Need Sleeping Place, - Arrive At 10:30pm ,depart 10:30am

Hi,

I will have transit at Bangkok, i will arive 10:30PM and leave next day 10:30 AM. So, I will need a place to sleep or relax. There is no point of going out at night as everything will be closed and too short time to go out. So, i wanna stay in the aiport, is there any hotel or rooms to sleep inside the airport. Any advice will be a great help.

Regards

Net

Thank you very much for the info. Is that mean i've to pay 700 Bhat when i check in? Or Novotel hotel inside the airport area.

Regards

700 baht? are you referring to depature tax? this is now included in your ticket, if you are referring to novotel rates for staying then i think you will find its a lot more, maybe someone pm,d you personally and you ask this question?

Thank you very much for the info. Is that mean i've to pay 700 Bhat when i check in? Or Novotel hotel inside the airport area.

Regards

If your ticket was issued as a transit, the 700 baht Bangkok airport tax is probably not included in your ticket.

You can chack in the fare calculation box. If the Bangkok airport tax is included it should show as TS and then an amount.

The Novoyel will cost at least 5.000 baht + tax/service but it is a 5 minutes shuttle bus drive from the terminal

As you have nearly 24 hours near the airport I would take a taxi fort he 20 minutes drive to the AVANA Hotel (150 baht maximum for taxi) where you should be bale to get a room for less than 1.500 baht net

http://www.avanahotel.com/index.php

Hey

This hotel was mentioned in another thread on TV and it had good reviews.

Hotel Near Airport

Hope it's of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Peter

The Sanawan is at best a guest house. The price is cheap and it is quite near the airport although difficult to find for a taxi not knowing it. If you choose tis place make sure you carry the telephone number to have your taxi driver check the way. It took me 20 minutes from the aiprort with a Thai on the phone to the hotle for the last 10 minutes of the drive. Rooms can be had from 400 baht non air-con

As you have nearly 24 hours near the airport I would take a taxi fort he 20 minutes drive to the AVANA Hotel (150 baht maximum for taxi) where you should be bale to get a room for less than 1.500 baht net

Make that 12 hours.

i will arive 10:30PM and leave next day 10:30 AM

Make that 12 hours.

i will arive 10:30PM and leave next day 10:30 AM

Oops thanks sorry too early in the morning !

No transit hotel inside the terminal, but the Novotel is just in front of the terminal building. Not cheap but the most convenient.

Depends what exactly you mean by "transit hotel". There are the Louis Tavern Dayrooms, which in my mind are a transit hotel. 2,000 THB for 4 hours if I recall and you don't need to exit through immigration. But they may be full as they're quite popular with transit passengers, especially at night.

You can stay as long as you want, as long as you pay. The basic rate is for 4 hours, then I think it's 2 hour increments after that. You can stay any time of the day or night and the rate is the same. It's called "dayrooms" but basically just like a hotel/motel room.

5-10 minutes away from the airport in lad krabang on chalongkrung road there is a hotel made of containers. Nice decorated rooms, with window and airconditioning.....450 thb for 24 hours

J

No transit hotel inside the terminal, but the Novotel is just in front of the terminal building. Not cheap but the most convenient.

Depends what exactly you mean by "transit hotel". There are the Louis Tavern Dayrooms, which in my mind are a transit hotel. 2,000 THB for 4 hours if I recall and you don't need to exit through immigration. But they may be full as they're quite popular with transit passengers, especially at night.

Soju,

As far as I know, the Louis Tavern is near Don Muang Airport, not Suvarnabhumi. I don't think netmastan would want to cross the entire city to get there... And how does that work anyway, not having to go through immigration? The hotel is not in the airside of the terminal building, so I don't see how you coud get there without going through immigration...

The dayrooms at the Novotel can be booked for 6-hour blocks and it costs something like 2200 or 2500 baht. For more info, look on the hotel chain's website by clicking here

Soju,

As far as I know, the Louis Tavern is near Don Muang Airport, not Suvarnabhumi. I don't think netmastan would want to cross the entire city to get there... And how does that work anyway, not having to go through immigration? The hotel is not in the airside of the terminal building, so I don't see how you coud get there without going through immigration...

