The Golden Jubilee Monument

medium.jpg

Long Live The King - His Majesty King Bhumipol Adulyadej

medium.jpg

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I am now back in UK after spending June in Bangkok to join with the celebrations to mark the 60th anniversary of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej's ascension to the throne.

I had a wonderful time and enjoyed watching all the preparations in the run up to the holiday weekend. I stayed at my usual place and being close to the river and both Shangrila and Oriental hotels had an opportunity to see the massive security operation at first hand, many of the special branch and security personnel were staying in my hotel too! The excitement mounted all week with members of foreign royal families arriving and more and more people wearing yellow T-shirts everyday.

We were lucky enough to have seats to watch the Royal Barge Procession on both the 9th and also 12th June. We wore our special yellow T-shirts and were made to feel very special being embraced by the Thai people around us. The guy sitting next to me even tuned his radio to an English speaking channel so that I could listen to the commentary of the preparations up river. Later at Sanarm Luang I was invited to eat with a group of soldiers taking a quick meal break.

I have posted a gallery of the celebrations on my website if anyone is interested.

My Webpage

Not sure if a direct link like this is allowed ... mods please delete link if I am breaking forum rules :o

Edited by iamguava