Non-immigrant-o (marriage) In Penang

I have been on a visa trip to Penang last week and had no problem to get a non-immigrant-O (multiple)!

All you have to show is:

A marriage-certificate in original and a copy

Copy of your wife's houseregistration papers

Copy of your wife's ID-Card

Copy of your passport

2 photos

500 Ringit

I have been on a visa trip to Penang last week and had no problem to get a non-immigrant-O (multiple)!

All you have to show is:

Copy of your passport

2 photos

500 Ringit

Very kind of you inform the users and visitors of this forum about your personal experience, I'll go to Penang next time with more confidence. Could you please maybe advice also how did you get there? I am not looking for a cheaper solution but for the most comfortable one,

Thanks

All you have to show is:

Copy of your passport

2 photos

500 Ringit

Very kind of you inform the users and visitors of this forum about your personal experience, I'll go to Penang next time with more confidence. Could you please maybe advice also how did you get there? I am not looking for a cheaper solution but for the most comfortable one,

Thanks

Actually I wanted to fly from BKK with Airasia. But they dep. BKk at 7,25 am. Finally I took the train from BKK to Butterworth. That way I didn't had to hurry and had time to read. Near the trainstation is the ferry to Penang (1,20 ringid) which brings you in about 20 minutes to Penang. It will be to late for the consulate when you arrive. You have to go the next day in the morning (or use a service). After receiving the visa it is too late for train or plane out of Penang. You have to wait or take the minibus to HatYai (what I did) at 16,00. There I took the nightbus to BKK.

best

fredus

I've done the BKK-Pen run a few times, but never by train, so I can't comment on that. I've flown to Hat Yai then mini bus to Penang...and return the same way, and I've flown all the way there and back, once I even drove lampang-Hat Yai-Lampang! The cheapest option, but the slowest, is by road and/or train. Personally I prefer to fly, but the flight times usually mean an extra night or two in Penang.

Edited by sierra01

Air Asia has better flight schedules to KL now they've killed off the afternoon flight to Penang.

You still need two nights in KL, the requirements for a 'married' visa are the same as detailed for Penang. Submit application 9.30 AM, collect next morning 11.00 AM.

Did KL a couple of weeks back, very well organised, only at the Embassy for 40 minutes to submit the form and 2 minutes to pick up the visa next morning.

I haven't done the BKK-PEN round trip since July last year, so I didn't know they'd stopped the PM flight, thanks Crossy. It doesn't apply to me anymore but I had never considered KL before, if I ever need to go get a new visa I'll certainly look carefully at KL.

With this visa, you still have to leave the country, don't you, every three months?

Yes!

A bit of a bind, but I didn't have the funds for an extension based on marriage, such is life and freelance contracting :o

Air Asia has better flight schedules to KL now they've killed off the afternoon flight to Penang.

You still need two nights in KL, the requirements for a 'married' visa are the same as detailed for Penang. Submit application 9.30 AM, collect next morning 11.00 AM.

Did KL a couple of weeks back, very well organised, only at the Embassy for 40 minutes to submit the form and 2 minutes to pick up the visa next morning.

Thanks Crossy,

I am aware of this but the last time I went there to get a Multi entry Non Immigrant 0 visa was 3 years ago, thus I am not sure that they are still releasing Multi entries at present, do they?

Thanks

Thanks Crossy,

I am aware of this but the last time I went there to get a Multi entry Non Immigrant 0 visa was 3 years ago, thus I am not sure that they are still releasing Multi entries at present, do they?

Thanks

Multi 'O' in K.L. NO PROBLEM as of 2nd March 06 :o

Thanks Crossy,

Thanks

Multi 'O' in K.L. NO PROBLEM as of 2nd March 06 :o

Thank you very much for your precious info.

For information AirAsia now has two flights a day to Penang. The second leaves at 13.55. Also they currently have special offers starting at 699 THB

I guess fron Bangkok only, I am in Phuket and for me it is much easier fly to KL, including taxes a return ticket cost normally 3600 baht, it depends on promotions.

the fare of 699 baht I guess exclude taxes, doesn't it?

I guess fron Bangkok only, I am in Phuket and for me it is much easier fly to KL, including taxes a return ticket cost normally 3600 baht, it depends on promotions.

the fare of 699 baht I guess exclude taxes, doesn't it?

The 699 Baht does exclude taxes in is not available every day. I book for 3 April and paid 999+450=1449 Baht

All you have to show is:

Copy of your passport

2 photos

500 Ringit

Don't you need a letter from a Thai bank saying you have more than B400,000 as well as the above in Penang?

Hope you will indulge me making enquiries on this forum on behalf of my brother in law. He is a 72 y.o. British pensioner (single) and have been residing in Hat Yai for the last 4 yrs on a visitor entry permit which gives him 30 days stay per entry at the Danuk/Sadao border post.

Lately he has decided to purchase a house in Hat Yai, for which he has adequate funds and wishes to know if he can get an 'O' non-immigrant visa with multiple entry so that he doesn't need to go through the hassle of doing the run to the Malaysian border every 30 days.

Anyone can advise on the best option(s) for him?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Bakuteh

He should have no problem going to Penang and showing a bank account in Thailand for 200k or more and obtaining such a visa now.

But he can probably obtain a retirement extension of stay if he can put 800k into a bank account or has 65k per month pension income (or combination). That way he would never have to make any visa runs and only have to extend his stay each year and report his address every 90 days at any immigration office (or by mail). There is no reason for him to be making 30 day trips.

He should have no problem going to Penang and showing a bank account in Thailand for 200k or more and obtaining such a visa now.

But he can probably obtain a retirement extension of stay if he can put 800k into a bank account or has 65k per month pension income (or combination). That way he would never have to make any visa runs and only have to extend his stay each year and report his address every 90 days at any immigration office (or by mail). There is no reason for him to be making 30 day trips.

Thanks for your valuable advice. I am sure he will be happy to know he doesn't have to do his monthly visa runs any longer.