What Would Be A Good Restaurant In Pattaya For The Missus' Birthday?

Jai Dee

It's the missus' birthday this Friday, and I'd like to take her somewhere special for dinner.

You know... a romantic dinner for two... top notch service and food... extensive wine list... preferably with a view (but not of garish neon signs)...

:o

Any suggestions?

Bruno's, on the left coming down the hill just before Jomtien.

Had my first meal there a couple of weeks ago and was impressed.

Not sure if it's okay to post links here so just Google Bruno's Pattaya. :-)

Edited by TomF

It's the missus' birthday this Friday, and I'd like to take her somewhere special for dinner.

You know... a romantic dinner for two... top notch service and food... extensive wine list... preferably with a view (but not of garish neon signs)...

Any suggestions?

I would suggest Bruno`s.....excellent food, excellent service, great wine list, good ambiance and the last time me and the missus were there they put on a courtesy limmo for us after the meal.

You will definitely have a special experience at Bruno`s after all it is the best :D

Tarzan Hut in Jomtien is pretty nice. You can sit inside or over the water.

Happy birthday to the missus!

Inside the water :D:D

Oops..

Sorry, I had my head inside my backside.

What I meant was you can sit inside the resturant or outside overlooking the water.

Hope this clarifies things :o:D

Oops..

What I meant was you can sit inside the resturant or outside overlooking the water.

Buckwheat whichever restaurant is chosen....they will not find Ribs as delicious as the ones you cook. :D

I'd skip Bruno's and do the Gourmet Menu at Casa Pascal .... with unlimited wine :o

http://www.restaurant-pattaya.com/Gourmet-Menu.htm

Gourmet Set Menu

15.09.2006 - 30.09.2006

( The Gourmet Set menu is changed every 2 weeks.

Italian Sparkling Wine

Spumante Brut, Pinot Chardonnay

Amuse Bouche

White Wine

Angove’s Chalk Hill Blue, Colombard Chardonnay, Australia, 2004

Carpaccio of Veal Tenderloin and Goose Liver

Artichoke Cream Soup with Sun dried Tomatoes and Pine Nut Kernels

Calf’s Sweet Bread in Puff Pastry

Raspberry red Wine Sherbet

Red Wine

Butterfly Ridge Shiraz Cabernet Australia, 2004

Roasted herbed Salmon with Truffle Jus and Celeriac Mousse

or

Filet Mignon of Pork and potted Pears in Roquefort Sauce

Chocolate Mousse in Passaya Soup

or

Selection of premium French Cheese

Coffee or Tea

Calvados, Grappa, Remy Martin, Williams

Menu 1,200++ Baht, Menu with unlimited Beverages 2,400++ Baht

Edited by jdinasia

Oops..

Buckwheat whichever restaurant is chosen....they will not find Ribs as delicious as the ones you cook. :D

Thanks Fox,

You'll be hearing more about them real soon!

Casa Pascal or Bruno's.

Both impress, neither inexpensive though :o

All in one at Casa is ok, but only if you and wife can hold/enjoy your liquor. :D

If not go for the set menu without the unlimited drinks.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Thanks for all the suggestions folks... keep 'em coming.

Brunos has always been one of our favourites, and we've dined at all the Royal Cliff restaurants before... but I was looking for something different.

The Mantra at Amari or Casa Pascal both sound promising.

Any suggestions?

Mantra at the top of Beach Road has had rave reviews, or try Casa Pascal in 2nd Rd opp Marriott next to Ruen Thai if money no object. I rate this highers than Brunos, but that's my personal opinion

I'd skip Bruno's and do the Gourmet Menu at Casa Pascal .... with unlimited wine :o

http://www.restaurant-pattaya.com/Gourmet-Menu.htm

Gourmet Set Menu

15.09.2006 - 30.09.2006

( The Gourmet Set menu is changed every 2 weeks.

Italian Sparkling Wine

Spumante Brut, Pinot Chardonnay

Amuse Bouche

White Wine

Angove’s Chalk Hill Blue, Colombard Chardonnay, Australia, 2004

Carpaccio of Veal Tenderloin and Goose Liver

Artichoke Cream Soup with Sun dried Tomatoes and Pine Nut Kernels

Calf’s Sweet Bread in Puff Pastry

Raspberry red Wine Sherbet

Red Wine

Butterfly Ridge Shiraz Cabernet Australia, 2004

Roasted herbed Salmon with Truffle Jus and Celeriac Mousse

or

Filet Mignon of Pork and potted Pears in Roquefort Sauce

Chocolate Mousse in Passaya Soup

or

Selection of premium French Cheese

Coffee or Tea

Calvados, Grappa, Remy Martin, Williams

Menu 1,200++ Baht, Menu with unlimited Beverages 2,400++ Baht

Been there twice...the first time the meal was not bad, but bear in mind that the portions are quite small and there is only so much that you want to drink.

The second time a Manager at the Dusit rang to arrange our table at Casa Pascal and it was agreed by the restaurant to give us a discount of 10% off the price if we went for the 2400++baht menu including unlimited beverages . So it`s only 10% but hey it all helps. Well Pascal was angry and refused to honour the 10% discount and even rang the manager at the Dusit who confirmed the agreed discount with his staff. They also tried to serve us a cheaper brandy and apologised when I spotted it, also on this occasion the food was not as good as the first time we ate there.

So I told Pascal that the 10% meant more to him than me and that I couldn`t believe how he could embarass himself like that in the restaurant in front of other customers. I paid in full and told him that we would never be back.

So that`s my two penneth on Casa Pascal :D

JD I can give you somewhere different.

It is called The Swiss Sabai Lakeside Lodge and it is about 4kms inland on Sukhumvit, just past the Jomtien Tesco. The lodge, and in particular, the restaurant, is nestled right out on a large lake with spectacular views. The ambience is incredible. There was a lovely breeze in the middle of the a hot humid day.

Now I went there in the afternoon to deliver a charity collection box, and was knocked out by the look of the place, and I met the owner. I didn't try the food, but I have been told that it is very good, by an expat women's group who had Sunday lunch there. The restaurant has international cuisine, with"an extensive selection of wines and digestifs"

I have a small brochure with the map and phone number if you're interested. :o

I know I will be taking my family there when they come in December.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Well I won't go into details, but I too had a run in with Monsieur Pascal, and certainly won't be going back there.

We were a foursome and I have the feeling that they might just have been looking down on the Thai wives who accompanied us.

Some bad service and an arrogant attitude might sum it up. :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Well I won't go into details, but I too had a run in with Monsieur Pascal, and certainly won't be going back there.

We were a foursome and I have the feeling that they might just have been looking down on the Thai wives who accompanied us.

Some bad service and an arrogant attitude might sum it up. :D

I've heard and experienced that in there before. :o

Any suggestions?

JD,

Without a doubt my favourite restaurant has to be the Mata Hari which is now on Threppaya Road. Louis is definately one of the best "Mine Host's" around and he has great food and fine wine.

No view though, althought the waitress had a hel_l of a pair of top <deleted> ! !

It is called The Swiss Sabai Lakeside Lodge...

Is it air conditioned? The missus will be wanting to look her best, and she's not too keen on sweating (or do women call it "glowing"?) in an outdoor restaurant... :D

Without a doubt my favourite restaurant has to be the Mata Hari which is now on Threppaya Road. Louis is definately one of the best "Mine Host's" around and he has great food and fine wine.

I thought that the Mata Hari had Indian cuisine? :D

No view though, althought the waitress had a hel_l of a pair of top <deleted> ! !

:D

I'd better keep an eye out for a duck if I got caught checking out that kind of view...