Newbies On Thaivisa

Zendesigner

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Zen.

I somehow stopped into this site by mistake while i was surfing the net with info of Thailand. I read things people have posted and it sound really interesting to me. So i joined. Just at times when im bored at work then il be on. Dont have the time at home too.

So then, il just welcome myself here LOL :o

Guest IT Manager

Let me add a welcome as well, and Zen, did you know that for every new member you bring to the forum, you get a prize? Free membership for yourself and another friend as well.

Thaivisa is all about Thailand, not all about expats. There was another post somewhere yesterday from a newbie asking if it was just for expats. It isn't. It's for information. For anyone, from anywhere, about Thailand, though occasionally we get info on Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and once, India, as well because of our reach.

IT

Guest IT Manager
and once or twice Oz IT :o

Sorry Bronco you're right of course.

Looks like it going to be a busy admin weekend. Haven't had a Saturday AM like this for weeks. See if we can do 4000 posts over the next 2 days. Would be a record for the site actually.

Just realised also that I missed Malaysia, Singapore, infrequently Hong Kong, and of course China, all relating to Thai Visas.

Funny how much inout we are getting from members in Europe currently as well. Good to see, and to all new people again, thanks for dropping in and being a part of the community.

We have promoted the site heavily on the net recently, and that seems to have worked out fine. Welcome all new members!

And, it's the most comprehensive Forum of its kind for Asia & especially Thailand.

Welcome Newbies... :o

Hello !

Someone recommanded this site on a french forum.

I spent 2 weeks reading before joining.

I think thaivisa.com suffers no comparison at all, it is the only one like this, thanks to the very special combination of mixed personnalities and subjects you, members, achieved. I prefer not to figure out how much attention admins and moderators have to invest constantly, anyway, as far as I can notice, the job is done with heart.

QUOTE (Doc Adams @ Sat 2004-03-20, 10:12:40)

Hey guys,

It's a great site if you're living in Thailand!

What's the mystery?

The mystery ? What mystery ?

First rule of Thaivisa; Don't talk about the mystery.

Shhhhht, please don't talk about the Mystery !.... :D

As we all probably know, the Mystery shall not be revealed. Ever !... :D

As otherwise, it would not be a Mystery anymore... :o:D:D

Let me add a welcome as well, and Zen, did you know that for every new member you bring to the forum, you get a prize? Free membership for yourself and another friend as well.

Thaivisa is all about Thailand, not all about expats. There was another post somewhere yesterday from a newbie asking if it was just for expats. It isn't. It's for information. For anyone, from anywhere, about Thailand, though occasionally we get info on Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and once, India, as well because of our reach.

IT

Ever thought of expanding towards the rest of SEA, Indian continent & Chinese sphere ?... :o

I find a wealth of information on this site. My wife and I plan to visit Thailand this coming Fall. If we like it, we plan to visit a few more times and stay for several weeks at a time. If we still like it we may retire over here.

I have not yet visited Thailand, but my wife was a stewardess many years ago and used to get to Bangkok occasionally. In preparation for the trip I am studying a little Thai on a home study course.

Almost all my questions are answered by looking at the posts already on the board. Keep up the good work. It is extremely informative and helpful.

:o

Lofu2

Lofu2 as you stated , I would not consider the remotest idea of retiring anywhere until a lot of visits or several prolonged stays , you may well fall in love with the country , this forum can help , but as you are aware , these are manly opinions, one of which cannot be formed properly unless paired up with experience and facts.

Christ I'm pompous today eh?.... :o

I joined recently as a way of trying to find out more about what's going on in Thailand. Particularly, what's going on with the new bar hours and how they might hit the tourist economy. However, on that score, I'm not much the wiser and from what I can gather, neither is most of Thailand including the police force.

:o:D

Guest IT Manager
Lofu2 as you stated , I would not consider the remotest idea of retiring anywhere until a lot of visits or several prolonged stays , you may well fall in love with the country , this forum can help , but as you are aware , these are manly opinions, one of which cannot be formed properly unless paired up with experience and facts.

