English Man Hurt In Mysterious Bar Brawl In Soi Beokeow.

britmaveric

English man hurt in mysterious bar brawl in Soi Beokeow.

16_01_3_2.jpg

Mr. Terry Watkins aged 54 is an Engineer from England. On Monday Night he was admitted to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital in an unconscious state after a Wedding Party at the Noi Beer Bar in Soi Beokeow became violent.

At the Hospital, we spoke with his girlfriend, Khun Aree aged 31 who explained that her boyfriend went for a walk around the bar and moments later he was found badly beaten and unconscious on the floor. Remarkably no witnesses to the attack came forward and further questioning of the bar owner and bar staff failed to reveal any clues as to the cause of this brutal attack.

Mr. Watkins sustained a broken leg and facial injuries along with a suspected head injury and Police are waiting for him to recover as Police remain baffled as to why this attack took place.

-Pattaya City News

Tuesday 16th January 2007

Edited by britmaveric

Remarkably no witnesses to the attack came forward and further questioning of the bar owner and bar staff failed to reveal any clues as to the cause of this brutal attack.

Strangely there is nothing remarkable about this in pattaya !

Soi Beokeow is a dangerous place. Which is why I never go there. Way to many low lifes with no money all over the place.

What a ridiculous statement.

There's way more trouble on Walking St and Beach Rd than there will ever be on Buakhoaw.

Were you also scared of the Military Coup?

Soi Beokeow is a dangerous place. Which is why I never go there. Way to many low lifes with no money all over the place.

I was quite fed up, they never even sent us one tank to stand next to and have pictures

taken :o

Edited by Rimmer

I was quite fed up, they never even sent us one tank to stand next to and have pictures

taken :o

Maybe the authorities will send us tanks and soldiers after reading all the recent beatings, etc. happening to tourists and residents. The low life of Pattaya need to be cleared out so that decent folks can live in peace and safety.

If this is the 'Noi' Bar that I know, then there really isn't any part of the bar concealed from the rest. Must have been in public view.

Everyone blind drunk, I suppose.

I'm curious if it's Noi's Bar, soi baukow and soi honey inn. If so there is a lot missing to this story. It's a very small bar with a very nice english owner.

As a matter of fact yes. If that makes you happy. Does not change the fact that street is full of drunks on 40 Baht Beer stumbling all over the place.

40 baht Beer, cool, where???

You can drink all the Chang and Leo you want at my Bar on Buakhoaw for 35 baht, before 7pm. After that it's a whopping 45b.

:D:o

As a matter of fact yes. If that makes you happy. Does not change the fact that street is full of drunks on 40 Baht Beer stumbling all over the place.

You can drink all the Chang and Leo you want at my Bar on Buakhoaw for 35 baht, before 7pm. After that it's a whopping 45b.

Sounds great! Where's the Zanzibar?

Sounds great! Where's the Zanzibar?

It's a small hole in the wall bar in the south end of Buakhoaw about 30 metres up from the market. I don't think it covers the criteria for the TV pissup. But you're welcome anyway.

Cheers

I'm taking Momma to the market today, maybe I'll stop by.

To get back on subject this was a horrible incident. 2 broken legs! The person who did this is an animal!

I've got to wonder if we will ever hear anything more about the case or if it will just fade in to oblivion like most of the others.

Earlier in the thread, there was a witness quoted as saying the attacker was a farang. Does anyone else think this sounds like a farang style attack? The decision to cause a painful disabling injury with a severe assault but not to go the whole hog and kill the victim. The attacker was reported to be alone and without accomplices. The lack of use of weapons, guns, metal bars, etc. This does sound like a farang style attack to me. Possibly with a military background. It's not so easy to break both legs.

I've got to wonder if we will ever hear anything more about the case or if it will just fade in to oblivion like most of the others.

Maybe there should be a thread for solved cases and sentences.

Is anyone ever sentenced?

That's a universal problem with news in Thailand, and certainly the UK as well. Headlines today become page 2 or three tomorrow then maybe a short snippet the day after. Very rarely does the endgame get reported unless it's a real high profile case.

From what I've seen threads on this forum quite often get ressurected with updates but that's more often where someone has personal interest in the case. For news items such as this we are dependant on the press and we all know how "dependable" they are.

Earlier in the thread, there was a witness quoted as saying the attacker was a farang. Does anyone else think this sounds like a farang style attack? The decision to cause a painful disabling injury with a severe assault but not to go the whole hog and kill the victim. The attacker was reported to be alone and without accomplices. The lack of use of weapons, guns, metal bars, etc. This does sound like a farang style attack to me. Possibly with a military background. It's not so easy to break both legs.

Or maybe the guy was just thrown outside and a baht bus or similar ran over his legs. This really is a strange case.