Duties Of A Maid...

Bruce1

it's a great ad.

it saves some ugly old dog ringing up on the phone for it and getting an interview - because it is the law that ugly women sound great on the phone.

this way he gets what he wants without wasting anyone's time.

Much as I find the situation distasteful, this does kind of make sense considering that no matter what the ad says, this tosser is going to hire based on looks anyways. Why waste other's time?

That said, you really need to learn a better manner of referring to women.

i knew you were going to give lefty a serve, vic. :o:D :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another rich guy looking for a cheep <deleted>>.

I'd agree, and it is just a bit offputting that he will hold her salary while expecting her to be not only a maid but also a very cheap hooker. He has total control of her and that is a worry.

You would probably worry about the sky falling in! What a load of nonsense...

Advice:

Chill out, get some sleep and "worry" about important things, rather than what might, or might not, be implied in job advertisments in an asian paper...

I'm far from worried about it, bkkandrew and my sleeping patterns are fine . . . on the other hand if you find someone vicing their opinion on an open forum irksome then possibly you should chill out and worry about the important things in life . . . like what might or might not be implied in ads. Oh, I forgot . . . that's what the topic was about or did you not catch that? Not enough sleep?

how about bringing back the horse henry.? :o

On the other hand I now need a maid in Singapore but do not want a live-in - its not the cost (800SGD a month ??) but there just is nothing to take up full time in a 2 bedroom condo and a single guy.

The question is if anybody can answer it - I see only Indo, Sri Lankan and PI maids here - anyone know why no Thai's?

I might have to ask the guys at the pub this afternoon.

In Singapore it is quite common (although strictly illegal) to employ a maid full time, but only expect her to perform a few hours a week. The rest of the time she can frelance for other people who also do not need full-time. The "full time" employer then only pays the foreign worker levy (S$350) and the maid makes up her salary with the freelance work. This suits all parties as the maid can actually earn more that way (getting at least S$60 a day part-time). Single guys, however, are not allowed to employ a maid, so you would have to be the one employing some-one else's maid part time.

On the other hand I now need a maid in Singapore but do not want a live-in - its not the cost (800SGD a month ??) but there just is nothing to take up full time in a 2 bedroom condo and a single guy.

The question is if anybody can answer it - I see only Indo, Sri Lankan and PI maids here - anyone know why no Thai's?

I might have to ask the guys at the pub this afternoon.

In Singapore it is quite common (although strictly illegal) to employ a maid full time, but only expect her to perform a few hours a week. The rest of the time she can frelance for other people who also do not need full-time. The "full time" employer then only pays the foreign worker levy (S$350) and the maid makes up her salary with the freelance work. This suits all parties as the maid can actually earn more that way (getting at least S$60 a day part-time). Single guys, however, are not allowed to employ a maid, so you would have to be the one employing some-one else's maid part time.

So the single guy gets a live in "girlfriend" who does the cooking and cleaning for a modest sum when she isn't otherwise occupied with "other duties". :o

I suspect our American friend might have been reading this column, as he's changed the wording of the advertisement, as it appears in today's Post.

The word "attractive" has been deleted from after "single".

It now reads:

"American businessman needs MAID Must be single, good personality, clean, age 20-30 years old and non-smoker. Must speak English. Can live in. Good salary. Call 084 078 5798."

So, really, I''d have to say the only bits which still puzzle me are why she has to be single and the age restriction, since it's obviously not necessary to be single or a certain age to be a good maid. Still, maybe he just likes being surrounded by young women - nothing wrong with that. And maybe he figures only a single woman would live in. Anyway, good luck to him, I suppose.

I suspect our American friend might have been reading this column, as he's changed the wording of the advertisement, as it appears in today's Post.

The word "attractive" has been deleted from after "single".

It now reads:

"American businessman needs MAID Must be single, good personality, clean, age 20-30 years old and non-smoker. Must speak English. Can live in. Good salary. Call 084 078 5798."

So, really, I''d have to say the only bits which still puzzle me are why she has to be single and the age restriction, since it's obviously not necessary to be single or a certain age to be a good maid. Still, maybe he just likes being surrounded by young women - nothing wrong with that. And maybe he figures only a single woman would live in. Anyway, good luck to him, I suppose.

cricky's mate,

are sure you are not a member of the fun police ? :o

give the guy a break will you. :D