Quality Of Internet Around Thailand?

kkf123

what???? :o

:D

Most folk don't find Bkk 'very fast, reliable...'

I'd say be very cautious if internet is absolutely vital for you. On the other hand, while internet is improving upcountry, the pace of life, the sunny weather, and a dollop of 'mai pen rai' might well change your priorities. :D

I heard that Chiang Mai has gotten a lot better internet wise lately.

what????  :o

Most folk don't find Bkk 'very fast, reliable...'

I'd say be very cautious if internet is absolutely vital for you. On the other hand, while internet is improving upcountry, the pace of life, the sunny weather, and a dollop of 'mai pen rai' might well change your priorities.  :D

I heard that Chiang Mai has gotten a lot better internet wise lately.

my apartment building (cheap studio 6k/month) has wireless internet that works like a charm.

what you call cheap?

I rent a complete large house for 6 K Baht.

I found nothing reliable yet in thailand, and specially not the internet, for privat use nice, but not for time critical business use.

i also work on the internet. in bangkok i had True ADSL, and it was not fast or reliable but i was still able to work ok. now i am on koh phangan and using dial up. it is about as fast as the ADSL was in bangkok, can work fine except when i need to use VOIP or something, and i end up just calling internationally on my mobile. i am getting the iPstar satellite system as soon as they have that new promotion here in the south, and don't anticipate any problems at all after that. there is no other option for fast internet here.

which dial up do you use?

I need a good one for my weekend house.

i also work on the internet. in bangkok i had True ADSL, and it was not fast or reliable but i was still able to work ok. now i am on koh phangan and using dial up. it is about as fast as the ADSL was in bangkok, can work fine except when i need to use VOIP or something, and i end up just calling internationally on my mobile. i am getting the iPstar satellite system as soon as they have that new promotion here in the south, and don't anticipate any problems at all after that.  there is no other option for fast internet here.

Lived in Chiang Mai for about 6 months and couldn't stay because I also worked online. There was always a problem with the internet connections there. (Or electricity, which has the same ultimate effect...)

I'm in Hua Hin now with Ji-Net (note: not Hi-Net) and the connection is pretty reliable. It's down about 3-6 hours a month minimum. My only other complaint is that I pay 2,650/month for 52kpbs.

Well I can say that at least I'm really blessed to be in Bangkok with this kind of Internet facility and its price. You don't want to hear this if you live in Indonesia :o For 384-512Kbps unlimited with unreliable performance, it costs around 20000 Baht! Yep, that's right, 4 zeros.