Meteorological Department Warns North Of Strong Winds And Heavy Rains In The Coming Months

Jai Dee

Meteorological Department warns north of strong winds and heavy rains in the coming months

The Northern Meteorological Center has reported that throughout November, a cold air mass from China will intensify in intervals as it passes over the Northern Region. The mass combined with seasonal monsoon rains from the Northeast will cause heavy rains and thunderstorms as well as strong winds until the end of the year.

Temperatures are expected to drop with fog and dew in early mornings. Cold weather is projected for elevated regions and in the hills with average temperatures ranging from 16-21 degrees Celsius at sea level and 10-15 degrees on higher ground. Rain will average at 20-60 millimeters and Northeastern winds will blow in at 10-20 kilometers per hour.

The Center and Meteorological Department warns residents to be aware of conditions and be careful when traveling, especially in mornings with thick fog. The department also urges citizens to use water sparingly in preparation for more droughts.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 29 October 2007

Hmmmmmmmmm

Meteorological Department warns north of strong winds and heavy rains in the coming months

The Northern Meteorological Center has reported ... SNIP... seasonal monsoon rains from the Northeast will cause heavy rains and thunderstorms as well as strong winds until the end of the year.

.... SNIP TOO ..... The department also urges citizens to use water sparingly in preparation for more droughts.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 29 October 2007

Skuse me while I stop spinning - Don't you just love this country!

Sorry, but if that actually happens I'll eat the lawn.

That would be exceptionally weird, to have cold temperatures *AND* rain at the same time, and that well into December?

Sorry, but that just doesn't happen.

Mark my words, my lawn still looks as confident as 5 minutes ago.

Raining, cool and windy in Pai! :o

That would be exceptionally weird, to have cold temperatures *AND* rain at the same time, and that well into December?

. . . a nice Chardonnay to go with that? :o

JxP

. . . a nice Chardonnay to go with that? :o

JxP

:D