Thaksin 'requests British Visa'

george

Thaksin 'requests British visa'

LONDON: -- A British newspaper said this morning that ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has begun a process aimed at obtaining a permanent visa to remain in London.

"Last night," the website report said, "it emerged that Thaksin has approached British immigration lawyers with a view to staying permanently in the UK. He is thought to have permission to remain here for three months only, unless he can claim asylum."

The newspaper also quoted unnamed "investigators in Thailand" as claiming that Mr Thaksin shipped huge amounts of money out of Thailand in suitcases around the time of the military coup on Sept 19.

The story was on the "This Is London" website run by the Evening Standard newspaper at (www.thisislondon.co.uk)

"It is claimed that he stashed the money in 114 suitcases which were transported to Finland only days before the coup, as Thaksin began a tour of Europe and America," the story said.

Stories from Thailand said that Mr Thaksin and his party took a large number of suitcases when he last left Thailand for a tour that took him to Finland, Kazakhstan, London, Cuba, Mexico, the United States and finally to London after the military coup.

"Immigration laws ban Thais from taking more than 700 pounds (about 50,000 baht) out of the country when they go overseas," the web story claims. In fact, there is no legal limit, but amounts above 50,000 baht must be declared.

--Bangkok Post 2006-10-15

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shame the baggage handlers cant do what the Thai postal seem so guilty of (*see qualifier below )and open the bags to check if there are any valuables :o

would be Karma in the extreme is someone had opened the bags and emptied them or tipped of the immigration but as he was still PM then would have got diplomatic immunity

mind you couldnt see the baggage handlers giving the money back to Thailand unless they all came over on golfing ans nooky holidays :D:D

*according to the amount of posts on this forum about this phenomenon

def :-A phenomenon (plural: phenomena) is an observable event, particularly something special (literally something that can be seen, derived from the Greek word φαινόμενον phainomenon = observable, plural φαινόμενα).

Its a wonder some of his bags did not go missing.

if he gets the visa we know where UK stands on corruption

just had a thought (i wondered what that grinding schreeching sound was!)

if the bags were so full of money how the hel_l did he get past the checkin

oh yeah he went Thai air

Wai and Wai again to the floor "bags way way overweight sir" "problem ?"

couple of KBht notes slip across the cultural divide "no sir no problem at all sir!"

and why didnt the BH's at whichever airport he landed at nick them

coz the unions wouldn't let them lift as they were too heavy

"nah cant lift them mate against elf & saiftee en it eh? eh?"

"no wot i mean guvnor"

"why thankyou guvnor "

couple of nifty fifties swap hands with a quick all round butchers b4hand like

thats right there's no corruptiuon in the Uk :o

Its a wonder some of his bags did not go missing.

if he gets the visa we know where UK stands on corruption

just had a thought (i wondered what that grinding schreeching sound was!)

if the bags were so full of money how the hel_l did he get past the checkin

oh yeah he went Thai air

Wai and Wai again to the floor "bags way way overweight sir" "problem ?"

couple of KBht notes slip across the cultural divide "no sir no problem at all sir!"

and why didnt the BH's at whichever airport he landed at nick them

coz the unions wouldn't let them lift as they were too heavy

"nah cant lift them mate against elf & saiftee en it eh? eh?"

"no wot i mean guvnor"

"why thankyou guvnor "

couple of nifty fifties swap hands with a quick all round butchers b4hand like

thats right there's no corruptiuon in the Uk :o

:D:D

If the plane with the loot arrived in Finland, then I would expect that the Finnish governement would demand that they be notified prior to it being brought in. Generally, it is legal to transport a large amount of cash, but the (from- and to- countries) must be notified.

If Finland was not notified, then they can confiscate it?

Which currency was all of the cash?

Thaksin Shinawatra

Present Location : United Kingdom

Present classification : Farung

I think you didn't get it yet.

"Farang", spelled with an "a", is a neutral descriptive term for a caucasian, most definately derived from the Persian "ferenghee", describing the 'franks' and their frankish empire. The same term is also used in Urdu as well.

Thaksin is by all accounts hardly caucasian.

As to the article - YAWN... :o

Thaksin Shinawatra

Present Location : United Kingdom

Present classification : Farung

I think you didn't get it yet.

"Farang", spelled with an "a", is a neutral descriptive term for a caucasian, most definately derived from the Persian "ferenghee", describing the 'franks' and their frankish empire. The same term is also used in Urdu as well.

Thaksin is by all accounts hardly caucasian.

As to the article - YAWN... :o

I dont get it either, completely above my head.

Make him apply from his home country :o

I like sriracha john's idea of having Mr Big do a Jack Golf visa run to France. If there isn't already a Jack Golf branch in Ol' Blighty, maybe this is a good franchise idea for a TV mamber? :D

Maybe easier he marries an english girl (UK wife stamp in the passport)....

I am amashamed to say the brits will no doubt give him a visa / residency without him even having to leave the country, after all we did the same for Pinochet.

Yes that was shameful, but so was the asylum given to Marcos and Goody Many Shoes in the U.S.

Please Mr. Foreign Office.

Make him declare the money he brings in, keep it, and charge him all the appropriate fees for his applications, and then REFUSE THE BUGGER!

