Best All Round Ditigal Camera?

jitagon

I need a digital camera with a 7 megapixel resolution, or higher, and good clarity very close up, for photographing small insects etc. Could anyone recommend a good all round digital camera for this purpose? Any feedback gratefully received.

What is an estimated price you are willing to spend. Easier to narrow the field down.

I'll just add another review site to lopburi3's that I like.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

I agree but the link I gave always gives direct link to Steve when he has reviewed the camera, and all other major reviews, so saves time.

For yet another set of reviews:

http://www.dpreview.com/

To see what they might cost in Thailand:

www.fotofile.net

The Canon 350D or the Nikon D70 are the current DSLR entry models and both are great cameras at around 40,000 baht. New from Canon is the 5D which has a 35mm sensor, 12.8 megapixels, and a price tag of 170,000 baht!!!

I have the Canon 300D which is the predecessor of the 350D and a Canon 100mm macro lens which is great for insects etc.

Totally depends on your budget and your aspirations.

Digital compact, SLR, whatever. You can spend between 15,000 and 350,000 THB on your requirements.

The best Macro (close up)bshots are undoubtably achieved by dedicated Macro lenses on a D-SLR but these are expensive.

If you want to more about the ins and outs, PM me. This is an ongoing subject.

The links above are good links. I prefer DPREVIEW.COM as you can compare camers side to side.

Regards