Olympus Digital Camera Repair

bluebear

Anyone know of a cheap place to get my camera sorted in Bangkok. Its well out of its warranty so I dont want to go to the official repair shop - its expensive and its in the middle of nowhere by the Laos embassy.

Last time I walked round MBK none of the shops wanted to touch it.

Any recommendations? If the repair costs enough I would just ditch it - its 6 years old now.

Cheers

I repaired my Olympus camera 1 year ago (broken pixels) in the official shop, which was at a 5 minutes tuk tuk ride from MBK. I think I paid around 5000 THB which was Ok for me.

I don't remember the shop address, but I can try to find it if you cannot get it on internet.

Sorry but do not believe any six year old digital camera could or should be repaired. Buy yourself a new model and be amazed at how great the advancements have been in that time.

The only place that would have any chance of having parts would be the official dealer but even then it is not likely unless you are talking a professional class camera. There just is not that much that can be repaired - it is replace when the part to replace is available.

Edited by lopburi3

Yeti - Foto Systems is the one out by the Laos embassy. If there is no other place I will try the Jebsen one, but I am hoping for somewhere easier to get to and cheaper - which is basically along the lines of Lopburis point.

There was another repair shop on Rama 4 which didnt want to touch it - wonder if its the same one. if you can find the address shove it on will you.

I just hate the thought of throwing a camara out if a local place could repair it for 1000B or something instead of 3000b at the official place ( that would be my wonder if its worth it barrier )

The fault is something to do with the power switch - no power is getting to the camera and yes, i have tried new batteries :o