Cage Flees "bangkok Dangerous"

george

Cage flees "Bangkok Dangerous"

BANGKOK: -- Military coup in Thailand this week interrupted filming of Nicolas Cage's new movie, a gangster thriller being shot in Bangkok, a Chinese news website said Thursday.

The Chinese news Web site, Sina.com, said Cage had prepared a private jet to leave the country on short notice.

Hong Kong-born twin brothers Danny and Oxide Pang are remaking their 1999 film, "Bangkok Dangerous," Sina.com said.

When news of the coup on Tuesday night reached the crew, Cage was rushed back to his hotel. Crew members remained on the set to keep an eye on prop guns until Cage persuaded the producer to send everyone home, according to the report.

The directors couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Sina.com said filming was scheduled to be completed next month, but may be delayed by the coup, which saw the military overthrow of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Cage, 42, won a best-actor Oscar for 1995's "Leaving Las Vegas." His screen credits also include "Adaptation," "World Trade Center" and "Matchstick Men."

--The Nation 2006-09-22

I can see the ad now...

WANTED

Balding tall moody actor with famous relatives in the industry, to star in remake of Thai gangster epic made Hollywood friendly. Must be willing to play the role of a talking Thai mute with American features and accent and work in red light district, WORK PERMIT PROVIDED.

Asian wife/girlfriend and lack of talent a plus.

Please send CV to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Obviously him being all tough in the movie is simply not true. I am suffering some dissonance here...... :o

Kinda ruins the tough guy image - I mean some publicity pics of him hugging a tank or cuddling one of the SF guys might have done his image a power of good.

Next time I see him on HBO it's going to be "Wuzz".

As a Scot I thoroughly enjoyed watching vintage tanks trundling around with smiling squaddies.

Cheers,

Couthy. :o

:D Cage has left? I agree with a previous post. He should have embraced the tanks and troops. It would have done wonders for his PR.

Very unrespectful if he did leave all the people hanging and also the country welcomed him in to film hs gangster movie too! :D

Over actor! :o

:D

This news is old and out of date now. Cage has stayed, although he had a jet ready and waiting if things went ugly.

Nothing wrong with a contingency plan. Within an hour of the coup I had begun planning to hijack a longtail boat and head to Burma if things got sticky :o

Well admittedly my plan was motivated more for my desire for a Beer Myanmar than anything else.

The brewers of Thailand should be ashamed of the fact that piss poor countries like Burma, Laos and Cambodia make beer a hundred times better than that of this country. Maybe the military can have a chat to Boon Rawd and ThaiBev?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09/22...es_30014411.php

Bangkok is not dangerous for Cage

Oscar winner Nicolas Cage is still filming his new movie in Bangkok despite the military coup in Thailand, a film crew said on Friday.

He dismissed a news report that Cage already boarded a private jet to Hong Kong upon learning of the coup on Tuesday night.

"It is true that a private jet is prepared in case of emergency. But from our estimation, it would be no danger for Cage and the production team. Cage is still with us. Our work is conducted at an outer ring of Bangkok and the security is fine," he said.

Sina.com, a Chinese website, earlier reported that when news of the coup on Tuesday night reached the crew, Cage was rushed back to his hotel. Crew members remained on the set to keep an eye on prop guns until Cage persuaded the producer to send everyone home.

Hong Kong-born twin brothers Danny and Oxide Pang are remaking their 1999 film, "Bangkok Dangerous."

Sina.com said filming was scheduled to be completed next month, but may be delayed by the coup, which saw the military overthrow of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Cage, 42, won a best-actor Oscar for 1995's "Leaving Las Vegas." His screen credits also include "Adaptation," "World Trade Center" and "Matchstick Men."

The Nation

Damage Control

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09/22...es_30014411.php

Bangkok is not dangerous for Cage

Oscar winner Nicolas Cage is still filming his new movie in Bangkok despite the military coup in Thailand, a film crew said on Friday.

He dismissed a news report that Cage already boarded a private jet to Hong Kong upon learning of the coup on Tuesday night.

"It is true that a private jet is prepared in case of emergency. But from our estimation, it would be no danger for Cage and the production team. Cage is still with us. Our work is conducted at an outer ring of Bangkok and the security is fine," he said.

Sina.com, a Chinese website, earlier reported that when news of the coup on Tuesday night reached the crew, Cage was rushed back to his hotel. Crew members remained on the set to keep an eye on prop guns until Cage persuaded the producer to send everyone home.

Hong Kong-born twin brothers Danny and Oxide Pang are remaking their 1999 film, "Bangkok Dangerous."

The Nation

Thought he was quite good as the Italian soldier with the banjo..mandolin in Captain Correllis wotsit.

Apparantly the number of tourists doubled and doubled again on the island afterwards so maybe he will do the same for Cowboy. :o

I can see the ad now...

He's over reacting. I wont join the NC slag sess. He did star in some excellent films in the 80's. (Wild at Heart?)............then <deleted> for years.........but "God of War" is quality and important.

Perhaps if you remember the opening sequence, in my opinion the most brilliant opening of any Hollywood trash, maybe made him understand the danger of bullets. Apparently he did a lot of research to understand who he was playing, and doesn't want to be seen amongst guns and tanks. ...........Just a thought. He is an actor, not the real deal. That's why he is (sometimes) a great actor.

Cage is a commercial entity,

not just a person.

I am SURE, having worked a bit in the film world,

that his producers, prompted by their INSURRORS,

Said in no uncertain terms,

get "our property" out of harms way, for the moment.

The film completion bond on Nick Cage must be ENOURMOUS.

THEY WERE NOT GOING TO TAKE CHANCES

A delayed shoot, well that is normal,

but a dead star a few weeks from shooting wrap up.

That's years of law suits and an unfinished film.

As well as a cash cow into the future wiped out.

Ya can't blame cage, it was a prudent business decision.

Cage is a commercial entity,

not just a person.

I am SURE, having worked a bit in the film world,

that his producers, prompted by their INSURRORS,

Said in no uncertain terms,

get "our property" out of harms way, for the moment.

The film completion bond on Nick Cage must be ENOURMOUS.

THEY WERE NOT GOING TO TAKE CHANCES

A delayed shoot, well that is normal,

but a dead star a few weeks from shooting wrap up.

That's years of law suits and an unfinished film.

As well as a cash cow into the future wiped out.

Ya can't blame cage, it was a prudent business decision.

true.. thanks for a dose of reality here. there's probably even a clause about military coups in his contract... or something pretty ###### close :o

bangkok too dangerous ...

I can see the ad now...

WANTED

Balding tall moody actor with famous relatives in the industry, to star in remake of Thai gangster epic made Hollywood friendly. Must be willing to play the role of a talking Thai mute with American features and accent and work in red light district, WORK PERMIT PROVIDED.

Asian wife/girlfriend and lack of talent a plus.

Please send CV to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Obviously him being all tough in the movie is simply not true. I am suffering some dissonance here...... :o

Agree, stupid idea to remake this movie with a farang in the lead role.