leave Thailand on a quick boarder run in the next two days to switch over to a 30 stamp.

-Early Feb. go on a trip to Myanmar/Burma and receive another 30 day stamp

-Early Mar. take another boarder run

-In early April my stamps will be used up. Just so happens that is when I have a plane ticket back to the US for a family visit.

Then, while I'm in US, will it be possible for me to go to a Thai Embassy to apply for a formal Tourist Visa for another 60 days, or will my use of 90 days worth of entry stamps leave me without hope of returning to Thailand for the last 2 months of my time of living in LOS? It'd be a shame if I wasn't able to finish my lease, or more importantly collect the rest of my things in early june!!!

Can anybody confirm that this seems like a relatively reliable plan? I just need to be able to stay until June... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone~

sure that works. In the US you should be able to get a 2 or 3 entry tourist visa. WIth extensions that will be good for 6 to 9 months. The 90 days rule only applies to 30 visa exemption stamps. The rules say you get 90 days of visa exemption time in Thailand per 180 days. If you have any real visa, Tourist, Non Imm etc then no problem at all.

What would make a whole lot more sense to me would be a trip to obtain a tourist visa in the next few days. Then you will not have to worry about the 90 day rule. Vientiane is reported to be very easy to obtain tourist visa now.

Your plan should work as long as nobody is having a bad day.

Ok, Quick question: I've just run out of Mai Sai border runs, and now have to leave to get a tourist visa from somewhere else. Lots of people have told me different things, but is there any differnce between going to Vietienne - Laos, Or KL Malaysia?Are tourist Visas the same eveywhere?

Cheers

A tourist visa is a tourist visa. That said recent posters have remarked on how good Vientiane is now.

Sweet. Fair enough then, Ive got no job here and im 25 and not married, is there any way I can get a visa for more than 60 days? Somebody mentioned an "O" visa?

Cheers!

A tourist visa is a tourist visa. That said recent posters have remarked on how good Vientiane is now.

Sweet. Fair enough then, Ive got no job here and im 25 and not married, is there any way I can get a visa for more than 60 days? Somebody mentioned an "O" visa?

Cheers!

A non-im "O" class might be available in your home country, especially some of the smaller consulars, but you are very unlikely to be granted one anywhere is Asia

So this is saying that they've clamped down hard on the 30 day stamps but are relaxing a bit on real tourist visas?

It makes sense. Some have speculated the rules for 30 day runners are not to get rid of riff raff or anti-foreigner, but rather a process that ensures background checks can be done on these people occasionally at a consulate.