Thai Bashing

Dumbastheycome

In  recent observation  by others  that also coincides  with  my own  opinion is  that there  should  be  some  better  censure on  those  who  wholisticaly  demise  the entire  Thai population  with derogatory  remarks  or  opinion.

If  such comment is  not selective  to individuals  and not  pertinent to specific  issues  then  could it  come  to be  considered  a lese-majeste offence? 

I think you should 'own what you write'... by that I mean, if you choose to be offensive then do so under your own name, not through a anonymous user name. 

Note: I also don't write under my own name, the reason for this is that some forum members can be so baiting, so childish and trollish that I imagine they may potentially troll 'real life' social media accounts just to win. 

The Thai forum panthip.com must be joined with government issued ID - meaning that posters can be held accountable for what they write. 

Here, on ThaiVisa.com people write freely, within the bounds of legality or face a ban as the owners of the forum may be held accountable. Freedom of speech is one thing, but a little dance must exist to maintain open and honest opinion. At the same time, trolls ruin it for many, interesting threads are destroyed by trolls and childish idiots who can't agree to disagree.

More on topic - there is a difference between an out and out Thai bash and on topic criticism of topic related issues which would be repeated, agreed with and often discussed with more venom by our Thai friends.

Intelligent discussion is one thing... An out and out generalized bash against a whole country is something entirely different and often borne of intensely sour emotion and a poorly balanced opinion. 

Edited by richard_smith237

Ahhh, we are on thin ice here.

If somebody "bashes" Thais, then it's usually based on personal experience. = He is voicing his opinion. His opinion is as legitimate as the voices defending "Thai-Ways".

To suppress Opinions and Freedom of Speak has become very fashionable these days.

The recent newcomers to the club: Turkey, Venezuela, Cambodia, Philippines, Thailand. (Just to name the "newcomers").

Unfortunately, few Farangs understand enough of the Thai-Language to realize how much "Farang-Bashing" takes place by Thais.

I can assure all non-Thai-speaking Farangs: The "Thai-Bashing" that is taking place in this Forum, is nothing compared to the "Farang-Bashing" that Thais engage in. (As long as they think that the Farang does not understand what they are saying.)

Finally: Farangs, advocating further censorship in this Forum may consider re-location to North-Korea. Feeling much more "at home".
Cheers.  

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

I think you should 'own what you write'... by that I mean, if you choose to be offensive then do so under your own name, not through a anonymous user name. 

Note: I also don't write under my own name, the reason for this is that some forum members can be so baiting, so childish and trollish that I imagine they may potentially troll 'real life' social media accounts just to win. 

The Thai forum panthip.com must be joined with government issued ID - meaning that posters can be held accountable for what they write. 

Here, on ThaiVisa.com people write freely, within the bounds of legality or face a ban as the owners of the forum may be held accountable. Freedom of speech is one thing, but a little dance must exist to maintain open and honest opinion. At the same time, trolls ruin it for many, interesting threads are destroyed by trolls and childish idiots who can't agree to disagree.

More on topic - there is a difference between an out and out Thai bash and on topic criticism of topic related issues which would be repeated, agreed with and often discussed with more venom by our Thai friends.

Intelligent discussion is one thing... An out and out generalized bash against a whole country is something entirely different and often borne of intensely sour emotion and a poorly balanced opinion. 

I feel sorry for all the Richard smiths I have facebook stalked now.but on a serious note, lighten up.

//Closed//

You do not see the posts that are removed.   If you see those bashing all Thai people, there is a report button.  

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.  You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

eg search the forum using google for usuage of terms: junta, tea money, brown envelopes

Edited by onthesoi

On 9/6/2017 at 7:06 PM, Kadilo said:

I am a newbie on here so can hardly pass judgement on Mods. That said I do often see posts from long term high posters and wonder how the hell they are not deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Did you not know this is an old boys club ,  Or the old farts club, been on here a long long time , know all and are never wrong.

There is much to admire about Thai people, and Thailand.

There is also as in any country the not so good even the Thai will agree on this

So you can have everyone concentrate on the good and ignore the not so good

Or you can opt for an open forum where everyone can speak as they find and accept experiences can differ from person to person

However people constantly repeating 'generalisations'  serve only to enhance the perception that their 'credibility' regarding real life 'experiences' in Thailand are somewhat lacking