Downloading Movies From Dig Cam

Eastender

Although familiar to Thailand I'm a complete newbie with digital cameras after just getting a Pentax S30 for my birthday. I'll be taking this out to Thailand soon for a holiday, complete with lots of SD card memory. I want to be able to print pics, and more importantly download short video files to CD. I won't have access to a PC, other than internet cafes and I know I can't install my own s/w there.

Therefore, do photo shops happily download movie images to a CD ROM for me to take away, as simply as they would print pics.

What's my best option for bringing back plenty of prints and movies? Spend loads on memory? Download pics as I go and keep video? Or print pics and download video as I go?

Thanks.

Your camera uses SD memory, which (along with CF memory) is about the cheapest flash memory out there. Go ahead and get a 1GB stick, it's only around US$80. Don't forget to bring extra batteries, your camera uses AA batteries, so you can buy NiMh rechargable batteries for cheap, about $2 each.

As Crossy says, if the shop's digital, they can read any file off your memory and burn it to CDR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do photo shops happily download movie images to a CD ROM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just be careful they are not 'funny' movies .... :o

Some sophisticated shops might even be able to burn a DVD directly from your camera ...Don't ask me for addresses though ... just ask them.

One DVD holds 7 CD-R's.

Typically photo print are 5 baht or so. The Fuji shop near Suk soi 33/1 (opposite Emporium, skytrain Phom Prong) has a good reputation.

Edited by sniffdog