Christ I'm pompous today eh?.... :o

Yes you are but it's OK really. It works well on a village Saturday night IMHO.

:D

I'll come and exchange the free membership for a bottle of chang ok :o

Anyway welcome to all the newbies out there, Don't worry it was written under my name also some time ago. Just join in the discussions, read learn, give an opposite view, preferably a funded in my personal opinion.

You will really learn a lot about thai culture, habits, Sabai-ness, Crazy politics, very outspoken laws never to be heard of again, wai-ing, job prospects, Visa turmoils and really what it is to live here.

I know this forum is about thailand, for thais and expats and basiclly anyone who wants to join, but we can talk on other things outside of thailand cant we??

Winle

i think if it's appropriate in the context of the forum department sure, check with ###### for the full rules, He's one of the admins here.

I joined recently as a way of trying to find out more about what's going on in Thailand. Particularly, what's going on with the new bar hours and how they might hit the tourist economy. However, on that score, I'm not much the wiser and from what I can gather, neither is most of Thailand including the police force.

Indeed neither are the most of us...party on Gart

b

Guest IT Manager

I'll come and exchange the free membership for a bottle of chang ok :o

Anyway welcome to all the newbies out there, Don't worry it was written under my name also some time ago. Just join in the discussions, read learn, give an opposite view, preferably a funded in my personal opinion.

You will really learn a lot about thai culture, habits, Sabai-ness, Crazy politics, very outspoken laws never to be heard of again, wai-ing, job prospects, Visa turmoils and really what it is to live here.

I know this forum is about thailand, for thais and expats and basiclly anyone who wants to join, but we can talk on other things outside of thailand cant we??
Winle

i think if it's appropriate in the context of the forum department sure, check with ###### for the full rules, He's one of the admins here.

Indeed neither are the most of us...party on Gart

b

You bring the chang can exchange for whatever you want. Except my wife. Johnnie Black there.

I just found this forum recently. It is filled with loads of important info on Thailand and what a falang needs to know to get along in Thailand. For me I plan on retiring inThailand as soon as I am eligable to retire. (20 years) unless I hit the lottery. That why this forum is important to me.

But I have to say I feel a little intimidated some times about making a post. There seems to be a few regulars who are a little quick to jump on someone about being a troll. I would hate to be labeled as that so I don't post as much as I would like. I have a lot to learn about Thailand and I do not want my inexperience to be consider as a troll.

But I don 't mind just reading the post with out commenting either. There is still enough info pass around to help me learn.

This is an awesome forum.

thanks

Jim

Hi jim,

Welcome to the boards,

But I have to say I feel a little intimidated some times about making a post. There seems to be a few regulars who are a little quick to jump on someone about being a troll.

I think if you give decent and funded answer nobody will consider you a troll. We have some heated discussions sometimes but that doesn't mean we can't be friends in another post.

just join and ask a question, no problems.

I would suggest however :D that you don't jump into the bear-pit straight away,

Especially not with a login like yours :D:o

No bad feelings intended :D

B

I just found this forum recently.

But I have to say I feel a little intimidated some times about making a post. There  seems to be a few regulars who are a little quick to jump on someone about being a troll. I would hate to be labeled as that so I don't post as much as I would like. I have a lot to learn about Thailand and I do not want my inexperience to be consider as a troll.

Jim

Welcome Jim !!! :D

One way to exorcise the fear to be called a "troll" could have been to name yourself "Troll" i/o "American", for instance... then everytime, somebody calls you "troll", you have a good laugh !... :D

Why do you think I have named myself "Bozo" !?!... :o:D:D

Please don't hesitate to communicate more actively, the more the players, the better the fun !!!

re: newbies...I suggest a thai.visa Investigation Bureau with yours truely as head fascist to weed out subversives and guarantee forum integrity...

I was a newbie once...as were all of us..but international machinations in the name of 'the war on terrorism' has put the possibility of a trusting and pleasant forum exchange asunder. There must be a method to insure that posters at least have social degenerate and alcoholic inclinations...otherwise we shall never be free of the threat of co-optation by clean, well scrubbed forces of evil...