Mexican Food

stevo

Blue Parrot - just more of the typical average, bland mexican food that you find in thailand.  However it's a nice place to sit and watch the madness go by.  I will have to give Charley Browns a try, can't say I'm a big fan of the 'Tex-Mex' style though.

Tia Maria in Sukhumvit soi 27 (?) on the green route between Soi 23 and 31, close to Silom Seafood. Good margheritas, OK food. Only used it because I used to live nearby, and fancied a waitress working there. :o

Senor Picos is the best in town, full stop. You will, however, pay for that pleasure. It's very, very good.

I can also cheerfully recommend the Monday night all-you-can-eat pig-out at The Great American Rib Co. It's a steal at B199, the drinks aren't too much of a gouge, and the atmosphere is plenty friendly. The menu's very limited, but adequate for my needs. Yes, needs. Give 'em a try - they're just a dollop of sour cream short of heaven for my seriously underserviced Mexican cravings. Never got into that Tex-Mex bastard child. Just me.

jb

• 1 month later...

:o I have been holding back on this Mexican joint. I think the food is better than other places, but really don't like the management kinda like Bourbon Street. Que Pasa near the International School of Bangkok in Pakkret, Nonthaburi (warning: the website plays music, so turn down your speakers before visiting).

http://www.quepasa-th.com/ .

Now I only cook my own Mex food as it is much better and I don't have to deal with the management/owners blowing their own horns.

Que Pasa is worth a try if your in the area.

:D

Edited by ilyushin

any GOOD mexican food places in bangkok or pattaya? Tried one on silom rd., which was a....... "new" kind of mexican, I guess.

In Pattaya the most authentic tasting Tex-Mex is Mike's on Pattaya-Jomtien Road or at the new location across from Carrefour, in the shophouse complex in Pattaya 3 Road entrance soi.

Edited by JSixpack

There's another thread exactly like this going right now in the Western Food in Thailand Forum immediately above this one. Try http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53219.

This Mexican food thing is the thread you can't kill, isn't it? It seems to start over every couple of weeks just as if no one had ever asked the question before. Does someone out there keep posting new threads to advertise his favorite Mexican food place? Or are there really so many people who can't figure out how to use the search function?

There's another thread exactly like this going right now in the Western Food in Thailand Forum immediately above this one. Try http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53219.

This Mexican food thing is the thread you can't kill, isn't it? It seems to start over every couple of weeks just as if no one had ever asked the question before. Does someone out there keep posting new threads to advertise his favorite Mexican food place? Or are there really so many people who can't figure out how to use the search function?

Try the search for 'Mexican Food" and see the results. That's how I found this thread. I now there was another and I posted on it too. Couldn't find it in a hurry though. :o

Thanks for pointing it out for me OAH. :D

Edited by ilyushin

Another vote for Charlie Browns. Last night I was dying for some mexican so i hit up google and did a search for Bangkok mexican and found several good reviews of this place. I decided to check it out.

Fist off its tex mex and not straight up mexican but it was great. It was the same as all of the mexican places back home in chicago that im used to. The owner talked with us briefly and seemed like a very kind man. I wish I could have spoken with him longer but our food came and interupted him.

The food was excellent. We sampled many things and everything was fabulous. Thes chesse is imported and the best I have had in thailand. We started things off with some drinks and a cheese quesdilla. For the entre I got a combonation platter that included 2 chimmichongas, a beef taco, refried beans, mexican rice, and some kind of open face flat taco.

All in all it was good and I will be going back again.

The only problem I had was finding the place. If you are walking down soi 11 from Suk, on the left you will see Cheap Charlies in a small alley, You have to turn down that alley and then turn right and then about 15 meters up on the left you will find it.

It was a little pricy so keep this in mind. I had one beer and the lady had 1 margarita and together with dinner it cost about 1300. I can understand because Im sure some of their ingrediants are imported.

Edited by poorfarang

Thes chesse is imported and the best I have had in thailand.
Ah, I have to try this. They can imitate a lot of things over here pretty easily, from pico de gallo to guacamole, but for some reason the right kind of beef and cheese like we use in Texas for Tex-Mex are simply inimitable. Thanks for the review, I'm on this like stink on a monkey. Edited by on-on