the workers are not happy campers as they have no jobs

the towns people have lost a lot ie free health, schools, local shops and bars

the FTA with Australia is now making the politicians work to repair this

the insurance company is being sued

this is a multi faceted issue and no easy way out

but see beginning ie

if you bought in at 25 cents you would be a happy camper

3 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Not saying this is not the case, but how do you know which side to trust and which not?

You never know who to trust but there are certain clues which help.

a. Do you trust a reputable Australian company Kingsgate Consolidated with a good reputation around the world with their mining activities and which is willing to take their complaint to the International Court.

b. Do you trust an unelected military self appointed Prime Minister who uses some magic piece of paper called Article 44 to steal the mine from them.

Your choice to believe whatever you want.

11 hours ago, Cadbury said:

You never know who to trust but there are certain clues which help.

a. Do you trust a reputable Australian company Kingsgate Consolidated with a good reputation around the world with their mining activities and which is willing to take their complaint to the International Court.

b. Do you trust an unelected military self appointed Prime Minister who uses some magic piece of paper called Article 44 to steal the mine from them.

Your choice to believe whatever you want.

This conflict has been going on since way before the current Government. A lot of mining companies around the world are also known to play fast and loose, have resources for PR, 'medical reports', 'independent professionals' etc

I will never trust a company who feels the need to put the National Chief of police on the Board of Directors. Especially the Ex police chief with a reputation like the one they had, when there was an ongoing conflict with locals.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:18 AM, webfact said:

Maha Sarakham University lecturer Chainarong Sretthachau, however, warned that if the gold mine is reopened as a result of negotiations between the gold mine company and the government, the conflict and impact on people would continue and the government would inevitably face resentment for its decision.

so, between the lines, the government cares little-to-nothing about the people; 'environment' and 'the people' are just insincere talking points

If anyone has access to the medical reports on the villagers that have been effected by Kingsgate mining, please post them.

We will be waiting a long time for these reports as there are none.

As a parallel the Lynas Company in Malaysia could not start operating until the radioactive issue was resolved. The opposition used the refinery as a political foot ball and said that the radiation would kill all the villagers and this went on for over a year.

The top speakers from all over the world came and gave a presentation. One had measured the radioactivity of the plant and found it to be far less than that of a banana. This evidence was presented to all.

Soon after the plant opened.