The dayrooms at the Novotel can be booked for 6-hour blocks and it costs something like 2200 or 2500 baht. For more info, look on the hotel chain's website by clicking here

There are day room swithin the transit area at Suvarnabhumi, no need to go through immigration and customs.

I think they are managed by Louis Tavern as they were in DMK too.

The 6 hours block at the Novotel is not to be used for overnight stays. The minimum at the Novotel is over 5k baht + taxes

Hey

This hotel was mentioned in another thread on TV and it had good reviews.

Hotel Near Airport

Hope it's of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Peter

The Sanawan is at best a guest house. The price is cheap and it is quite near the airport although difficult to find for a taxi not knowing it. If you choose tis place make sure you carry the telephone number to have your taxi driver check the way. It took me 20 minutes from the aiprort with a Thai on the phone to the hotle for the last 10 minutes of the drive. Rooms can be had from 400 baht non air-con

The first time the wife and I went to the Sanawan Palace we printed the map from their web site and handed it to the driver.

Arrived there without getting lost or any detours.

Here's a summary of all the upscale dayroom possibilities at Suvarnabhumi (prices are quoted in Australian dollars). I think the Louis Tavern dayrooms are very expensive for what they are.

The Sananwan Palace mentioned earlier in this thread is indeed a guest house. But it's a nice one with big, clean rooms, beautiful pool, and inexpensive.

431296562_a237c72560_m.jpg431295884_acdac8035d_m.jpg

Not to mention, friendly staff. 431297771_5fa075d770_m.jpg

No problem getting there. Don't bother with a map. Thai taxi drivers don't "do" maps. Just tell the driver "Bang Phli Yai, Wat Lung Po To."

Just as the temple comes into view on the right, watch for the Sananwan sign on the left of the main road.

431293110_2a0ed37859_m.jpg

It took us about 20 minutes from the airport in mid-afternoon traffic (the driver wanted to know if we were going to pray :o ). It's really just a couple of km after the end of the runway.

Here's a YouTube video someone posted showing how to get there. The directions from the airport are at the end. (I have no personal connection with this place or its management.)

Soju,

There are day room swithin the transit area at Suvarnabhumi, no need to go through immigration and customs.

I think they are managed by Louis Tavern as they were in DMK too.

The 6 hours block at the Novotel is not to be used for overnight stays. The minimum at the Novotel is over 5k baht + taxes

I stand corrected, my apologies :o

Here's a summary of all the upscale dayroom possibilities at Suvarnabhumi (prices are quoted in Australian dollars). I think the Louis Tavern dayrooms are very expensive for what they are.

The Sananwan Palace mentioned earlier in this thread is indeed a guest house. But it's a nice one with big, clean rooms, beautiful pool, and inexpensive.

431296562_a237c72560_m.jpg431295884_acdac8035d_m.jpg

Not to mention, friendly staff. 431297771_5fa075d770_m.jpg

No problem getting there. Don't bother with a map. Thai taxi drivers don't "do" maps. Just tell the driver "Bang Phli Yai, Wat Lung Po To."

Just as the temple comes into view on the right, watch for the Sananwan sign on the left of the main road.

431293110_2a0ed37859_m.jpg

It took us about 20 minutes from the airport in mid-afternoon traffic (the driver wanted to know if we were going to pray :o ). It's really just a couple of km after the end of the runway.

Here's a YouTube video someone posted showing how to get there. The directions from the airport are at the end. (I have no personal connection with this place or its management.)

This guest house is good value but rooms have no direct telephone, no separate showers (shower and toilet in same room, no bathtub), some only have fan (no air con) and only inside corridor view.

I would make sure to check the room before you pay for your stay.

Internet access is available in the lobby.

