Want To Buy A Rottweiler

I have been looking around the Pattaya area but I don't really know what to look for in a good or bad Rottweiler. I read on a few web pages that breeding can be quite important. I just wonder for 6000 baht if I will get a quality dog or not. Any ideas on what i should look for or where?

Thanks!

I have been looking around the Pattaya area but I don't really know what to look for in a good or bad Rottweiler. I read on a few web pages that breeding can be quite important. I just wonder for 6000 baht if I will get a quality dog or not. Any ideas on what i should look for or where?

Thanks!

Hi tuffy,

please forget about to get a Rottweiler for 6000.-Baht.

I am very experienced with Rottis.

Here have a look at mine:

Max

About 1 month ago I won 2nd place in a Thailand Rottweiler Show(american judge), when he was 16 months old he won Thai Champion.

He is not only very good looking, he has a perfect personality cause his bloodline is from the most famous Rotti in the world.

Breeding and training takes a long time and when you read all the bad news in newspaper it's a very bad breed and greedy owners.

It take a bit more than 2 years to be mature, during this time they must be socialized and when you like it they can be trained, they like to learn and play a lot. You should have a big garden for them for running around.

Look at my avatar, it's him with my wife....they love each other absolutely, but I am the master.

When they grow up they try to be the leader of the gang(rack), but it must be you or your wife/partner.

You must teach them with a lot of love and praising them.

They are just great dogs, believe me!!! But do not take a Rotti from a "breeder" who is just doing it for business.

Google the words Rottweiler and Thailand you will find some good breeders.

2 weeks ago I had a phone call from a breeder who owns Max's brother, his name is Bandit(the Rotti) and he won some more shows here in Thailand, This dog was(or still is) for sale , a bargain for 30000.-Baht, same age like mine: 3years old.

When you are interested please pm me.

Do not expect to get a good Rotti for less, even more.

We have imported the pregnant mother from Europe at this time.

When you need more help let me know please.

This is Max:

IMG_0356.jpg

Good luck for your search!!!

Gerd

Edited by thaigerd

Thanks for the info Gerd. I will keep looking for now then and do a little more research before I decide.

We got our latest dog from the pound in Alaska. He is lab mixed with something else, moose i think as he is tipping the scales at 100#'s. I couldn't ask for a better personality in a dog but i would like to get him a buddy and one with a little more guard dog in its blood.

Thanks for the info Gerd. I will keep looking for now then and do a little more research before I decide.

We got our latest dog from the pound in Alaska. He is lab mixed with something else, moose i think as he is tipping the scales at 100#'s. I couldn't ask for a better personality in a dog but i would like to get him a buddy and one with a little more guard dog in its blood.

Hi Tuffy,

May be you checked out my pics. As you can see we have another dog aswell, a female Boxer.

They are a great couple. Don't put together two male ones, problems could accure about dominance. Female Rottis would be good(in case your existing dog is a male) they are very protective, especially when you are living in Pattaya. I am not talking about to attack people but taking care of your house.

When I see or hear something about a good Rotti I'll inform you.

Have a nice weekend!

Gerd

Thanks!

Hi Tuffy,

I agree with Thaigerd that the chance to get a good quality (read: with no hereditary or birth defects) Rottweiler for 6,000 baht is pretty small, but not impossible.

Most breeders have no clue about genetics and that reflects in their dogs. Unfortunately with lots of HD and ED as result. Not even to mention the enormous variety there is in appearence under the 'real pedigree' Rottweiler (or any other bred).

Pups are usually weaned and taken away from the mother dog at 3 weeks already and sold at 6 to 7 weeks of age.

Pups that can be purchased in petshops or on pet markets are at very high risk of the infectious diseases parvo-virus and Canine distemper.

In other words a big word of warning before you get yourself a 'pedigree' dog.

Nevertheless there are also good (rottweiler) breeders. There is one in Bangkok that I always recommend to my customers. He buys the dams and sires from Germany, goes to Germany to shows himself and breeds already for over 10 years this breed (and only this breed). He knows what he is doing and what he is talking about. He is an absolute Rottweiler fan. However, so far I know the prices of his pups are not lower than 20,000 baht, but quality and good health is guaranteed.

His name is Khun Tawatchai.

Name of his kennel is Bangkok Wappen.

Tel. + Fax. : (02) 2817083,2826642, 06 3649827 or 01 5903377 (the 01 he uses more frequent)

WEBSITE: http://www.geocities.com/bangkokwappen/thaiversion.htm (however, it is in Thai only)

E MAIL: [email protected]

Wishing you good luck.

Got myself a rottie who just beacme 10. I love him to pieces (together with my other dogs, naturally)

Nienke

Thanks for the info Nienke. I will check him out when i am next in BKK

I will be looking for a female as Poompuy my other mutt is a male and I would hate for them to have "dominance issues" with each other.