Dynasat TV

Jai Dee

Without breaking any forum rules (like posting key codes.... discussion of illegal activities etc)... is anyone else in the same boat as me?

My satellite TV system is hung up on "Updating Key..."

And has been for 2 days now.

:o

We had a major electrical storm 2 days ago which could have fried the KU band LNB... but ThaiCom3 is still receiving OK... and I'm receiving the FTA channels on AgilaKU.

Has Dream changed their access codes again?

Or do I need a new LNB?

Yep :o

As I follow the great Sumo tournaments , I know the connection dropped on day 7 and came back on day 14 (could at least see the final day 15 and that was last Sunday !)

In between I also had the sign"updating key".I didn't do anything and it just came back.

I lost connection again 2 days ago ,just like you.

Waiting???

Calling the service??

on one of the sat forums they said that dynasat are testing new firmware and will release it soon so have a look in the sat forums like jsat.tv.com or on dynasat.com. If you have a null modem serial cable you can upgrade yourself with your computer or get the sat people to do it for you. :o

Yep, firmware upgrade is needed so the box can keep auto updating.

On an aside, Dynasat's angelbox has been performing brilliant without any outage for the last 3 months! Looks like the Dynasat people doing as best as they can, so just hold tight and be patient...

I'm afraid I cannot comment on jsat... I didn't buy my system from them.

Monty, I have the Angelbox Baby coupled to a Silverbox II and you're right... no probs at all for the last 3 months.

Is yours a similar setup and is yours hung up on "Updating Key..." too?

on another note:

happy with jsat's service?

am about to decide to get a package from them, but jsat seems slightly evasive regarding longterm access.

no major headaches?

YES they have outstanding service.

Sorry cannot explain if I don't want to break any rule :o

And yes too for evasive.You never know when there will be a crackdown

But after 1 to 2 years you are at the breakeven point if you compare with UBC for example

The new firmware upgrade for dynasat is now ready to download from jsat. :D

I don't want to break any forum rules either.... could you please send me the link Via PM :D

Got to be honest, since I got a permanent internet link, I have hardly turned on the TV (television) .... good value when IPStar decides to go walkies for a few days though. Far better value than User Bears the Cost :o

Edited by Totster
keeping within the rules *wink*

Thaddeus- If you would be so kind, I have a question about your Ipstar use?

I too have thought about viewing TV via Ipstar but would the hourly usage cost be somewhat expensive?

At their website the home plan seems to only allow for 2 GB of download per month at a cost of 2500 baht.

I am thinking that would be less that 1 or 2hours of TV am I wrong about that?

Any advise much appreciated,

Jim :o

My local technician came around to my place last night and upgraded my system... all working well now.

:D

And... bonus... there are some new birds to choose from in the sky.

:o

I haven't had a chance to fully check it out yet, but I'll spend some time with it over the weekend and post the results next week.

Are you meaning that all those other satellites may provide other channels ?

Absolutely. :o Were you being sarcastic?

It does seem wasteful not to have some access apart from Agila KU.

There are alternatives, but most are not FTA and are encrypted.

Are you meaning that all those other satellites may provide other channels ?

It does seem wasteful not to have some access apart from Agila KU.

if you have a 10 foot remote control dish you can pick up maybe 10 other sats plus agila ku.

the problem is 99% are not in english so its not really worthwhile going down that path

Hi,

Dream AU has stopped working even with the last update (L365). Both last night and this morning I was able to manually input key codes. About a half hour ago it stopped working again and when I input the current codes, it immediately went back to incorrect codes.

Greg

Multichoice down as well today via Dynasat. I've had enough; gonna take a punt on the DM-500S.

Hmmm have more problems with Multichoice than Dream on DM 500S now.

Stop sometimes for some seconds,pixels...And dream is fine at the same moment

But I fear it is the bad quality of ToT ADSL here in Pattaya area who is responsible for this

You guys have to realize this is an elliagal system, since you are not paying a monthly fee. I have had it for a long time and if i loose it, i have got my moneys worth. The scramblers have got better, and our local descrambler can't keep up now-i think. :o

You guys have to realize this is an elliagal system, since you are not paying a monthly fee. I have had it for a long time and if i loose it, i have got my moneys worth. The scramblers have got better, and our local descrambler can't keep up now-i think. :o

exactly