Thailand Bank Account

Over the past no of months, I have read various treads on opening accounts in Thailand.

Some of this information has been helpful some has been downright comical.

Many falongs like me are searching for information and help.

To be able to receive this information from my learned members is a godsend at times.

I have enclosed a little information on opening an account in Thailand. I hope this goes someway in helping others achieving there goals.

As for me, there are many hills still to climb before I will be content to make the final move to LOS.

Knowledge is by far the greatest aphrodisiac (No need to comment about the BG).

I am a tourist and want to deposit and withdraw cash while I am traveling in Thailand. Can I open an account at Bangkok Bank?

If I am in Thailand as a tourist, can I use Bualaung iBanking or Bualuang Phone?

I am a foreign investor and would like to send and receive funds to and from my other bank accounts overseas. What type of account can I open?

Where can I open an account?

How can I find out Bangkok Bank’s deposit interest rates?

My spouse is a Thai national and I am a foreign national. Can we open a joint account?

Can I apply for Bualuang iBanking, your online banking service?

Can I open a deposit account online?

Can I open an account from my home country?

I am a tourist and want to deposit and withdraw cash while I am traveling in Thailand. Can I open an account at Bangkok Bank?

Yes, you can open a ‘Resident Baht Account’ and make transactions via any Bangkok Bank’s counter or you can apply for a Bualuang ATM card to use within Thailand. This account provides you with access to your funds from any ATM machine in the country however, you will not be able to access your funds from overseas.

If I am in Thailand as a tourist, can I use Bualaung iBanking or Bualuang Phone?

No, in accordance with Bank of Thailand’s regulations you must be a resident of Thailand or have a current work permit.

I am a foreign investor and would like to send and receive funds to and from my other bank accounts overseas. What type of account can I open?

You can open a Non-Resident Baht Account at our Head Office on Silom Road. However, according to the Bank of Thailand’s regulations, you have to declare the source and the use of money in your account. Each transaction must also be performed at the counter of Bangkok Bank’s Head Office only.

Where can I open an account?

At any Bangkok Bank branch near you unless you would like to open a Non-Resident Baht Account which can be done at our Head Office, 333 Silom Road, Bangkok.

How can I find out Bangkok Bank’s deposit interest rates?

You can click here to check the latest rates and bookmark the page for quick and easy reference.

My spouse is a Thai national and I am a foreign national. Can we open a joint account?

Yes, you can go to any Bangkok Bank branch and open a resident baht joint account.

Can I apply for Bualuang iBanking, your online banking service?

You can apply for Bualuang iBanking services if you hold a savings or current account and have a current work visa for Thailand. To apply, bring your passport and your work permit or a Certificate of Resident to any Bangkok Bank branch.

Can I open a deposit account online?

No, not at this time.

Can I open an account from my home country?

No, all Bangkok Bank accounts must be opened here in Thailand at one of our 600 branches.

http://www.bbl.co.th/Bangkok+Bank/Personal...Questions.htm#1

http://www.bbl.co.th/Bangkok+Bank/Personal...d=EMAIL_GENERIC

Bizz one other thing you might have the info on if as a tourist i open a bkk bank account can i transfer funds fom uk,usa into my account or can i just deposit funds while i am in country....

thanks

allan

http://www.bbl.co.th/Bangkok+Bank/Personal...nk+Accounts.htm

1. What is Bangkok Bank’s SWIFT code and when should I use it?

Our SWIFT code is BKKBTHBK. This is the one and only code for every Bangkok Bank branch. You can give this to the bank where the funds transfer originates from. It will save the search fees and time.

2. When sending money from overseas to a Bangkok Bank branch in Thailand what information should I give to my bank?

The bank will ask you for the name of the person receiving the money and their account number as it appears in their Bangkok Bank passbook.

3. What is the fastest way for me to transfer money from overseas?

An electronic or SWIFT instruction is the fastest way to get funds directly into your Bangkok Bank account (Bangkok Bank’s SWIFT address is BKKBTHBK).

4. How can I find out if my incoming funds have arrived?

Call one of our Customer Service Representatives on 1333 or (66) 0-2645-5555.

5. Can I check whether someone’s Bangkok Bank account is operational?

No, all customers’ account information is confidential. If you would like to read our privacy policy, please click here for more information.

6. What is an IBAN number?

IBAN stands for the International Bank Account Number and is used by banks in European countries for international fund transfers. It is not a number required by Bangkok Bank for incoming or outgoing international fund transfers.

7. Can I make an international fund transfer via the internet?

No, this service is not currently operational. However, our international service branches do operate this service. Click here for a list of branches and Business Centers.

8. What are the fees for international fund transfers into Thailand?

The fee for receiving funds from overseas is 0.25% of the total amount (minimum fee of 200Bt and maximum fee of 500Bt). It will be deducted from total amount before it is credited to your account. Click here to see the fund transfer fees.

9. Do I need to have an account with Bangkok Bank to transfer money overseas or from overseas into Thailand?

You do not need to have a Bangkok Bank account for incoming or outgoing transfers, but make sure that you enter the correct name, address and telephone number in the payment instructions when transferring funds overseas. And, if you are collecting funds from overseas, bring your ID card to the branch which will enable you to collect your funds without delay.

For the same day payment service, payment instructions must reach Bangkok Bank by 2.00pm* and be correctly formatted with complete details.

If you are an international traveler without a Bangkok Bank account and wish to receive funds from abroad in cash - please remind the person who is sending the funds to specify your telephone number and address in Thailand in the payment instruction.

If you are a Bangkok Bank account holder make sure that you advise the remitter to specify the correct account name and account number as it appears on your accounts - errors may cause delays.

Instruct the remitter to send the funds via a Bangkok Bank correspondent bank. Please phone (66) 0-2685-7777 for more information.

Yes, you can open a ‘Resident Baht Account’ and make transactions via any Bangkok Bank’s counter or you can apply for a Bualuang ATM card to use within Thailand. This account provides you with access to your funds from any ATM machine in the country however, you will not be able to access your funds from overseas.

I opened a Bangkok Bank account early last year (as did my aussie gf) and was given a choice of two ATM cards, one domestic and one international. We both took the international card and have used them ever since in many different countries (usefull if you leave LOS and still want access to money you left there). I have money transferred into one of the accounts every month without any problem (from an account in a company name to my account in my name).

Having wrote to Bangkok bank they kindly wrote back explaining the do s and don’ts and redirecting me where appropriate

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Pe...nds/default.htm

This has helped me in answering the main questions.

Thanking Kandt for your encouriging words.

This is what this forum is about finding help and giving help.