North Korea conducts hydrogen bomb test; U.S. pledges 'massive' response if threatened

webfact

7 minutes ago, flipflop99 said:

Seriously ... Sirens going off in Japan after a missile crosses their country is just a "Meh" situation???????? Dont suppose the bombardment of offshore islands (killing S.Koreans in the process), sinking of a S.Korean Naval vessel or multiple tunnels under the DMZ are worth worrying about either? Nor their refusal to sign a peace treaty ending the Korean War?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/20/south-korea-north-korea-border-attack-loudspeaker-retaliation

The DPRK version of events is that they were firing at loudspeakers on the island.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, flipflop99 said:

Seriously ... Sirens going off in Japan after a missile crosses their country is just a "Meh" situation???????? Dont suppose the bombardment of offshore islands (killing S.Koreans in the process), sinking of a S.Korean Naval vessel or multiple tunnels under the DMZ are worth worrying about either? Nor their refusal to sign a peace treaty ending the Korean War?

" Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak... If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. "

-Sun TzuChinese general, military strategist, and philosopher who lived in the Spring and Autumn period of ancient China )

Can anyone send a video to Kim of how Hiroshima looked like after the bomb exploded so he can get the message what it will look like in Pyongyang when the bomb hit  .

Then he can think about it again . Unfortunately evil and mad men do not think. 

historical-world-war-ii-pictures-3-74-63  

12 minutes ago, balo said:

Can anyone send a video to Kim of how Hiroshima looked like after the bomb exploded so he can get the message what it will look like in Pyongyang when the bomb hit  .

Equally millions of Americans could suffer also in a different way

121311_hn_emp_640.jpg

14 hours ago, webfact said:

including Guam or our allies will be met with a massive military response, a response both effective and overwhelming," Mattis said.

as an ex american, i cannot understand people who think the usa decison-makers are doves; absolutely not ! usa was the first to use atomic energy in conflict; it will do it again in a heartbeat; sorry for all of you in seoul but the initial loss-of-life will have been caused by the quasi-idiots  guised as n korean leaders,

however if the first strike comes from n korea then there will not be a n korea for long thereafter

Edited by YetAnother

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

Very shortsighted.

China has proposed NK stop with weapon development and US and allies stop exercises on NKs doorstep. So far it has been the US and allies not accepting that proposal, which IMO in itself is quite reasonable. But would NK stick to it?

And that's the problem. China and Russia guarantee North Koreas security, The US withdraws its troops, negotiations resume, and six months later the North Korean Artillery opens up and their tanks roll over the DMZ.....

That's how it all started 50 odd years ago.

53 minutes ago, midas said:

Equally millions of Americans could suffer also in a different way

121311_hn_emp_640.jpg

Yes, we, the USA want to prevent that 2nd picture............ I, as an American think that after planning to avoid as many as possible S.Korean and Japanese casualties... He (Kim) will be 'stopped (He in all aspects has already declared war on the US)'......... It is probably in the planning stages now, and as an American I don't want to see that 2nd picture on the news (while I am in Thailand) or any time and I feel confident I won't see that picture..... 'EVER'..........

I really don't want to see the first picture, but better the 1st than the 2nd..............

36 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

as an ex american, i cannot understand people who think the usa decison-makers are doves; absolutely not ! usa was the first to use atomic energy in conflict; it will do it again in a heartbeat; sorry for all of you in seoul but the initial loss-of-life will have been caused by the quasi-idiots  guised as n korean leaders,

however if the first strike comes from n korea then there will not be a n korea for long thereafter

We are discussing North Korea and it's 'possible' nuclear threats against the people of the US......

Are you Proud to be ex-American, If so ..... good riddance....... America has a lot (of leeches) like you and we would 'like' to have our citizens love our country......... (but we are used to your breed also)

But I would make a considerable bet that you are living here daily from funds that the 'good ole USA' are transferring into your account monthly.......... But the US has a lot of leeches, sucking out it's blood, and many Americans would like to see them exterminated.......

