Digital Photo Camera Prices In Thailand

magla

Good day to all!

I'll be traveling to Thailand in 14 days and am thinking about buying new digital camera to make some great pictures. I thought about buying Canon EOS 350D.

Could someone please tell me what is price of such camera in shops in Banqkok and if is it better to buy it in duty free zone on Bankog airport??

I know prices will differ depending on lenses but few rough prices would be great..

Many many thanks!

Fast reply would be most appreciated!

Best regards,

Andrej

Croatia

I'm also thinking of buying this, so I know a bit about the prices. I'm referring to the kit model with the 18-55 lens.

Price in the US at Amazon is about $900 (in the US, it's the Rebel XT).

Price in Thailand, official Canon Thailand warranty, is around $1100

Price in Thailand, gray market store warranty, is $1000

I doubt prices at duty free will be any cheaper... digicams tend to be overpriced at those places. Thailand is not the cheapest place to buy a digicam. The US, HK, and Japan are the cheapest, AFAIK.

This camera is probably one of the best values in terms of price/performance in a digital SLR.

Edited by Firefoxx

I'm also thinking of buying this, so I know a bit about the prices.  I'm referring to the kit model with the 18-55 lens.

Price in the US at Amazon is about $900 (in the US, it's the Rebel XT).

Price in Thailand, official Canon Thailand warranty, is around $1100

Price in Thailand, gray market store warranty, is $1000

I doubt prices at duty free will be any cheaper... digicams tend to be overpriced at those places.  Thailand is not the cheapest place to buy a digicam.  The US, HK, and Japan are the cheapest, AFAIK.

This camera is probably one of the best values in terms of price/performance in a digital SLR.

I agree with that, I personally don't go for SLR yet though (for digital).

http://www.fotofile.net/main.html

I used to buy all my photo supplies in Japan believing it's always cheapest at where it's manufactured, until I came across this shop in MBK where I bought my Canon SLR, a booster, two rather expensive Canon L lenses, which were all cheaper than the cheapest price in Japan I could find at the time on internet (but not always so especially digital cameras). And even if it happens to be more expensive in Thailand, if the difference is within 10% range, I would still buy it here for the sake of warranty. However, for a Canon 350D with lens kit, it might be a good idea to buy it in Japan if you can go there as it comes with a better lens there (USM) which doesn't seem to be available not only in Thailand but anywhere else other than Japan.

But having said that, B42,500 for 350D with lens kit here isn't as cheap as I would expect for that model from that shop, hmmmm. And yes, forget the duty-free shops. You can buy a camera with VAT refund at most shops in Thailand anyway.

Here is the price ranking of the day in Japan.

ttp://www.kakaku.com/sku/price/dezikame.htm

well, unfortunately I am not going to Japan but directly to Banqkok. About USM lenses, it is no problem to find them here in Croatia, but 350D with 18-55 USM is about 1000Euro... Friend of mine that was in Thailand about 6 months ago told me that cameras and such are about 30% cheaper than here back home, bu I wanted to check anyway...

Maby some web site in thailand that sells Canon cameras?

Thanx to all..

Andrej

Maby some web site in thailand that sells Canon cameras?

Here are more.

http://www.photobugonline.com/promotion.php

http://digital2home.com/

http://www.ec-mall.com/index.php?cPath=1_4...60d8931d43ac610

http://www.fotofile.net/main.html

So 18-55 USM is available in Europe?

I'm surprised it's available in Croatia when it's not in Thailand.

They sell both USM and non-USM for 18-55 over there?

In Japan only USM and only non-USM in Thailand for this lens.

If the kit 350D is 1000 euro, that would be more expensive than in Thailand, and a lot more expensive than the US. I think you can just go ahead and get the "gray market" type, since the warranty that comes with the "official" one is useless outside Thailand anyways. Try to stay away from the "touristy" shops... I've seen them sell this camera for $1500.

For Japan, you'll get real bargains on older models, or models which are about to be replaced by newer models. For current models, you'd need to go to Akihabara and do some haggling.

Digital SLRs have come a long way... even medium-format film users are switching to DSLRs. Their resolution is that good, and along with the inherent benefits (review, capacity, ISO switching, histogram, labless, etc), there's very little reason for pros to stick to film. I'm thinking of getting one because of the high-ISO performance and interchangable lens (fast lens+high ISO=low light shots).

'nother place:

www.tohome.com

Good day to all!

I'll be traveling to Thailand in 14 days and am thinking about buying new digital camera to make some great pictures. I thought about buying Canon EOS 350D.

Could someone please tell me what is price of such camera in shops in Banqkok and if is it better to buy it in duty free zone on Bankog airport??

I know prices will differ depending on lenses but few rough prices would be great..

Many many thanks!

Fast reply would be most appreciated!

Best regards,

Andrej

Croatia

have a look in MBK ore Pontipplaza in Bangkok and find out yourself....

nice shoppingcenters anyway !