THANK YOU

ALL THE EXPATS IN THAILAND

"yes sir, I understand you want a visa. Exactly what type of visa would you like.If you want a tourist visa I must ask have you visited here 3 times in the last 6 months? Oh well, that's no good. I know that's ridiculous, sir. Shall we try a business visa? Ok. You need to return to your country to get the correct visa to start the process. You're not keen on going back there at the moment. Ok. Maybe we can start the visa from here. Do you have partners in your business? Oh, you don't need any because you are rich. Well, your business will have to be owned 51% by British Nationals. You don't trust any British Nationals and why would you want other people owning more than half of your business. Don't ask me sir, I only work here. Marriage visa maybe? Have you had 80,000 pounds sat in a British bank for the last 3 months and never allowed it to go less than that amount. Note, sir, that money will need to stay in the bank for an undetermined length of time because we want to check if you borrowed of one of your friends. Oh, you don't have any friends now.OK. Please don't shout sir, it is considered rude. What about an investment visa? Ah, you like the sound of that. Good. Do you have any property in this country sir? Excellent. Are more than half the people who live in you street British? Not sure.OK, well they would need to be. I imagine you could knock all their doors to find out , sir. I'm not certain how poplular that would be. You did buy the property new, did you sir? Oh, secondhand.Ah. Oh wait i forgot ,they have cancelled the investment visa. Yes sir, I do know what I am doing. May I suggest you nip on a cheap flight to Singapore,but they can be tricky, or KL, but they can also ask for a lot of paperwork,or possibly Penang, and get a single entry there.Once you get over there is an airline called Air Asia, I doubt you have heard of it. Oh you have heard of it. Please stop swearing, sir. Well they are a bit cheap and nasty, but you can bounce round on them until you find a way back. Thank you sir, but I will not do that to myself. Thank you and goodbye."

"yes sir, I understand you want a visa. Exactly what type of visa would you like.If you want a tourist visa I must ask have you visited here 3 times in the last 6 months? Oh well, that's no good. I know that's ridiculous, sir. Shall we try a business visa? Ok. You need to return to your country to get the correct visa to start the process. You're not keen on going back there at the moment. Ok. Maybe we can start the visa from here. Do you have partners in your business? Oh, you don't need any because you are rich. Well, your business will have to be owned 51% by British Nationals. You don't trust any British Nationals and why would you want other people owning more than half of your business. Don't ask me sir, I only work here. Marriage visa maybe? Have you had 80,000 pounds sat in a British bank for the last 3 months and never allowed it to go less than that amount. Note, sir, that money will need to stay in the bank for an undetermined length of time because we want to check if you borrowed of one of your friends. Oh, you don't have any friends now.OK. Please don't shout sir, it is considered rude. What about an investment visa? Ah, you like the sound of that. Good. Do you have any property in this country sir? Excellent. Are more than half the people who live in you street British? Not sure.OK, well they would need to be. I imagine you could knock all their doors to find out , sir. I'm not certain how poplular that would be. You did buy the property new, did you sir? Oh, secondhand.Ah. Oh wait i forgot ,they have cancelled the investment visa. Yes sir, I do know what I am doing. May I suggest you nip on a cheap flight to Singapore,but they can be tricky, or KL, but they can also ask for a lot of paperwork,or possibly Penang, and get a single entry there.Once you get over there is an airline called Air Asia, I doubt you have heard of it. Oh you have heard of it. Please stop swearing, sir. Well they are a bit cheap and nasty, but you can bounce round on them until you find a way back. Thank you sir, but I will not do that to myself. Thank you and goodbye."

This has to rate as the post of the month at the very least. Many thanks for the laugh out loud factor.

Regards

The latest is that The Shinawatra family have decided not to stay in Britain as every time they leave their flat, everybody including 2-year old children grin madly at them and shout "You, you chinky, you you!" "Tham hai phom bah loei!" a member of the family was claimed to have said. :o

The latest is that The Shinawatra family have decided not to stay in Britain as every time they leave their flat, everybody including 2-year old children grin madly at them and shout "You, you chinky, you you!" "Tham hai phom bah loei!" a member of the family was claimed to have said.
:o

On a more serious note: I truly believe that Thaksin's life is in danger if he were to return to Thailand, so I am sure the U.K. will grant him leave to stay.

The question is, will some of his enemies follow him to London with malice aforethought?

On a more serious note: I truly believe that Thaksin's life is in danger if he were to return to Thailand, so I am sure the U.K. will grant him leave to stay.

The question is, will some of his enemies follow him to London with malice aforethought?[/i]

His life isn't in danger. HE and some of his 1000 baht note smelling zombies were a menace to other people's lives. On the other hand, his freedom is in jeopardy, he da*n well knows why :o

As for ennemies following him, that's more his own supporters style.

There you go:

*Investor Status Citizenship available in UK*

It requires n applicant to demonstrate that he/she owns at least one million pounds and is willing to commit three quarters (GBP 750,000) of that to a specific four year investment in UK and during the first year locate the remaining quarter (GBP 250,000) in UK in any form the investor chooses. This category provides that an investor does not need to be economically active at all. The investor can take any form of self-employment without he details of that self-employment having to be approved in any manner. The investor my simply take any self-employment whether short or long duration, at any time he/she pleases without specific approval being required.

Make him apply from his home country :o

I like sriracha john's idea of having Mr Big do a Jack Golf visa run to France. If there isn't already a Jack Golf branch in Ol' Blighty, maybe this is a good franchise idea for a TV mamber? :D

Ever the consumate businessman, Thaksin has decided to start his own visa run service to the French coastline with his state-of-the-art craft: The SS Thakky:

post-9005-1160927463_thumb.jpg

I like sriracha john's idea of having Mr Big do a Jack Golf visa run to France. If there isn't already a Jack Golf branch in Ol' Blighty, maybe this is a good franchise idea for a TV mamber? :o

Ever the consumate businessman, Thaksin has decided to start his own visa run service to the French coastline with his state-of-the-art craft: The SS Thakky:

Registered in Liberia, I'm sure. I guess he didn't want to pony up the franchise fees to Jack Golf, eh? :D