Quote's

opothai

There's a couple of ways really....

first way .... click on the reply button under the post you want to quote.... then just delete what you don't want from the quoted text.

second way.... highlight what you want to quote and copy... click "add reply" .... click the quote button quote.gif... paste the test and then click the quote button again to close the quotes.

I'm guessing the first way is gonna be easier.

totster :o

Ok, I'll explain it to you, consider this a peace offering. :D

There needs to be matching pairs of [ quote] and , if you accidentally delete one and let either of these stand , f.e. a singular

without the other, the quote function won't work for the entire text. Specially when there are quotes within quotes, it can be very tedious to correct this once you made a mistake.

Specially when you use the "reply" button, it is easy to overlook, as the quote signs include other coded info.

I hope this helps. :o

Edited by blabbel

first way .... click on the reply button under the post you want to quote.... then just delete what you don't want from the quoted text.

second way.... highlight what you want to quote and copy... click "add reply" .... click the quote button quote.gif... paste the test and then click the quote button again to close the quotes.

I find the second (copy/paste) to be safer and easier in the long run. All too easy to make a mistake when deleting (especially if more than one quote involved) and you may end up saying the quote is from a person it was not from. I use the quote for complete quote only. So it is really what works for you best.

second way.... highlight what you want to quote and copy... click "add reply" .... click the quote button ... paste the test and then click the quote button again to close the quotes.
I'm guessing the first way is gonna be easier

cheers totser, it still took me a couple of minutes,

I find the second (copy/paste) to be safer and easier in the long run. All too easy to make a mistake when deleting (especially if more than one quote involved) and you may end up saying the quote is from a person it was not from. I use the quote for complete quote only. So it is really what works for you best.

i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :o

QUOTE(Totster @ 2006-01-18 08:40:10)

second way.... highlight what you want to quote and copy... click "add reply" .... click the quote button ... paste the test and then click the quote button again to close the quotes.

totster

--------------------

Lopburi3

i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :o

See Totster's first method in Post number 2...

click on the reply button under the post you want to quote.... then just delete what you don't want from the quoted text

thx guys

totster :D

click on the reply button under the post you want to quote.... then just delete what you don't want from the quoted text

If I want to add the posters name to a quote.

I make bold the author's name and add a ( : ) after the author's name. See below.

opothai :[ /b]

If I want to add the posters name to a quote.

I make bold the author's name and add a ( : ) after the author's name. See below.

opothai :[ /b]

thx guys

Edited by opothai

Ok.. in the quote above the code looked like this [*quote name=opothai' date='2006-01-20 13:38:08' post='617629] i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :D

[/quote*]

minus the asterisks of course

When you use my second method the code would appear like this...

[*quote]i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :D[/quote*]

i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :D

so.. if you see the difference between the two... the way to put a name in is...

[*quote=totster]i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :D[/quote*]

i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :D

hope this helps

totster

Edited by Totster

Ok.. in the quote above the code looked like this [*quote name=opothai' date='2006-01-20 13:38:08' post='617629] i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :D

[/quote*]

minus the asterisks of course

When you use my second method the code would appear like this...

[*quote]i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :D[/quote*]

so.. if you see the difference between the two... the way to put a name in is...

[*quote=totster]i see when you did the quote you had totsers name attached, what is step 2 to get this, as now i'm an experienced quoter :D[/quote*]

hope this helps

totster

opothai, don't worry about it. Practise makes perfect :D

• 1 month later...

Congrats Chippie... now you're on your way ! :D

totster :D

• 3 years later...

totster :)