As an ex-american (it should be ex-American - capitalized) I doubt that you have family in the USA that you 'care about'...... You probably ran off to Thailand to avoid 'child-support' payments to your children in the US.....

In any case I have traveled to 89 countries in the world and would not give up my US Passport for any of them (Have you surrendered Your US citizenship to be an 'ex-american'?)  I hope you have and gotten a Thai citizenship and passport..... 5555555

I don't like NK having 'Nukes' with a 'crazy man' ready to wipe out my fellow-Americans

13 hours ago, retarius said:

I agree that the absolute worst thing would be to use nukes on NK. But the second worst thing is to start yet another war. 

Kim's scientists now have the knowledge of how to make nukes, you cannot eradicate this knowledge with bombs and war. The aim now should be non-profileration, so that the knowledge doesn't spread to other states or non-state actors like ISIS.

Kim at most has a warhead or two and perhaps a few bombs, nothing that would threaten large nations existentially. His ability to deliver these accurately is questionable. These bombs are relatively also easy to intercept with the sophisticated defensive weaponry that is available and being installed in SK. 

So, are you saying that we should just wait until he has hundreds of them and then just rely on a non-proliferation treaty, so that other nations cannot get them?  Will you feel comfortable sitting at home in the knowledge that sweet-natured Kim has them at his disposal whenever he feels that someone has slighted him?  The West has personal experience of the dismal failure of appeasement policies when dealing with unstable leaders.

3 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Yes, we, the USA want to prevent that 2nd picture............ I, as an American think that after planning to avoid as many as possible S.Korean and Japanese casualties... He (Kim) will be 'stopped (He in all aspects has already declared war on the US)'......... It is probably in the planning stages now, and as an American I don't want to see that 2nd picture on the news (while I am in Thailand) or any time and I feel confident I won't see that picture..... 'EVER'..........

I really don't want to see the first picture, but better the 1st than the 2nd..............

You should be OK as ENRON aren't in business anymore...

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, are you saying that we should just wait until he has hundreds of them and then just rely on a non-proliferation treaty, so that other nations cannot get them?  Will you feel comfortable sitting at home in the knowledge that sweet-natured Kim has them at his disposal whenever he feels that someone has slighted him?  The West has personal experience of the dismal failure of appeasement policies when dealing with unstable leaders.

They don't need hundreds of them, just enough to convince the military / boardroom warmongers that they really ought to try elsewhere for their blood and treasure. 

1 hour ago, baboon said:

They don't need hundreds of them, just enough to convince the military / boardroom warmongers that they really ought to try elsewhere for their blood and treasure. 

So why do they need thermonuclear devices? When do you think enough is enough? What if his plan is to build sufficient of these to destroy the planet? Would that be enough? This little man has clearly understood the benefit of a nuclear deterrent; but how far should he be allowed to carry on? I think he is crossing the Rubicon about now and he needs to row back.

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

So why do they need thermonuclear devices? When do you think enough is enough? What if his plan is to build sufficient of these to destroy the planet? Would that be enough? This little man has clearly understood the benefit of a nuclear deterrent; but how far should he be allowed to carry on? I think he is crossing the Rubicon about now and he needs to row back.

You answered your own question in your post: "This little man has clearly understood the benefit of a nuclear deterrent".

When is enough enough? Ask that to the current nuclear powers, all of who seem quite happy with the status quo, just as long as as nobody else gets to dine at their exaulted table. High time they lead the world in disarmament as keenly as they are / were to arm themselves. 

On 04/09/2017 at 2:10 PM, baboon said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/20/south-korea-north-korea-border-attack-loudspeaker-retaliation

The DPRK version of events is that they were firing at loudspeakers on the island.

that's ok then ? Next time my neighbours are a bit noisey, I will just lob a few granades over the fence. Should calm them down a bit.

23 minutes ago, flipflop99 said:

that's ok then ? Next time my neighbours are a bit noisey, I will just lob a few granades over the fence. Should calm them down a bit.

Would work a treat, I reckon. Noisy neighbours are a real pain in the backside, unless it is me making the noise...

On 9/4/2017 at 10:29 PM, balo said:

Dumbest post in here