Hey Jack, whaddaya want for 400 baht? I got my cellphone in my pocket. I'm happy to shower anywhere that's clean and has water pressure, and I don't need a bathtub when I've got a pool. If all those things - phone in the room, shower stall and bathtub - are important to you, then I guess you need to pay 10 times as much and stay in the Novotel. But personally I think the Sananwan has more than what it takes for a short stay, much less a quick overnight when you'd rather not have to deal with traffic getting back to the airport.

By the way, for anyone who'd like to stay longer and see the sights, Bangphli is a really interesting place in my opinion. It has an old market (175 years old) of linked teak houses floating on the klong which goes on for a couple km, and then a bridge made of old boats which people cross to get to the Big C. Really an example of Old Thailand that most tourists never see.

Cheap charlies. Saving on airfares (great deals with lenghty stopovers) and then trying to spare their money trying to sleep somewhere.

As a step 2, they want to have it on the cheap too.

Yuk!

I loved to hear it is 2000B per 2 hours. Make it 8 hours and get the <deleted> consider what did they save.

Hi Guys,

I'm writing this reply from the airport. Its 3:35AM, 6 hours to go. Day room are very expensive,- for 8 hours around 200 USD.

Luckily i found Muslim ( i'm a muslim) prayer room which is at 3rd floor, its quite.. i had 1 hour sleep, now i can't sleep. I prayed here and now browsing the net from the room. I got connected to AOTWIFI connection which is cool, i talked to my family through skype.

There is no place to charge my laptops batteries, so i went to Foot massage, while i got foot massage i recharged my laptop battery and mobile.1 hour foot and shoulder massage for 600 Bath. It was very good and i gave 50 bath tips lol. So far so good for short time.

Now i think since i spent more than 1000 baths i guess i could go outside. But i had short time and don't bother going to immigration,taxi,hotel etc.

Thank you again.

Regards

There are no booths for departure tax anymore. You will not pay any more for exiting the airport than staying in it.

You can get some great rooms in Bangkok for great prices. You can pay 150/350/750/1500/4000/8000+baht a night. Meaning there are lost of good choices at every budget level.

OK budget rooms, great rooms for under 750-1500, and 4-5 star hotels for cheaper than most other cities.

It's my opinion that you'd be nuts to stay in the airport. Do as you will.

Hey Jack, whaddaya want for 400 baht? I got my cellphone in my pocket. I'm happy to shower anywhere that's clean and has water pressure, and I don't need a bathtub when I've got a pool. If all those things - phone in the room, shower stall and bathtub - are important to you, then I guess you need to pay 10 times as much and stay in the Novotel. But personally I think the Sananwan has more than what it takes for a short stay, much less a quick overnight when you'd rather not have to deal with traffic getting back to the airport.

By the way, for anyone who'd like to stay longer and see the sights, Bangphli is a really interesting place in my opinion. It has an old market (175 years old) of linked teak houses floating on the klong which goes on for a couple km, and then a bridge made of old boats which people cross to get to the Big C. Really an example of Old Thailand that most tourists never see.

I was replying to the OP who mentionned the Novotel and wanted to point out that the Sanawan was nothing near the Novotel in terms of facilities but as I said is real good value.

If you care to read my first comment, I recommended the Avana and not the Novotel although when my company was paying I stayed there and enjoyed its facilities and proximity to the airport.

When I had to pay myself, I went to see the Sanawan, but opted for the Avana for my 5 days stay.

I will surely consider staying at the Sawana if I am on holiday, do not have too much luggage and only stay 1 or 2 nights.

Edited by Krub

Fully agree. For cost and proximity to airport, for people who are on 8-12 hour conxns. It can`t be beaten. :o

Cheap charlies. Saving on airfares (great deals with lenghty stopovers) and then trying to spare their money trying to sleep somewhere.

Yuk!

I loved to hear it is 2000B per 2 hours. Make it 8 hours and get the <deleted> consider what did they save.

Pretty easy to figure out who the <deleted> is. :o

Yuk!

Pretty easy to figure out who the <deleted> is. :o

Sorry.

My comment was not what was needed.

My apologies.